Have we signed David Raya yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only gk alternative that is acceptable in my opinion that's realistic
Watch a decent amount of La Liga.

He’s a really talented keeper. Big bastard that has rapid reactions and can save low shots as well as high and wide.

Punches the shit out of crosses and is a deterrent with his size.

Still a major work in progress, especially distribution and passing. Definitely not ready to be useful in the buildup this season. At least not under pressure.

He could get there and if he does we have a world class GK, up there with the best in Europe. Loooong way to go though.

Based on inflation, the fact he’s HG, good age and PL proven, and we are desperado, it makes me think it’s a good price

We're not desperate though, we don't have to sign him because he's HG, we are looking at him because he ticks two boxes which are replacing Lloris and fulfilling the HG quota, we could sign another keeper and still fix the HG issue in other areas.

That was always Brentford's start off negotiation price, ours was a reported £20m so it should be done for around £30m.

I don't know why people are in a rush for, there's no football for 4 weeks - it will still get done, people are just too impatient.

One definition of a journalist is ...a person who gathers information, comments on it and displays it to the public.

I am therefore a journalist !!
One definition of derailing a thread is to go off topic, spout absolute shit, and display it in public.

You are therefore a cunt !!

Watch a decent amount of La Liga.

He’s a really talented keeper. Big bastard that has rapid reactions and can save low shots as well as high and wide.

Punches the shit out of crosses and is a deterrent with his size.

Still a major work in progress, especially distribution and passing. Definitely not ready to be useful in the buildup this season. At least not under pressure.

He could get there and if he does we have a world class GK, up there with the best in Europe. Loooong way to go though.

I have seen Robert Sanchez suggested, I've seen abit of Valencia this season (unfortunately) & he is miles ahead of him goalkeeping wise

I have seen Robert Sanchez suggested, I've seen abit of Valencia this season (unfortunately) & he is miles ahead of him goalkeeping wise
Sanchez wouldn’t be a good option imo.

We don’t have the Lloris safety net for fucking about with Gollini gambles anymore.

He’s gone this summer.

Whoever they go for needs to be the next Lloris.

Personally, if they did the entire budget on a GK and a CB I’d be fine with it

If a suitable alternative can be found, by all means go for it, but GK is a tricky position and I think the club has made the decision that this is the Lloris succession plan they can live with.

I also think giving him the armband is a key piece of the Kane plan.

We're pot committed here and Brentford knows it.
It's not like I miss him. But Paratici's tactics of negotiating with 10 players for one position at the time isn't so bad. We could have use for som more "Spurs are shooting lovedarts" at a few keepers, rumours right about now. It would probably lower Brentford's confidence.

It's not like I miss him. But Paratici's tactics of negotiating with 10 players for one position at the time isn't so bad. We could have use for som more "Spurs are shooting lovedarts" at a few keepers, rumours right about now. It would probably lower Brentford's confidence.

Could shake out other teams as well.

Newcastle getting excited about Tonali, for all we know, Milan would prefer to sell Maignan than Tonali this summer and 40m might tease them into accepting and also fuck the barcodes over.

Not saying that specific example would happen but some shit like that.

Based on inflation, the fact he’s HG, good age and PL proven, and we are desperado, it makes me think it’s a good price
That's the key for me, he's as near to a top level plug-and-play option as we're likely to attract.

Mamardashvili might take time to adapt to life in London and English football, with Raya that particular risk is completely eliminated.

Pay the man, Dan

:levyeyes:

We're not desperate though, we don't have to sign him because he's HG, we are looking at him because he ticks two boxes which are replacing Lloris and fulfilling the HG quota, we could sign another keeper and still fix the HG issue in other areas.

That was always Brentford's start off negotiation price, ours was a reported £20m so it should be done for around £30m.

I don't know why people are in a rush for, there's no football for 4 weeks - it will still get done, people are just too impatient.
It’s helpful to get the player in and settled well before football starts. We never learn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom