Have we signed David Raya yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
This annoys me because he is a completely different profile of keeper. Just shows how scatterbrained the scouting is.

He’s good but in the traditional sense.

They are very different.

Still think it's more likely designed to pressure Brentford into lowering the price but also with Mendy off to Saudi, that feels like disaster is around the corner.

Newcastle buy Tonalu, then Milan don't need money so Maignan is off the table.

Inter are a pain in the arse to deal with so Chelsea go straight to Raya and just pay.

He’s moving his place of work from TW5 to EN2. I’ve been to both places and I’m sure he can cope with the accent change 😂 .

Kind of defeats the whole “prem proven” argument.
Still stressful. I’m sure he wants to get on with things and focus on next season.

Prem proven is stylistically/ability rather than simply settling

You're right but as I said there's no football for 4 weeks.

What's the difference in getting him now and a week to go before pre season?
Just means he’s unsettled. Spends pre season deciding where to live etc. not worth £10M but absolutely impacts him

lol shelling out £10m to protect someone's feelings...never run a business 😆
I clearly said not worth 10M Stevie Wonder. I would argue that day 1 of pre season vs 31st Aug is worth 10M (eg pay 10M to secure a keeper early) and as we know your leader would absolutely say the opposite despite 23 years of repeated mistakes

I clearly said not worth 10M Stevie Wonder. I would argue that day 1 of pre season vs 31st Aug is worth 10M (eg pay 10M to secure a keeper early) and as we know your leader would absolutely say the opposite despite 23 years of repeated mistakes

Fair, feel free to pay for his mental health out of your own pocket if you're so worried about him in that case, maybe you could provide your own services as a shoulder to cry on as he waits for the phone call from his agent.

Also why are you bringing up the 31st August, I said the period between now and 4 weeks when pre season starts. :confused:

When was the majority of our transfer business done last Summer?

Fair, feel free to pay for his mental health out of your own pocket if you're so worried about him in that case, maybe you could provide your own services as a shoulder to cry on as he waits for the phone call from his agent.

Also why are you bringing up the 31st August, I said the period between now and 4 weeks when pre season starts. :confused:

When was the majority of our transfer business done last Summer?
Not sure but it was a disaster on reflection

:rolleyes: To answer my question, 4 players were signed on the 1st July, one more signed a week later and one signed during pre season.

Doesn't sound like a repeated mistake to me...

Someone here crunched the numbers a summer or two again.... Apparently, under 20% of our trf business had been done in the last week of the trf window over the last decade or more.

🤡 gonna 🤡 tho.

They are very different.

Still think it's more likely designed to pressure Brentford into lowering the price but also with Mendy off to Saudi, that feels like disaster is around the corner.

Newcastle buy Tonalu, then Milan don't need money so Maignan is off the table.

Inter are a pain in the arse to deal with so Chelsea go straight to Raya and just pay.
I think part of the reason why Levy encounters teams that won't cut a decent deal with him is the fact that we put off these acquisitions until the team is in a difficult place.

If we had bought the GK of the future a year or two ago when Lloris still had some tread left on him, we'd have more leverage.

Levy's always waiting until the need is dire (and beyond that point) to do business and thus he's negotiating from a position of weakness, with a team that knows he needs the player badly and can make him pay for it.

David Raya isn’t the only GK available this window and he’s probably not even the best.
He’s a dependable, Prem proven keeper, supposedly good with his feet, who many posters will feel comfortable with and so the anxiety and push to get him in.

However, there are a number of alternatives and Brentford don’t have the leverage (having already signed a replacement). If Mamardashvili is available at 10m cheaper then I think it’s a no-brainer. I’ve not watched the Empoli keeper, Vicario, but Fab seems to think he had a great season in Serie A although the goals conceded is quite high — I know they don’t tell the full story.

This annoys me because he is a completely different profile of keeper. Just shows how scatterbrained the scouting is.

He’s good but in the traditional sense.
Anyone have an opinion on Sanchez with Brighton? Obviously it is not good that he lost his job mid-season but at one point he appeared to be a competent keeper.

David Raya isn’t the only GK available this window and he’s probably not even the best.
He’s a dependable, Prem proven keeper, supposedly good with his feet, who many posters will feel comfortable with and so the anxiety and push to get him in.

However, there are a number of alternatives and Brentford don’t have the leverage (having already signed a replacement). If Mamardashvili is available at 10m cheaper then I think it’s a no-brainer. I’ve not watched the Empoli keeper, Vicario, but Fab seems to think he had a great season in Serie A although the goals conceded is quite high — I know they don’t tell the full story.
49 for a 14th place team isn’t terrible. For context West Ham who finished also 14th conceded 55.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom