Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One of the things I love most about Harry Kane (and something that for some reason has rarely been pointed out) is that he looks like he could pass for one of Rodney's mates in Only Fools & Horses.

Hi Guys, long time lurker first time commenter

I love HK 18 and have been thinking of a chant for him,

(to the tune of purple rain)

Harry Kane Harry Kane

Harry Kane Harry Kane

Harry Kane Harry Kane

I only want to see you scoring goals Harry Kane

Do you think we could get this going down the lane? #stayawayfromhimmadrid

Hi Guys, long time lurker first time commenter

I love HK 18 and have been thinking of a chant for him,

(to the tune of purple rain)

Harry Kane Harry Kane

Harry Kane Harry Kane

Harry Kane Harry Kane

I only want to see you scoring goals Harry Kane

Do you think we could get this going down the lane? #stayawayfromhimmadrid
That would require some vocal range which would be hard to replicate in amongst a rowdy bunch of fans, Purple Rain is not an easy song to sing :D

...is it my 1970's self thinking, or does 2020 just sound a ridiculously futuristic year??
I thought we'd be playing Spaceball on the Moon by then!!! ...it's only fuckin' 5 years off... Nike better start designing those Space Kits for the first 2020 Moon Cup Kick-Off Launch! (White Tops, Navy helmets... never RED... no flappy collars, plain and simple please!)

Just read through the last few pages and ya know what... i think Juicy Sushi Juicy Sushi has got a point.

Hahahahaha nah only joking, fucking hell, Sushi your my boy and all that but, mate, what have you been smoking?
Until i see Harry Kane single handedly win us game after game, score every kind of goal imagineable, and then have the club receive offers of AT LEAST £40million then theres no comparison to make. The numbers may add up, but watching the two on the pitch there is a clear difference. With Bale it was "get the ball to gareth and hope he does some magic" With Kane its "Lets work hard, not concede and hope someone puts one away, if we create enough chances for harry he's bound to score at least one"

If we were to compare them both at 21, then id say Kane is the better player, but Bale has much more potential. If Bale worked as hard as Kane did when he was 21 then who knows, he might have burst on the scene a bit earlier.

You can't just use stats though. Darren Bent used to be one of the highest scoring players in the PL. On paper he'd be up there with Bale, but we all know he isn't.

Just read through the last few pages and ya know what... i think Juicy Sushi Juicy Sushi has got a point.

Hahahahaha nah only joking, fucking hell, Sushi your my boy and all that but, mate, what have you been smoking?
Until i see Harry Kane single handedly win us game after game, score every kind of goal imagineable, and then have the club receive offers of AT LEAST £40million then theres no comparison to make. The numbers may add up, but watching the two on the pitch there is a clear difference. With Bale it was "get the ball to gareth and hope he does some magic" With Kane its "Lets work hard, not concede and hope someone puts one away, if we create enough chances for harry he's bound to score at least one"

If we were to compare them both at 21, then id say Kane is the better player, but Bale has much more potential. If Bale worked as hard as Kane did when he was 21 then who knows, he might have burst on the scene a bit earlier.

You can't just use stats though. Darren Bent used to be one of the highest scoring players in the PL. On paper he'd be up there with Bale, but we all know he isn't.
Arguably, we failed to reach 4th because of the "get the ball to Bale" mentality that had the rest of the team refusing to take ownership.

But that's not the point. My point was that I think he has the potential to be better for us than Bale was, and that his current season is essentially the same as Bale's final season for us in terms of production.

I think we worship at the feet of recent legends a bit too much around here.

Arguably, we failed to reach 4th because of the "get the ball to Bale" mentality that had the rest of the team refusing to take ownership.

But that's not the point. My point was that I think he has the potential to be better for us than Bale was, and that his current season is essentially the same as Bale's final season for us in terms of production.

I think we worship at the feet of recent legends a bit too much around here.
I think you're missing just how good Bale is.

Definitely saw him singing along to "Spuuuurs are on their way to Wembley" but only for a second before the stupid cameraman decided to show us the stats for the game for the 50th time instead of glorious Harry singing, being like :kaneear:
I try not to get attached to players anymore but it's impossible not to love Kane he clearly has deep affection for the club. After Eriksen's late goal he actually broke away from celebrating with his teammates to celebrate with the fans. He also seemed to do a little dance number which was epic ha

Tottenhams-Harry-Kane-cel-014.jpg
Harry%20Kane.jpg
Harry-Kane-Tottenham.jpg

Every kit has it's player..... To me this will always be Harry's

Tottenhams-Harry-Kane-cel-014.jpg
Harry%20Kane.jpg
Harry-Kane-Tottenham.jpg

Every kit has it's player..... To me this will always be Harry's
Great point. Never thought of that before, but it's very true. & it's fitting that one of our own should "own" the kit that was supposedly designed as a nod to Billy Nick. I'm sure the great man would have been very excited watching an academy lad come through the ranks, playing with such swagger & skill.

Back
Top Bottom