Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You can get injuries like Son's from changing exercise regimes/doing a higher intensity of training ( but I feel the regime was similar at BL) Possibly more due to the previous foot fracture?
There are special socks you can get that stretch your foot when sleeping instead of wearing a night splint.
He looked ok on 26th october walking about meeting those Korean kids.
May just be a simple as resting it, having hydrotherapy and having his boots/training shoes altered for either better fit or cushioning/support.

Before he joined us he had only missed 12 games in 3 seasons. All at Hamburg. 3/4 of those with a fractured foot.
In 2010 fractured foot, out for 75 days (9 games). A year later cold/flu, out 5 days (1 game). Month later ruptured ankle ligaments, out 15 days ( 1 game). A year later 2012, thigh strain, out for 5 days (1 game).

He comes to us and gets a foot injury within 4 games is out for 36 days already missing 5 games. However, similar story when he made his way into the team at Hamburg then broke his foot.
If he makes his return v Spam ( as I believe he will) he would have been out for 8 games and 57 days.

Does Korea even need him??
12193506_10207072261537842_207973035856806208_n.jpg

would you miss serving in the Korean army?!

Yeah it's pretty ridiculous especially given how far Son has to travel. I actually wouldn't mind him 're-aggravating' his injury and then recovering just as the int'l break ends.

He must be used to the travel by now. You never know, he may be looking forward to it. Lots of teammates that can talk the language etc. I'm still not sure if he can speak English? Is he comfortable with it or is he more like Ramos?

I get that "in contention" is Manager-Speak for 'probably won't play at the weekend, but may still be asked to wear a tracksuit and get off the team coach wearing massive headphones as IF he might play...'
But this can only be good for the near future if he is nearing full fitness...
If not this weekend, then surely after the International break... after all.... wouldn't wanna disrupt a winning combination at any rate!

Back
Top Bottom