Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd honestly start Winks in the upcoming Premier League games alongside Wanyama with Son/Eriksen/Alli roaming in front of him. Would cause all sorts of problems.

Sometimes bugs me with how far out he shoots, as it's far more likely you're going to score by keeping the attack going (Although twice he came close, so fair play). Other than that slight annoyance he's got incredible potential. Moves the ball quickly, only needs 1-2 touches, moves quickly across the ground, doesn't mind pressing and harrying, rarely loses the ball.

Very impressive player.

Excellent prospect, still a bit behind Dembele, but Winksy will develop under Poch. In fact he couldn't be anywhere better to come through.

And he's a far better option than Bentaleb

With apologies to MrsPerryman I think he's an even better prospect than Stevie P was at that age. I really do. I think he's got more in his locker, certainly on the creativity side. I really feel we could build the MF around him over the coming years.

I don't go into black dog if the Moose gets injured now - we can cope, never could before.

Hell of a shot on his weaker left peg today. Was in North West corner, so couldn't tell how close it went.

Sometimes bugs me with how far out he shoots, as it's far more likely you're going to score by keeping the atta tck going (Although twice he came close, so fa

ir thetplay). Other than that slight annoyance he's got incredible potential. Moves the ball quickly, only needs 1-2 touches, moves quickly across the ground, doesn't mind pressing and harrying, rarely loses the ball.

Very impressive player.
You never get anywhere unless you have a go. Winks impressed me because he is always trying to improvise and he is not fazed at all for a little fella up against some big piles of dung. Loved it when he had that shot near the end that whistled past the upright cool stuff.

Last edited:
Sometimes bugs me with how far out he shoots, as it's far more likely you're going to score by keeping the attack going (Although twice he came close, so fair play). Other than that slight annoyance he's got incredible potential. Moves the ball quickly, only needs 1-2 touches, moves quickly across the ground, doesn't mind pressing and harrying, rarely loses the ball.

Very impressive player.

I blame Eriksen for setting a bad example. :eriksenlol:

Winks is a great player with a great mentality and will carry on improving but Dembele is a couple of levels above him and will rightly remain first choice for this season and the next at least.

Winks is a great player with a great mentality and will carry on improving but Dembele is a couple of levels above him and will rightly remain first choice for this season and the next at least.
Yes, but Dembele is injury prone. If we want to compete seriously, isn't it great that Winks can come in, and look so good? I love his curved passes, he's a seriously good player.

Yes, but Dembele is injury prone. If we want to compete seriously, isn't it great that Winks can come in, and look so good? I love his curved passes, he's a seriously good player.

That's the key thing, agree 100%. Previously with Dembele out we'd have an average ppg of about 1 - and you just cannot compete seriously in the league because you know Moose will get injuries. Now we can manage his game time, so that even when he starts he can come off if the game is won on 60. It spoke volumes to me that Winks came on about for Moose on 60 mins (?) to manage the 2-0 v Chavs - incredible really.

The future's bright, let's be positive. We'll be playing 60 games a season for ever now and it'll be CL thankyou too, Moose can manage about 30 starts, just do the math.

such strength from a small lad. Lets hope he continues with the three shredded wheat routine... Great composure, not scared of anything (a tackle, the stage, the opposition). Feel reassured when I see him coming on and in the line-up. That speaks volumes TBH... Amazing player to sure up the last 25mins...

Really impressed with Winks yesterday, composed and bright on the ball with a great range of passing. Not afraid to get involved with tackles and a good work rate. Well done Harry......perhaps there's something in the name?

Just a very, very clever footballer. Positioning is spot on, he's always open to receive the ball and rarely, if ever, loses it when he's got it.

Triffic player. Triffic name.

3w6BZl7.gif

Back
Top Bottom