Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think that as a rule if we're 5 up in the last 8 minutes the keeper and striker should switch out.

Someone write to FIFA and get that shit switched immediately.

#Kaned

Fuck it. 2-2-2-2-2

Kaboul - Vert
Dier - Rose
Capoue - Mason
Chadli - Eriksen
Kane - Lamela
What! no wingers! gibbs will be knocking on your door with presents. You've been drinking mate. What did you make of Thursday night?

P.S. I've got a mate that has exclusively Sonos stuff, not worth it unless you need floating speakers and an empty bank account.

Last edited:
But if we play with one striker, as seems to be the case, how is he going to learn how to play with/off another striker? and what would be the point? He's an instinctive player, and his shooting is extremely accurate - don't look to complicate a simple game.
At top level he would not get a sniff at goal the way he plays. Thats why you need two forward playing 4-4-2 which is simple - this is the formation that would be natural to him and any player coming through IMO. Playing all these rotating formations, attacking trios, inverted wingers and so on to accommodate foreign coaches/players is complicating things for home grown players.

At top level he would not get a sniff at goal the way he plays.
Ridiculous statement based on nothing. What do you know about 'top level'? I know you won't come back because you never do. Fire off your mad statements to someone else - you clearly don't watch football.

At top level he would not get a sniff at goal the way he plays. Thats why you need two forward playing 4-4-2 which is simple - this is the formation that would be natural to him and any player coming through IMO. Playing all these rotating formations, attacking trios, inverted wingers and so on to accommodate foreign coaches/players is complicating things for home grown players.
At every age group in our academy we play 4-3-3 and have done for a while now.

Ridiculous statement based on nothing. What do you know about 'top level'? I know you won't come back because you never do. Fire off your mad statements to someone else - you clearly don't watch football.

"you clearly don't watch football" - "Ridiculous statement based on nothing" lets leave that nonsense behind.

I realised that my frustration with Spurs comes from wanting things to be other than they are. When I accept things as they are, I'm completely happy.

My statement its based on what I see. Not stats, not what other people say and not on one good night against Asteras. MY OPINION on his ability and how I see him play is how I see it?

He is a good player at the stage of his career, which is not top level. If he were to play as a loan striker now, as you seem to promote, hes football career at Spurs would quickly be finished. He is predictable (limited) and for a quality defender, would not be too difficult to defend against. He has the ability and hopefully what it takes but he is not there yet.

Where he is now on his journey as a complete forward, he has developed and is a better player than last season - however, he has a long way to go to be a top draw forward. He is not naturally gifted with speed.
If I were to play him, I would play someone along side another forward .
On his own would not work.

"you clearly don't watch football" - "Ridiculous statement based on nothing" lets leave that nonsense behind.

I realised that my frustration with Spurs comes from wanting things to be other than they are. When I accept things as they are, I'm completely happy.

My statement its based on what I see. Not stats, not what other people say and not on one good night against Asteras. MY OPINION on his ability and how I see him play is how I see it?

He is a good player at the stage of his career, which is not top level. If he were to play as a loan striker now, as you seem to promote, hes football career at Spurs would quickly be finished. He is predictable (limited) and for a quality defender, would not be too difficult to defend against.

Where he is now on his journey as a complete forward, he has developed and is a better player than last season - however, he has a long way to go to be a top draw forward. He is not naturally gifted with speed.
If I were to play him, I would play someone along side another forward .
On his own would not work.

Let's leave that statement behind. Ok but forgive me for not reading any further. Let's leave everything you said behind. Is that ok? Bored. You clearly don't watch football.

I think our "boom and bust" support just need to reign it in a bit, not many were loving him after the OG at Sunderland which was his last outing in prem, it's very Spursy that here we go again it's almost November and we have 3 players literally level pegging for that striker spot

I think we give Soldado one more game then it is Kane's turn to have a chance, I just hope one of them grabs the opportunity and gets some premier league goals, our striker output has been terrible in the league

I understand a team needs to be balanced and players needing to compliment each other. I am unable to understand this "Eriksen as a 10" and " Kane as a lone striker" ? I always have accepted that a number 10 is a forward complimenting the other forward?

4-4-2 simple. The same formation who ever is available. Soldado would benefit form this also.
All 11 are complimenting each other, at its simplest. The point I am sort of trying to make is that two Spurs strikers score a lot less than a lone striker with Christian Eriksen behind them as an attacking midfielder. Or Lamela beind, or roaming free. Eriksen and Lamela are not strikers, but other than possibly Kane, they are much stronger scoring threats than our strikers. Both like to play centrally and a 4-4-2 doesn't really accomodate them well, and provide the defensive resilience we need against other teams.

With different players, we might be able to do a 4-4-2 like City does. But with the players we have, and the way both they, and Pochettino like to play, we're not a team that suits a 4-4-2.

Playing all these rotating formations, attacking trios, inverted wingers and so on to accommodate foreign coaches/players is complicating things for home grown players.
So, you're saying that our Academy players are too stupid to play anything except 4-4-2? Because that is what you've said here, I must stress.

I think our "boom and bust" support just need to reign it in a bit, not many were loving him after the OG at Sunderland which was his last outing in prem, it's very Spursy that here we go again it's almost November and we have 3 players literally level pegging for that striker spot

I think we give Soldado one more game then it is Kane's turn to have a chance, I just hope one of them grabs the opportunity and gets some premier league goals, our striker output has been terrible in the league
Mensa, you're mad, but out of respect for you I'll refrain from making any intelligent comments. Also this makes it easier for me, so fuck off with your high fallutin' ideas. Isn't intelligent debate the nuts?

I've thought for a long time that you bore an uncanny likeness to Poch, indeed it was only when you confessed to having met the man that I realised that you were the bloke standing to the right of our manager - or the other way round. Anyway if we don't win anything this year, I'll be holding you personally responsible.

Mensa, you're mad, but out of respect for you I'll refrain from making any intelligent comments. Also this makes it easier for me, so fuck off with your high fallutin' ideas. Isn't intelligent debate the nuts?

I've thought for a long time that you bore an uncanny likeness to Poch, indeed it was only when you confessed to having met the man that I realised that you were the bloke standing to the right of our manager - or the other way round. Anyway if we don't win anything this year, I'll be holding you personally responsible.

Missed you big man!

Poch is on an argie expat forum somewhere saying he met me by the way!

Missed you big man!

Poch is on an argie expat forum somewhere saying he met me by the way!
I don't blame him - I once (I'll be honest 3 times) got a ridiculously high IQ score, but my mates call me thicko, well the men do. The girls just curl up at my feet obviously. Hard life mate - I know your pain.

Back
Top Bottom