Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As usual, extremely trick selection for Poch. He got it right v Asteras, wrong v City. How will it go tomorrow?

I'm a big Kane fan, but I wouldn't be massively angry if he didn't start tomorrow. If he's recovered fully from Thursday night, then I hope he starts. More importantly I hope Poch gets his team and tactics right and we win the game.

I was under the impression that Kane is not an out and out striker and is in fact being groomed to play as more of a number 10 or in the jay Rodriguez role coming in from either wing.

Not sure why suddenly there's a question of whether he starts as the loan striker ahead of soldado or ade?

If he's taking anyone's place it's either Chadli or lamela I reckon.

I was under the impression that Kane is not an out and out striker and is in fact being groomed to play as more of a number 10 or in the jay Rodriguez role coming in from either wing.

Not sure why suddenly there's a question of whether he starts as the loan striker ahead of soldado or ade?

If he's taking anyone's place it's either Chadli or lamela I reckon.

Not sure when I have seen him for the u21 he seem to play quite far forward and operate like an out and out in parts of the game. He doesn't seem to me to be a jay Rodriquez type player as he is not very quick and doesn't come in off the wings.

For me he seems like a sheringham, he plays better in a two up top situation were he can link play but he is big enough and good enough in the air to play as an out and out. He is still young so he has plenty of time.

I guess the most important thing is how poch sees him but I do like him as a player and it's hard to say he doesn't deserve a prem start.

Never thought I'd say this but I want kane to start today. Of the 3 forwards we currently have he's the only one who deserves the start.

Go on harry stake your claim

Good goal that from Kane, started the move on the left wing, then sprinted like fuck to get on the end of Townsends cross.

I call it great management. You can't argue that Poch has got Kane highly motivated and inform, the result is he is scoring goals! Why is Poch not getting credit for this? He is still young and needs to be managed, look what happened to Townsend last year after his call up to England, worse thing that could of happened to him.

The problem is not Kane or Poch it's Ade and Soldado. Whilst Kane scored last night I can't say that he was fantastic. Don't get me wrong he was not bad, he was IMO OK and considering the opposition there is a case to be a tad disapointed. He didn't excel, he didn't cause their back 4 to shit themselves when he is on the ball.

Imagine if he got a start in the Prem (against a much more talented defences) and he didn't score, what would happen to him then? We are told strikers thrive off of confidence, Ade and Soldado are grown men and have been playing in front of demanding crowds for years. I'd rather an inform confident striker scoring goals against weaker defences in UEFA Cup and League cup games (something we can win) than him being destroyed by playing in the Prem which we will NOT win. His goal scoring ability in these competitions could actually win us something this year!

I call it great management. You can't argue that Poch has got Kane highly motivated and inform, the result is he is scoring goals! Why is Poch not getting credit for this? He is still young and needs to be managed, look what happened to Townsend last year after his call up to England, worse thing that could of happened to him.

The problem is not Kane or Poch it's Ade and Soldado. Whilst Kane scored last night I can't say that he was fantastic. Don't get me wrong he was not bad, he was IMO OK and considering the opposition there is a case to be a tad disapointed. He didn't excel, he didn't cause their back 4 to shit themselves when he is on the ball.

Imagine if he got a start in the Prem (against a much more talented defences) and he didn't score, what would happen to him then? We are told strikers thrive off of confidence, Ade and Soldado are grown men and have been playing in front of demanding crowds for years. I'd rather an inform confident striker scoring goals against weaker defences in UEFA Cup and League cup games (something we can win) than him being destroyed by playing in the Prem which we will NOT win. His goal scoring ability in these competitions could actually win us something this year!
I agree with you but Lamela plays both and they're of similar age and both netting against smaller/weaker opposition and the Prem appearances haven't affected him?

Not an argument against just a thought.

I agree with you but Lamela plays both and they're of similar age and both netting against smaller/weaker opposition and the Prem appearances haven't affected him?

Not an argument against just a thought.
Lamela is getting cunted off every (prem) game now no? He is getting loads of stick for giving the ball away, not releasing the ball early enough etc. etc. and there is a weak argument that his recent prem performances are going backwards.

It is a tuff call for sure. I am thrilled for Kane. He is clearly enjoying life right now, fans sing his name, he is building a great and special relationship with the fans too, Andros hasn't achieved that. Everything is there lets not ruin him by putting him into the firing line in a competition, attended bye a different and highly negative fan base, that we have zero chance of winning.

Lamela is getting cunted off every (prem) game now no? He is getting loads of stick for giving the ball away, not releasing the ball early enough etc. etc. and there is a weak argument that his recent prem performances are going backwards.

It is a tuff call for sure. I am thrilled for Kane. He is clearly enjoying life right now, fans sing his name, he is building a great and special relationship with the fans too, Andros hasn't achieved that. Everything is there lets not ruin him by putting him into the firing line in a competition, attended bye a different and highly negative fan base, that we have zero chance of winning.
Spot on! If we haven't scored in 15mins the negativity is felt around the ground and that reflects onto the pitch. You have trumped me with your argument, well played!

Let the man play come Sunday. Nacer has been cooling down while Lamela is high and low so I'd give Harry a start ahead of Chadli and play Soldado up top. 4-2-3-1/4-4-2 hybrid. Kane has played in the league before and one start won't ruin him nor rush him. The boy deserves it!

Back
Top Bottom