Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A post from a completely fair and unbias post. From a poster whose name is Son, whose picture is Son and who only joined the forum when we signed Son. Can't imagine any of that colouring your view though :dierpochhug:

Hahah fair point although I've been using the Sons of Thunder moniker for nearly a decade now, and the name is about 2 millennia old. ;) Also I did watch Spurs a bit back in the Dempsey/Friedel days and when some kid named Gary Bell or something scored a goal or two in the CL. So you could say...I'm recycled plastic. :wanyama:

On a serious note, do you all have a moment to discuss the miraculous healing properties of Pepsi®?

He needs to step up this year. I'm hoping for some very positive progress after a year that was mediocre. Step up Son! I believe he'll be better this

We've let go of some competitiors of his in Chadli, N'Jie and Pritchard, so he needs to step up big time indeed. If he doesn't all we are left with in the winger department is an unproven kid from the French league.

Yeah. One the key things he needs to address are his poor touch and control. If he receives a pass he's got to hold on to it or pass it successfully. One of the major things I saw in his game. His shooting and runs often work, though

We gotta sign that "Magic" Dongwon kid
don-magic-juan-01.jpeg

SON TO SKIP INTERNATIONAL DUTY

Heung-Min Son will skip South Korea's 2018 World Cup qualifier against Syria on Tuesday in a bid to kickstart his Tottenham career.

The 24-year-old forward had a stuttering first season at White Hart Lane following his £22m move from Bayer Leverkusen last summer, making just 13 league starts in a campaign which saw Spurs finish third in the Premier League - the club's highest placing since 1990.

However, he missed the first two Premier League games of the season after appearing for South Korea at the Rio Olympics and before being an unused substitute in the 1-1 draw with Liverpool at the end of last month. But after playing in last week's 3-2 World Cup qualifying win over China, Son confirmed he will be in London as his national team-mates take on Syria in Malaysia.

"Tottenham are the team I wanted to join and I know that I have to work hard and play my best," Son said. "I am in good condition and ready to go and play as well as I can. I am sorry to my national team-mates and coach but I will support them and hope they get a good result against Syria."

Always difficult to know the true opinion of Pochettino towards Son - there was a possibility he could be like Stambouli and leave after a year, or do a Lamela and flourish over time.

At least we now know that the former isn't the case; so get on with the business of hoping last year's underwhelming performances were simply down to injury and adjustment.

Two goals and an assist. Great movement for the first goal, great ability for the second goal and superb awareness for the assist to set up Kane.

His performance gives Pochettino a headache, especially with Dembele coming back into the fold and Lamela too, who started on the bench today. What a good headache to have.

I'm not a Son hater, by the way, but it's worth pointing out that (in spite of the two very well taken goals) his passing was very hit-and-miss today. Needs to sort his through balls out.

I also felt his dribbling and first touch weren't incredible. He often lost the ball or put it in danger.

Great, great finishing though and great runs.

That 2nd was pure Bundesliga Son. Great direct run, find space and then a thumping finish without any thought.

The guy flat out scores goals, he was one of the best players in the Bundesliga his last season with Bayer.

Back
Top Bottom