Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes, but I still think that Eriksen needs to continue taking free kicks whenever possible.
I agree but Kane offers a different style of free kick... If you had both standing over the ball the keeper wouldn't know what to expect, Kane with the power and dip (slightly Bale-like) or Eriksen with the curling effort into the corners. Would put keepers on edge

I honestly never rated him until last year. He always looked a bit slow, a bit clumsy, not that great at dribbling, no balance and ended up falling over easily.

No idea what on earth happened to him, but he's developed massively, technically and physically. He went from youth prospect to the 3rd best player in our squad.

Also like his performances in interviews when he gets asked those loaded questions. (I remember stuff in the press quoting Danny Rose saying he'd leave if he didn't get games and then a bit later that he wanted to stay at Sunderland)
Harry continues to impress and it's important for him, the team and the youth system that he does so.
All the young lads must be following him, seeing good things and if any of them are worth their salt, they will be looking to emulate that attitude.

I hope Harry is the spearhead of an influx of young players that all look to follow in his example.... working hard, being patient, being proud to play when given a chance (even if out of position)

Yes, but I still think that Eriksen needs to continue taking free kicks whenever possible.

Probably more to do with range, Eriksen will most likely continue to shoot close range kicks due to accuracy, Kane to take longer kicks for power and swerve.

It isn't so much that he's great it's more about his competition. It is his wet dream, and I'm both happy and worried that he's our best striker atm. need to bring in some new striker in january to add to his 100 goals.

Last edited:
Does he really need yet another song?
I've heard that one sang for chiriches before:
He's from Romania
He's the impaler
Chiriches chiriches chiriches

Or it could work for bentaleb
He's from Algeria
His name is Nabil
Bentaleb Bentaleb Bentaleb

Does he really need yet another song?
I've heard that one sang for chiriches before:
He's from Romania
He's the impaler
Chiriches chiriches chiriches

Or it could work for bentaleb
He's from Algeria
His name is Nabil
Bentaleb Bentaleb Bentaleb

Football songs make me cry. They're literally shit poems by people who can't count syllables.

Football songs make me cry. They're literally shit poems by people who can't count syllables.

Why so serious?
Funny-Camel-39.jpg

Another assist today.
Was absolutely brilliant to watch him live. He has great touch' movement and surprisingly has it in his locker to take men on and beat them.

Love this guy!

Jumping the gun a bit here, but Kane, Eriksen and possibly Lamela are all better at their age than Bale was.

Bale scored a hat trick against the European Champions and won PFA player of the year at age 21. Nothing wrong with optimism but comparing anyone to Bale is fruitless. Once in a lifetime player.

What separates a guy like Kane from the Darren Bents, Jermain Pennants, Wright-Phillips etc is that he doesn't rely on any outstanding physical attribute that once diminished or sussed out will render him ineffective. He is intelligent and has great technical ability which suggests that his development ceiling has the potential to be quite high as he will only get better when he adds more strength, experience etc.

Back
Top Bottom