Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good signing off the pitch too......

Spurs tune up digital push with 20 TV markets - Inside World Football

Spurs tune up digital push with 20 TV markets

Published on Friday, 06 November 2015 11:56
maxresdefault.jpg
By Tom Parsons
November 6 - Tottenham Hotspur have extended their global reach through Spurs TV broadcast deals which will now see them have their content available to over 300 million people worldwide.

Spurs TV footage is now being shown in 20 new countries from the start of the season. Eleven Sports, Eclat and Zuku sports are amongst some of the new broadcasters to take on a weekly TV programme.

The weekly TV programme consists of three hours of in-depth content giving Tottenham's global fan base the chance to see more of their club on a weekly basis.

The show includes extended match highlights, interviews and behind-the-scenes features.

Some of the broadcasters mentioned above will now enable fans in Malaysia,Singapore, South Korea and large parts of Africa to see Spurs content.

Overall, 70 international territories outside of the UK have access to Spurs digital content through partnerships that Tottenham Hotspur have entered into.

It's thought Tottenham's estimated global fan base is around 450 million people which was helped by summer signing Heung-Min-Son who has helped increase Spurs supporter numbers in South Korea remarkably. This is emphasised by the way Tottenham's Facebook page has had 112% increase in "likes" from South Korea since Son arrived.

Aidan Mullaly, head of business development, Tottenham Hotspur said:

"The demand for exclusive Tottenham Hotspur content has never been higher, and we believe the program is the perfect way to bring our international family closer to the club."

I get that "in contention" is Manager-Speak for 'probably won't play at the weekend, but may still be asked to wear a tracksuit and get off the team coach wearing massive headphones as IF he might play...'
But this can only be good for the near future if he is nearing full fitness...
If not this weekend, then surely after the International break... after all.... wouldn't wanna disrupt a winning combination at any rate!
Looks like "in contention" means coming off the bench and setting up the winner...

Good signing off the pitch too......

Spurs tune up digital push with 20 TV markets - Inside World Football

Spurs tune up digital push with 20 TV markets

Published on Friday, 06 November 2015 11:56
maxresdefault.jpg
By Tom Parsons
November 6 - Tottenham Hotspur have extended their global reach through Spurs TV broadcast deals which will now see them have their content available to over 300 million people worldwide.

Spurs TV footage is now being shown in 20 new countries from the start of the season. Eleven Sports, Eclat and Zuku sports are amongst some of the new broadcasters to take on a weekly TV programme.

The weekly TV programme consists of three hours of in-depth content giving Tottenham's global fan base the chance to see more of their club on a weekly basis.

The show includes extended match highlights, interviews and behind-the-scenes features.

Some of the broadcasters mentioned above will now enable fans in Malaysia,Singapore, South Korea and large parts of Africa to see Spurs content.

Overall, 70 international territories outside of the UK have access to Spurs digital content through partnerships that Tottenham Hotspur have entered into.

It's thought Tottenham's estimated global fan base is around 450 million people which was helped by summer signing Heung-Min-Son who has helped increase Spurs supporter numbers in South Korea remarkably. This is emphasised by the way Tottenham's Facebook page has had 112% increase in "likes" from South Korea since Son arrived.

Aidan Mullaly, head of business development, Tottenham Hotspur said:

"The demand for exclusive Tottenham Hotspur content has never been higher, and we believe the program is the perfect way to bring our international family closer to the club."

450 million???

Gonna need a bigger stadium Daniel

2 goals for South Korea v footballing giants Laos for Sonny. Anyone got a link to the goals at all?....

Still unsure on his best position, someone whose followed him longer I'm sure would be able to let us know. It will take him a few weeks to get back to match sharpness but I can't help but think he's gonna be fucking class for us

2 goals for South Korea v footballing giants Laos for Sonny. Anyone got a link to the goals at all?....

Still unsure on his best position, someone whose followed him longer I'm sure would be able to let us know. It will take him a few weeks to get back to match sharpness but I can't help but think he's gonna be fucking class for us

He started as forward in Hamburg which I thought he carried out quite well considering he was only 18 or so. Then he moved to Levercusen where they had one tall fixed forward German named Stephan Shtifling or something. So he's been on a wings or behind forward for past seevral years or even on midfield in a few occasions under the too often strange coaching of Levecusen manager Schemit. One year I really thought the manager was doing things to keep Son under 20 goals a season so he could keep him longer. Another page or two I could probably go on why he was not used more as the forward in Korean national squad, but in short I think he can be played anywhere in front 4 right now. The most of the naysayers argument have been that he is not strong enough to carry on the forward but i really think what he may lack in power more than makes up in everything else such as passing, quickness, shooting and his natural goal poaching ability in and around the box. Next several years as his bone and muscle get thiker we may see him develop into something outrageous for defenders and goalies.

Son is such an exciting player, I'm really over the moon with that signing. It's really a good thing to see him coming into a well-perfoming team. Wouldn't mind to see him roll over West Ham on Sunday.

PS re above: Leverkusen and Stefan Kießling.

Back
Top Bottom