Have we signed Memphis Depay yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should've paid the money tbh, Depay is clearly a talent and a class above at least Lennon and probably Townsend too.
The deal is gone though, get ready for Welbeck :llorisserious:

Would happily take Depay but think squad is pretty good now we've signed fazio, but Welbeck that's a different story I'd do anything, anything to make sure he
Doesn't come.
Me and group of close friends, 2 spurs, 2 dippers and 3 Man U. Previous 2 seasons they literally piss themselves at how shit Welbeck and Cleverley are, not heard them say one good thing about him, they've even been goading me on a daily basis since the rumour came out that we may sign him.
Says it all to me

:paulinhofacepalm:

I'd rather have Friedel play up front than Welbeck. He is 100% useless. If Spurs go for him I'll agree with anyone who says that any of Levy, Baldini or Poch has to go.

But this thread is about Depay. About him I'd say: Anyone doing what he does in the dutch league at the moment will become world class. Seems like the kind of player we should get before the rest of the world catches on. Too late now.

I'd rather have Friedel play up front than Welbeck. He is 100% useless. If Spurs go for him I'll agree with anyone who says that any of Levy, Baldini or Poch has to go.

But this thread is about Depay. About him I'd say: Anyone doing what he does in the dutch league at the moment will become world class. Seems like the kind of player we should get before the rest of the world catches on. Too late now.
I know, I rate Depay very highly and he would go straight into our first team, especially with the poor Lennon and misfiring Townsend our only back up to Chadli and Lamela. I can only hope that Levy either shells out on him this window cause I'm pretty sure the right money would lure him away from that contract or we go all out to get him in January, cause if we don't he will go to one of the Manx next year and he is going to demolish us:avbpray::levywtf:

To answer the thread's question: YES! We signed him over a month ago in a trade with Nacer Chadli and some cash. It was him who scored two goals vs. QPR. Didn't anyone read the reports?

:wall:

Would happily take Depay but think squad is pretty good now we've signed fazio, but Welbeck that's a different story I'd do anything, anything to make sure he
Doesn't come.
Me and group of close friends, 2 spurs, 2 dippers and 3 Man U. Previous 2 seasons they literally piss themselves at how shit Welbeck and Cleverley are, not heard them say one good thing about him, they've even been goading me on a daily basis since the rumour came out that we may sign him.
Says it all to me

:paulinhofacepalm:
You can rest assured Poch, Baldini and our scouts are better qualified to call the shots than you, your mates, or me.

I'm not a fan of him, but if they think he can add something to the squad, we should give him a chance.

So before Welbeck kicks a ball, you want the chairman, director of football or manager to be sacked? Because of a potential loan deal for an International player?

Also, the Dutch League is no way to judge a player becoming world class. Sure, many have come from the Eredivisie, but many have been excellent in that league and been shit elsewhere. Fucking Kuyt hit 50 odd goals and he is pony.

The rest of the world has caught on. Depay was one of the young stars of the recent World Cup in Brazil.

You can rest assured Poch, Baldini and our scouts are better qualified to call the shots than you, your mates, or me.

I'm not a fan of him, but if they think he can add something to the squad, we should give him a chance.

So before Welbeck kicks a ball, you want the chairman, director of football or manager to be sacked? Because of a potential loan deal for an International player?

Also, the Dutch League is no way to judge a player becoming world class. Sure, many have come from the Eredivisie, but many have been excellent in that league and been shit elsewhere. Fucking Kuyt hit 50 odd goals and he is pony.

The rest of the world has caught on. Depay was one of the young stars of the recent World Cup in Brazil.

Just like Frazer Campbell and Louis Saha ay? the manager at the time wanted them and they really made a difference.

Kuyt is a bad example. How about Alves, van wolfswinkel, kezman, luuk de jong, Dost, that american dude from sunderland.. They all scored 15-30 goals in eredivisie. Fuck Alves even scored like 38 goals..

Kuyt is a bad example. How about Alves, van wolfswinkel, kezman, luuk de jong, Dost, that american dude from sunderland.. They all scored 15-30 goals in eredivisie. Fuck Alves even scored like 38 goals..

Agreed - Dutch league is a bad one to rely on goals scored when making a signing. Need to have scored lots in a top league like Spain to be a safe bet for the prem....
:soldadolol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom