Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Luka was better than Gareth imo. Best player I've ever seen live. If Kane has half the impact they had we'll be set up top.

Luka was amazing during the Redknapp era he dominated games, like our very own Paul Scholes in a way, just set the tempo.

Bale became World Class (I define World Class as being good the majority of games and against top quality opposition) in the last 6 months at Spurs under AVB, prior to that he was great one game, average the next two. I remember certain times under Redknapp people getting frustated with Bale one minute then being amazed the next such as the Inter Milan performance.

Kane is not comparible to the Bale in his last season with us, however he is already more consistant that the Bale under Redknapp IMO. It's telling that Marca the Real Madrid mouth piece has already picked up on Kane.

I started watching Spurs when I was 5 years old or so at the end of the Gazza era, some of the older Spurs fans still think Gazza was the most talented Spurs player they have ever seen live.

Personally I think the ''form is temporary, class is permanent" thing is the most ridiculous thing Ive ever heard.

When a "class" player becomes shite, his class is supposedly permanent. Meaning he can can be shite for 5 years and it still just a blip in form. Do people think Ade is class then, but he just has temporary drops in form?

Of course class is not permanent, or form temporary. Ryan Giggs form was consistently brilliant for over 20years.

A non "class" player can be top drawer for 5 years, and still never be accepted.

It really is how most football fans go about judging players.

Couldn't agree more. People are honestly saying this "class is permanent" thing about Torres after scoring against real twice yesterday. Ridiculous

Regarding people saying kane still isn't good enough to be our main striker, it's only because we didn't spend £20m on him

The Kane hyperbolic circle-jerk is in full effect right now. It's going to be a competition for some people to show how much more they love Harry Kane and how he is the greatest player to ever grace the planet.

Bale did so much more than score goals

Come on, mate - he's nowhere near world class Bale
In what sense did Bale do more?

Bale in 2012-13, in Premier League games, was producing at the rate of:

0.6 goals/90, 5.1 shots/90, 0.1 assists/90, 2.3 key passes/90, 1.8 successful dribbles/90, 1.0 successful tackles/90 and 1.3 interceptions/90.

This year Kane, in Premier League games, is producing:

0.7 goals/90, 3.5 shots/90, 0.2 assists/90, 1.1 key passes/90, 2.1 successful dribbles/90, 1.5 successful tackles/90 and 0.8 interceptions/90.

So, Kane is a more efficient shooter (slightly better production, from over 2 less shots/90), makes less key passes, but dribbles and tackles more. And he is two years younger than Gareth Bale was in his final season at Spurs.

I fail to see how he is not comparable to Bale. Is he scoring highlight reel goals as often? No, but he is scoring as often (actually, more often). Is he winning us matches as much? Hard to say, Eriksen and Chadli have been stepping up as well. All that being said, Harry Kane is emphatically on the same level as Bale was in his best year for us. And Kane reached that level at a younger age, meaning he will arguably get better still.

Gareth Bale is not the best player Spurs have ever had, and we do have his equals among the current team as well.

0.6 goals/90, 5.1 shots/90, 0.1 assists/90, 2.3 key passes/90, 1.8 successful dribbles/90, 1.0 successful tackles/90 and 1.3 interceptions/90.

0.7 goals/90, 3.5 shots/90, 0.2 assists/90, 1.1 key passes/90, 2.1 successful dribbles/90, 1.5 successful tackles/90 and 0.8 interceptions/90.

So, Kane is a more efficient shooter (slightly better production, from over 2 less shots/90), makes less key passes, but dribbles and tackles more. And he is two years younger than Gareth Bale was in his final season at Spurs.

I fail to see how he is not comparable to Bale. Is he scoring highlight reel goals as often? No, but he is scoring as often (actually, more often). Is he winning us matches as much? Hard to say, Eriksen and Chadli have been stepping up as well. All that being said, Harry Kane is emphatically on the same level as Bale was in his best year for us. And Kane reached that level at a younger age, meaning he will arguably get better still.

Gareth Bale is not the best player Spurs have ever had, and we do have his equals among the current team as well.
Mate - Bale was not even playing a left forward at the time - how can you even compare him to a centre forward?

He's the best player I've seen in my lifetime, btw - and I'm one of Berbatov and Jurgen's biggest fans

Among all this debate about Kane and Bale, SchmoodSpur2013 SchmoodSpur2013 made a good point about how good Modric was. I do feel even with Bentaleb, Mason and Eriksen we don't have someone like Modric who can dictate the play as well, even a slightly inferior version like Cabaye would help us a lot.

The reason I say this is because when we play teams like Palace sometimes our midfield get domianted and only a Kane special got us ahead in that game, it wasn't like we really deserved it.

The Kane hyperbolic circle-jerk is in full effect right now. It's going to be a competition for some people to show how much more they love Harry Kane and how he is the greatest player to ever grace the planet.
The ironic thing is, that the people urging a little caution with Kane are going to be the same ones defending him when these people turn on him in a year or two.

Mate - Bale was not even playing a left forward at the time - how can you even compare him to a centre forward?

He's the best player I've seen in my lifetime, btw - and I'm one of Berbatov and Jurgen's biggest fans
AVB was playing him a free role allowing him to go where he wanted, and give him the ball as much as he wanted. He was a forward who went where he wanted.

This is the point I call bullshit on statistics. Bale was better than Kane, statistics supporting or not.

As I've said a lot on this board, the game is played on grass not paper.

This is the point I call bullshit on statistics. Bale was better than Kane, statistics supporting or not.

As I've said a lot on this board, the game is played on grass not paper.
The game is played on grass, but the stats are simply a record of what happened on the grass. And from what I see on the grass, Harry is just as good as Bale was.

I get that Bale is a sacred cow for many here, but he was not the fucking Messiah. We've had players significantly better than him play for Spurs in the past. We will in the future too. We seem to have at least two right now who are at the same level he was, and essentially is.

AVB was playing him a free role allowing him to go where he wanted, and give him the ball as much as he wanted. He was a forward who went where he wanted.
Sorry - just to be clear - are you suggesting Kane is on par with world-class Bale during his last season with us?

Back
Top Bottom