Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Son playing well and Eriksen turning up, kind of what we really needed after a couple of average performances of decent results.

I get why people compare Son to Lamela although I think the problems both faced are different.

Lamela was always great at pressing and getting involved, it was his decision making in the final third that was the issue. With Son his weakness is in the pressing/getting involved part of his game, he works really hard but last season looked a headless chicken, it's the tactical part of Son's game that is what will IMO make or break him.

Great yesterday, for me I hope Poch works and works in him as his raw talent is great, but his positioning can improve. Good potential.

Son is a different player to most of our other wide players - he's a true forward and not much of a MF. He has terrific movement in the final 3rd and is a great finisher with both feet, but he's not nearly as intricate in his passing as the guys we have that are more midfielders (Lamela / Eriksen, etc). Like most forwards, he's also a bit greedy (see: his 2nd goal, which was a ruthlessly greedy first time shot).

I like that he gives us options depending on what we need from a match, and he's a genuinely good player who will put the ball in the net if he plays.

Son is a different player to most of our other wide players - he's a true forward and not much of a MF. He has terrific movement in the final 3rd and is a great finisher with both feet, but he's not nearly as intricate in his passing as the guys we have that are more midfielders (Lamela / Eriksen, etc). Like most forwards, he's also a bit greedy (see: his 2nd goal, which was a ruthlessly greedy first time shot).

I like that he gives us options depending on what we need from a match, and he's a genuinely good player who will put the ball in the net if he plays.

Son is a guy who should constantly be in front of the ball rather than behind it.

I fully believe, that he is a 15 goals a season man

Someone said it before, but yesterday I couldn't help but think that when Son has too much time to think he seems to always make bad decisions, but when it's just pure reflexes he looks outstanding. I can definitely see Pochettino's reason last year for saying that Son would make a good backup for Kane. He definitely has an eye for goal and has reflexes are very good.

Many of the same problems he exhibited last season are still very present, and his biggest problem (his inconsistence) won't be seen until we've seen him play again.

I was a bit concerned letting Chadli go at the end of the window. Sonny's performance did a lot to ease those concerns. He still has some things to work on but that was a great display to build on, hopefully he kicks on from here. We do have a lot of options for our front attacking 3 though, which is good going to be hard for anyone to nail down a run of games.

I was a bit concerned letting Chadli go at the end of the window. Sonny's performance did a lot to ease those concerns. He still has some things to work on but that was a great display to build on, hopefully he kicks on from here. We do have a lot of options for our front attacking 3 though, which is good going to be hard for anyone to nail down a run of games.

He basically did a Chadli season Youtube show-reel but in one game

giphy.gif
I've watched that 20-30 times now... he scores EVERY time!
That's an amazing shot accuracy to goal ratio... and he's just scored another 15 as I was typing this.... that's 100% so far and he just keeps going... the guy is a machine!

Watching Chadli for WBA I don't and I'm still glad we didn't sign Berahino

Chadli was a good player, but Sonny is so much more compatible with Poch.

He had some great games next to Dier there last year.

The team seem to actually be more creative with him coming from deep IMO. I'll caveat with the fact I do have a terrible memory.

Dele is very, very good at just instinctively beating a man and bursting 10-20-30 yards with the ball when he wins it. That really helps us out the such critical phases.

He also gets in the box a whole lot even then.

Back
Top Bottom