Have we signed Memphis Depay yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although some are reporting we have had a bid accepted.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/footbal...report-psv-accept-spurs-depay-bid_169879.html

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014...hadli-deal-for-manchester-united-target-rep/?

Others are suggesting that so far all the rumours are BS

http://totaldutchfootball.com/2014/08/06/tottenham-deal-for-depay-rubbished-by-dutch-journalist/?

Ether way I really want this kid, sometimes comparisons are thrown around to easily but this kid could truely be the new CR7..

I would love him. He's a player who could easily double in price come next year, plus we steal him from ManU who will be after him with Van Gaal.

I've tried to ignore this rumor, as, just yesterday it seemed pretty unlikely to me. But there is an awful lot of smoke here. I can't help getting tingly thinking about Coco, Eriksen and Depay on the pitch together. Boner.

I've tried to ignore this rumor, as, just yesterday it seemed pretty unlikely to me. But there is an awful lot of smoke here. I can't help getting tingly thinking about Coco, Eriksen and Depay on the pitch together. Boner.
Boner:
That would big a god dammed big blue vein diamond cutter!

This has Griezmann/Lovren/Damiao written all over it.

Incidentally, Damiao is sucking pretty big ass in Brazil's Serie A for the last couple of seasons - he's pretty much as average as I predicted he was when we were first linked with him. Lazy journo's never could get their head around how his goalscoring record was essentially made up of goals against lower level teams in the Gaucho and Paulista tournaments.

Generally speaking, the Brazil production line hasn't been as hot this last few years. There's a couple of potentially good players coming through this season but no-one that looks like a real superstar that I can see.

Incidentally, Damiao is sucking pretty big ass in Brazil's Serie A for the last couple of seasons - he's pretty much as average as I predicted he was when we were first linked with him. Lazy journo's never could get their head around how his goalscoring record was essentially made up of goals against lower level teams in the Gaucho and Paulista tournaments.

Generally speaking, the Brazil production line hasn't been as hot this last few years. There's a couple of potentially good players coming through this season but no-one that looks like a real superstar that I can see.

Could it just be that he's totally lost motivation after missing out on a big move to Europe and just stopped developing?

Could it just be that he's totally lost motivation after missing out on a big move to Europe and just stopped developing?

I guess it's possible, but for me he was always just a decent player who happened to find a bit of form. Bear in mind he chose to move to Santos and has been roundly criticised for his lack of pace and technique since he's been there.

The guy is a flat track bully, his record is superb against inferior opposition but really very poor against better opposition. I said it at the time, but he was always a £10-15m player at best (and that looks generous now). Considering I picked out players like Oscar, Coutinho, Willian, Sandro, Neymar (although he was a superstar before he played a match) etc in their debut 1/2 seasons I'm pretty confident in the information I get about the Brazillian leagues. The few 'misses' I had included Ganso and Toloi (although he's rebuiding his reputation and Ganso has been devestated by injuries). I don't watch the league week-in, week-out but I speak to guys who do, and they're pretty good judges of who is hype and who isn't.

One player to watch at the moment is Caio from Sao Paolo. Plays midfield or defence but looks like he could develop into a cultured CB role like Tiago Silva (who started as a left winger). Also, Chelsea have a real player in Piazon who they signed virually before he'd played a senior match - he could be an important player for Frankfurt this season and transition to the Prem next season. The reason I mention him as a Chelsea player is because his contract is up in a couple of seasons.

Last edited:
350x700px-LL-5ecd8314_tatoo.jpeg

Depay Depay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom