Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The game is played on grass, but the stats are simply a record of what happened on the grass. And from what I see on the grass, Harry is just as good as Bale was.

I get that Bale is a sacred cow for many here, but he was not the fucking Messiah. We've had players significantly better than him play for Spurs in the past. We will in the future too. We seem to have at least two right now who are at the same level he was, and essentially is.
This is utter madness Sushi.

And statistics are not a record of what happens on the pitch. If you are to use statistics in that way, then someone like Xavi, who is undoubtedly one of the greatest of all time would be nowhere near because he doesn't register a hella amount of goals and assists.

Kane isn't on Bale's level. I really can't see how you're arguing that. Especially based on 6 months of performances.

This is utter madness Sushi.

And statistics are not a record of what happens on the pitch. If you are to use statistics in that way, then someone like Xavi, who is undoubtedly one of the greatest of all time would be nowhere near because he doesn't register a hella amount of goals and assists.

Kane isn't on Bale's level. I really can't see how you're arguing that. Especially based on 6 months of performances.
It's not all about goals and assists, if you bothered reading what I wrote, I mentioned a whole lot more than goals and assists.

Bale's performance for us in that year was only the last 6 months really, Kane's first 6 this year have been equivalent.

Let the nostalgia go, and look at what happened then and now. We all have a lot of emotion tied up in that season. But Bale's performances were not actually better than what Kane is doing right now. Eriksen as well, for that matter, but that's a separate thread.

It's not all about goals and assists, if you bothered reading what I wrote, I mentioned a whole lot more than goals and assists.

Bale's performance for us in that year was only the last 6 months really, Kane's first 6 this year have been equivalent.

Let the nostalgia go, and look at what happened then and now. We all have a lot of emotion tied up in that season. But Bale's performances were not actually better than what Kane is doing right now. Eriksen as well, for that matter, but that's a separate thread.
Nostalgia?! It has nothing to do with nostalgia.

Bale only performed to a world class standard in his last 6 months?!

You trollin' :troll:

All players are comparable. Harry's current numbers are very close to Bale's numbers in his best year at Spurs. How is that embarrassing?

Its embarrassing because numbers dont tell the story, actual events do.

When Kane goes to the San Siro and destroys world class defenders, and scores volleys like that one at Stoke, or goals like West Ham away, or Norwich away on a regular basis for two seasons, lets start talking about it.

When Kane goes to the San Siro and destroys world class defenders, and scores volleys like that one at Stoke, or goals like West Ham away, or Norwich away on a regular basis for two seasons, lets start talking about it.

Probably best to put away the Bale Kane debate as it's too early in Kane's career unless we are looking at Bale earlier in his career such as under Redknapp, I will say that Kane's performance against Chelsea was the best performance of a striker this season in the Prem, let's see if he can do it some more.

Or when he completely rips Chelsea to shreds? Or when he steals games against Aston Villa?

Was Jimmy Greaves worse than Bale because he didn't score all of them from 25 yards?

Or when he completely rips Chelsea to shreds? Or when he steals games against Aston Villa?

Was Jimmy Greaves worse than Bale because he didn't score all of them from 25 yards?

Unlike you, I dont believe all players can be compared....there are millions of factors as to why.

Like who is better, Pele or Lloris...pretty stupid really.

Comparing Greaves and Bale falls into the same category IMO. If you want to compare the Chelsea and Villa game to what Bale has done for us and Real Madrid, then go ahead, but I wont be in the debate.

Can we just celebrate Harry Kane without having to bring up the past. We are living in the now and in the now Harry Kane is a Spurs player, a pretty damn good one and he came from our ranks, is a Spurs fan, and I love him.

In terms of development you can, the next two years will be the test though.
if Kane develops anywhere near as much as Bale did then fair play, I can't see it though. I'm just gonna enjoy him for now scoring goals and putting 100% in every week & not hype him up as something he's not.

All players are comparable. Harry's current numbers are very close to Bale's numbers in his best year at Spurs. How is that embarrassing?
if you're basing this whole thing on stats then we're done here. read that bit in bold. that's where i stand.

Sorry - just to be clear - are you suggesting Kane is on par with world-class Bale during his last season with us?

Yes. And Eriksen is too, to be frank.

henry2hjjl.gif

Oh for fuck sake. Can't we just enjoy that our local boy is in sublime form and scoring goals for fun?

No one cares if he's better than that, this and who.

Bale was bought for the world record fee...
Zidane would not stop talking about him, and he now plays alongside Ronaldo.
Kane has some way to go before reaching Bale levels.

Back
Top Bottom