Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That about sums up Paulinho and adebayors commitment to the team without words. What a pair of cunts. You would be forgiven for thinking they'd rehearsed this in training with downing. it is supposed to be a wall yet those two were a fucking door in it.
It still riles me now. Totally unacceptable work for a highly paid professional
That is just shocking..well not really from those two i suppose but.. I love Siggy's reaction he is immediately like what the fuck!?

As for Winks I just listened to the podcast and I think Flav has it spot on with Winks. We won't really know what we have until he is asked to play a more influential role in the team. Mason and Bentaleb spring to mind as recent examples of players who looked very good when asked to just do the simple things and keep things tidy. However, when it was needed for their role to be expanded both of them weren't up to it. (at least the standard we have grown to desire) So until that happens this is sort of the honeymoon stage with Winksy but alas I am enjoying it.

Steven Clemence. Both are bloody awful.
I can only assume that you are blind, mentally challenged or have never played or watched football. I would also take a punt that you are a trainspotter who lives at home with his mother where you both look after 14 cats (each.)

Actually. I'd guess that you are all of them.

I still prefer Tiddly........... only concern is that both he and Dele have been hugely influenced by Gerrad. Thank goodness he seems to have snubbed both of them, otherwise they may have signed for Liverpool! ;)

Winks looks like a real player, before he calls/is ready to receive the ball he looks round to see who is near and where they are, unlike Carroll, Son, Eriksen, Ohomah he does challenge for the ball in the air,
you can see "Scott Parker" in the way he plays

I still prefer Tiddly........... only concern is that both he and Dele have been hugely influenced by Gerrad. Thank goodness he seems to have snubbed both of them, otherwise they may have signed for Liverpool! ;)

I remember when just about every player's career was hugely influenced by Hoddle......they all signed for our rivals

The commentator today saying that he's older than Dele properly screwed with my head.

It was like when I found out that I'm two months older than Lloris. In my mind he was old enough to be my dad!

Ahhh the moment where you realise that even if you were somehow to all of a sudden acquire the footballing ability of Zidane......it's too late for you to become a pro-footballer now

Harry Winks
“Since I have been in the first-team squad after the manager came here, he has made a point of not sending me out on loan,” Winks said after the FA Cup victory over Aston Villa. “He wants me here to train, he said he wants me to train and stay and play here. The fact that he wants me to do that is obviously a good sign for me and that the likes me.”

So goes the Mauricio Pochettino plan, the refusal to loan out young players he believes are good enough to break into the first team. One start in a Tottenham shirt is worth four or five at a Football League club playing a different system with different teammates, or so the theory goes. Be patient and your time will come.

The flip side to young players getting less competitive football by remaining at their parent club is that they are desperate to impress when chances come their way, and Harry Winks is a perfect example of that. Turning 21 next month, Winks has played just 22 senior games but feels cherished by Pochettino and slots easily into a midfield role after training with the first-team squad every day.

We may have seen only brief glimpses of him, 40 Winks if you will, but glimpses are enough to convince that he could be the latest young Tottenham player to shine. Against Villa he was the best player on the pitch, confident enough to demand the ball and mature enough to pick the right option with his pass.

Back
Top Bottom