Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He seems to have a positive effect in every game he plays in. Scoring loads of goals and also delivering good balls for opportunities. No reason for him not to start Sunday. Ade hasn't done shit this year.

He seems to have a positive effect in every game he plays in. Scoring loads of goals and also delivering good balls for opportunities. No reason for him not to start Sunday. Ade hasn't done shit this year.
Great point - he seems to give the team a lift with his goals,enthusiasm and willingness.

Do you think Kane could mix it with the bully type of centrebacks that Stoke use? I can't decide if Adebayor would be better or Kane, to deal physically with how Stoke defend.

Please people stop suggesting Kane and Adebayor together. Kane is the only striker at Tottenham worth a start. I imagine Poch has a plan with Kane maybe he is trying not to rely on him, being so young as our main striker, so it doesnt ruin him if he has a bad run of form? Similar to Townsend last year after the England hype.

Do you think Kane could mix it with the bully type of centrebacks that Stoke use? I can't decide if Adebayor would be better or Kane, to deal physically with how Stoke defend.

I don't think he will have an issue to much, he's reasonably strong but even if he gets kicked down he seems like the type of guy who'll just get up and carry on old fashioned type striker.

Calamity Kaboul and Adebayor will be straight back in the team for Sunday I'm afraid. Poch seems to be highly concerned with ensuring all our squad play a similar amount of minutes, most likely to stop burn out but this also keeps everyone happy. Unfortunately this has the effect of some pretty disjointed performances.

Harry to save the day with a last 15 minute salvo again.

Calamity Kaboul and Adebayor will be straight back in the team for Sunday I'm afraid. Poch seems to be highly concerned with ensuring all our squad play a similar amount of minutes, most likely to stop burn out but this also keeps everyone happy. Unfortunately this has the effect of some pretty disjointed performances.

Harry to save the day with a last 15 minute salvo again.
I think that IF Ade starts again, Kane will get more than 15mins. Doesn't matter if we are winning 4-0 (wishful thinking) I think Kane will get a longer run out. Maybe 30mins or so. Would like to see him start tbh

I think that IF Ade starts again, Kane will get more than 15mins. Doesn't matter if we are winning 4-0 (wishful thinking) I think Kane will get a longer run out. Maybe 30mins or so. Would like to see him start tbh
It's Stoke..at home. If Poch wants to ease him in then this is the perfect time. Btw..it's rumored that Ade might not be fit to play, so even more reason to start him.

I don't think Poch is considering easing him in, after all he threw Dier straight in against West Ham and Mason made his Prem debut against Woolwich....there isn't much easing going on. I suppose Poch is just trying to give everyone some playing time, but as Kane is showing that he is the in form striker right now, Poch is going to need to start to capitalise by relying on him in the league.

Kane should definitely start, agreed.

I feel like Poch is playing people in equal measure because unlike Sherwood he wants to find those who want to play for us by letting them show it on the pitch, rather than just going by who he likes personally.

I don't think Poch is considering easing him in, after all he threw Dier straight in against West Ham and Mason made his Prem debut against Woolwich....there isn't much easing going on. I suppose Poch is just trying to give everyone some playing time, but as Kane is showing that he is the in form striker right now, Poch is going to need to start to capitalise by relying on him in the league.

Naughton got a red card. It was a force changed, he had no choice but to put Dier on. Naughton then got injured and had no choice but to keep playing Dier. Hard to really dissect the derby game too, it's an anomaly.

I think he's doing a fair bit of easing in. All our new signings have only played in Cups, I don't think this is down to Poch thinking they're shit. He obviously thinks they need time to get match fit, use to their surroundings, not feel any pressure etc.

The last thing you want to happen to Kane is for him to feel pressure, go up against a top defense and not score, lose his confidence etc. Look how that turned out with Soldado...

For pigeon-faced England manager to omit Tottenham's in-form goalscorer Harry Kane out, is in my opinion a national disgrace!

Instead he opted for West Brom's Saido Berahino, a non-English born player from the bottom of the PL above a Spurs forward. I may be biased but even neutrals like Bob Mills said it was a shame Hodgson broke up the partnership with Townsend leaving Kane out. On the same programme ex-Woolwich player Ray Parlor offered a snide remark saying, "he should try harder", while Hodgson named Theo Walcott who hadn't even kicked a ball in 8 months!

In fact, England are so overwhelmed with Woolwich players, Hodgson looks like he has a bias for that club, as does the FA and Sky (Murdoch) who basically control English football. If a Gooner sneezed on the pitch the ref would give them a free kick!

Harry Kane even sounds like a traditional British striker unlike the Burundian Saido Berahino and had just scored an amazing hat-trick so it doesn't make any sense. I also believe Hodgson's snub demoralized Kane before the Stoke game and his targetting was slightly off.

I only hope Poch keeps faith with Harry, as the supporters have, and plays him with a proper forward (Soldado) alongside him not the negative solo experiment he employed at home to the Potters.

michael-richards-comedy-400a071907.jpg

For pigeon-faced England manager to omit Tottenham's in-form goalscorer Harry Kane out, is in my opinion a national disgrace!

Instead he opted for West Brom's Saido Berahino, a non-English born player from the bottom of the PL above a Spurs forward. I may be biased but even neutrals like Bob Mills said it was a shame Hodgson broke up the partnership with Townsend leaving Kane out. On the same programme ex-Woolwich player Ray Parlor offered a snide remark saying, "he should try harder", while Hodgson named Theo Walcott who hadn't even kicked a ball in 8 months!

In fact, England are so overwhelmed with Woolwich players, Hodgson looks like he has a bias for that club, as does the FA and Sky (Murdoch) who basically control English football. If a Gooner sneezed on the pitch the ref would give them a free kick!

Harry Kane even sounds like a traditional British striker unlike the Burundian Saido Berahino and had just scored an amazing hat-trick so it doesn't make any sense. I also believe Hodgson's snub demoralized Kane before the Stoke game and his targetting was slightly off.

I only hope Poch keeps faith with Harry, as the supporters have, and plays him with a proper forward (Soldado) alongside him not the negative solo experiment he employed at home to the Potters.

Look I am just as excitied about Kane as anyone else but I rather not see him get ruined by England just yet, in time he will be a top player I really believe, but the inclusion of Kane or Barhino for that matter is probably a reflection of England's lack of striking options. Kane has it more difficult than Barhino in pushing for selection in that Kane does have competition not great competition but some pressure for his place and has not played many league games. I am sure in the long term Kane and Barinho will be England regulars but no need to push the boat yet.

As for Walcott that probably sums up England the fact he is around the team after being injured.

Agree that Kane and Austin deserve to be there more than Ricky Lambert. But calling out the leading English scorer in the league for being born abroad is racist and short sighted. Sterling was in Jamaica. So was John Barnes.

Back
Top Bottom