Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Very impressed with Son's dribbling/passing in tight spaces. IMO, there's no one on the team that posses that level of ability
We've got a few players who can do it on occation but I agree that Son is very skillful. He's got a lot of all round ability I think. Could become a very important player for us. The good thing is that Poch has not only built a squad with good depth in all but a couple of positions, but the squad contains a lot of different types of player. Even with one or two first starters out this weekend for instance, our opposition have big problems because we have too much for them to nulify. Kane gives us something different to Eriksen, who gives us something different from Son, who gives us something different from Dembele. How do you stop all that? And that's just four of our players. When all the squad are fit it also gives Poch lots of options to change a game because not every talented player can play.

He did well today, but he did look tired after an hour - only natural as he is still working towards full fitness. Not sure he is fully hardened to life in the EPL yet, but the signs are promising.

I think he's becoming my favourite player, 2/3 times yesterday he could have been involved in a goal if the ball had fell slightly different - he seems so fast when reacting to those 50/50 balls

I think Son has to start and Poch has to keep him in the team. I get he's not been in the best of form since returning from injury BUT we always look more potent when he's in the team and far less predictable. Our big wins against Spammers and City involved him starting.

He makes dangerous runs into the box which we missed badly today.

I think Son has to start and Poch has to keep him in the team. I get he's not been in the best of form since returning from injury BUT we always look more potent when he's in the team and far less predictable. Our big wins against Spammers and City involved him starting.

Someone said in the match thread that he's basically just the new Townsend. Can't say I entirely agree, but I know what they were talking about. Always looks threatening, but just doesn't seem to deliver when we need it. There's CLEARLY more to Son's game though, so straight player to player comparison doesn't at all need to be made.

Someone said in the match thread that he's basically just the new Townsend. Can't say I entirely agree, but I know what they were talking about. Always looks threatening, but just doesn't seem to deliver when we need it. There's CLEARLY more to Son's game though, so straight player to player comparison doesn't at all need to be made.
There's CLEARLY more to Son's game? Why, what the fuck would you know about it? Fucking dimwit. Say what you mean. Oh you can't can you. Twat.

There's CLEARLY more to Son's game? Why, what the fuck would you know about it? Fucking dimwit. Say what you mean. Oh you can't can you. Twat.

Can you not ruin another perfectly fine thread? Thanks.

To answer your point, Son is two footed, can create his own goals, can dribble past a defender better is better on the counter and probably a better passer.

Can you not ruin another perfectly fine thread? Thanks.

To answer your point, Son is two footed, can create his own goals, can dribble past a defender better is better on the counter and probably a better passer.
You couldn't tell a footballer from a cheeseburger. Don't tell me about ruining threads you gung ho fuckwit. Your blather about Son just makes you look more ridiculous.

He's certainly bringing the South Korean supporters to the lane. Really noticed it yesterday around the stadium and at least 3 flags in the north lower / west lower alone.

They'll have to start laying on coaches from New Maulden soon!

He's certainly bringing the South Korean supporters to the lane. Really noticed it yesterday around the stadium and at least 3 flags in the north lower / west lower alone.

They'll have to start laying on coaches from New Maulden soon!
Seoul Seoul wherever you maybe........

I did some adding, when Son starts we are 5 win 1 draw. When subbed or not played bc injury or for the entire Aug bf he got here we are like 8 draws 4 loss and 2 wins. This cant be all because of Sons charming personality? I say start him as much untill proved otherwise. No time to fuck around its December make or break here. Son also needs to get on the fuck8ng ball and stop shooting it to the moon.

For me he's the signing of the season , even more than Alli or Alderweireld because its players like him that we need to look for. Skilled, experience, relatively young and on the verge of a real breakthrough (even if he was already pretty established before that). The kind of player we can just about pay and the richer teams just overlook. He can be a true gem, two footed, always dangerous, always motivated and just has that natural goalscoring ability.

For me he's the signing of the season , even more than Alli or Alderweireld because its players like him that we need to look for. Skilled, experience, relatively young and on the verge of a real breakthrough (even if he was already pretty established before that). The kind of player we can just about pay and the richer teams just overlook. He can be a true gem, two footed, always dangerous, always motivated and just has that natural goalscoring ability.

I love all the signing in this season but
Toby, No doubt

I love all the signing in this season but
Toby, No doubt

Toby has really given us defensive stability. He's easily my favorite signing for us in recent years, his impact has been amazing so far.

Son is on his way there too, I like that Pochettino is gently introducing him to the league too. It'll help him adjust with the physicality and no doubt he'll be starting for us soon enough. His talent is just too high for him not to be

I love him

When he is on the field he makes a lot of intelligent runs that Eriksen can take advantage of. The substitution in was a good decision from Poch, up and up

Back
Top Bottom