Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fast becoming a Fan favourite... needs a song of his own, mind...
Unless he doesn't mind sharing with Harry Kane!

TWO Harry Hotspur's, there's only TWO Harry Hotspur's...Two Harry Hot-Spur's...

Fast becoming a Fan favourite... needs a song of his own, mind...
Unless he doesn't mind sharing with Harry Kane!

TWO Harry Hotspur's, there's only TWO Harry Hotspur's...Two Harry Hot-Spur's...

Harry Hotspur has become a negative name, not due to the original one, but the negative tosser with the podcast.

Harry Hotspur has become a negative name, not due to the original one, but the negative tosser with the podcast.
Sometimes I have read his blogs: what's wrong with that guy? Anything that happens around Spurs is bad news.... he constantly sounds more unhappy than a spam fan....

I think Winks was fantastic for us against Villa.
Displayed a nice range of passing- direct, one-touch, long-range.
It's great to see him getting regular game time and doing so well with it.
He's becoming a real orchestrator out there on the pitch.

Harry Winks: ‘The buzz I get from playing for Tottenham … I don’t think it will ever go’

'Harry Winks struggles to find the words but the sense of what he is trying to get across is etched into his features. There is boyish wonder, excitement and pride but above all, there is happiness and it feels like the antidote to the cynicism in the modern game.

“The music that they play at White Hart Lane before you walk out is just ....” the 20-year-old Tottenham Hotspur midfielder says, before he tails off. “I absolutely love it. I think it’s from Star Wars. Me and my dad, when we used to stand in the crowd as fans – we used to get hairs sticking up on our necks listening to it. Being in the tunnel now, about to walk out to it, it’s still the same feeling. I can’t really describe it. It’s amazing. It really is.”

God I love him so much. Hope he never loses the joy of playing for his boyhood club, and carries on improving so he can stay here for life!

Edit: this bit...

“The manager called me in,” Winks says. "I was just about to get into the shower and I had my towel on. He was there with all the coaches and they were having a glass of wine. He said: ‘Well done,’ and he gave me a cuddle. He understood how difficult the season before had been for me, travelling and not playing, and he said that. I just said: ‘Thank you very much for the opportunity, for progressing me to the first-team.’ That goal was like a thank-you. It’s why I ran to him after it.”

That genuinely reads like Spurs fan-fiction.
:eriksenlol:

His maturity on the ball is on another level to recent academy graduates that have played in central midfield. The way he slotted in away at City, considering the circumstances and the absolute battering our depleted backline was taking, was so impressive. He was so calm and assured on the ball, just kept passing us out of trouble. I hope we'll see him involved a lot more this season and in the future

Back
Top Bottom