Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Let the man play come Sunday. Nacer has been cooling down while Lamela is high and low so I'd give Harry a start ahead of Chadli and play Soldado up top. 4-2-3-1/4-4-2 hybrid. Kane has played in the league before and one start won't ruin him nor rush him. The boy deserves it!
I don't think it would do him any favours being played out of position, it would have a huge negative affect IMO

I don't think it would do him any favours being played out of position, it would have a huge negative affect IMO

I think he's more than capable and accustomed to playing as the #10. Even if it'd be a fluid "3" in the 4-2-3-1 I'd think he'd do fine. Didn't mean I wanted him out left though which I see now it might be read as.

3YWyzXF.png

Harry Kane, AKA The Philosopher

Has he been locked in tim sherwood's basement? That is hilarious. Just read it yourself in his voice and it's even funnier

Is this why we're all still a bit reticent to fully get behind our latest (in a not very long line of) homegrown strikers?? It's just that he comes across as a bit thick, and (someone else mentioned) gormless....
Is he not quite 'global football superstar' enough for people?? Will he not command a six-figure advertising campaign with an underwear company?
He's definitely more Mark Falco than 'Galactico'... And that, I fear is part of the problem with how he is perceived in modern football!
30 years ago, he'd have been a Spurs working class hero!

Is this why we're all still a bit reticent to fully get behind our latest (in a not very long line of) homegrown strikers?? It's just that he comes across as a bit thick, and (someone else mentioned) gormless....
Is he not quite 'global football superstar' enough for people?? Will he not command a six-figure advertising campaign with an underwear company?
He's definitely more Mark Falco than 'Galactico'... And that, I fear is part of the problem with how he is perceived in modern football!
30 years ago, he'd have been a Spurs working class hero!
If he can be likened to a part of a comedy duo, and I think he can, then he's a classic straight man in a world that only worships the looney ones...

Kane's definitely our most in form striker, so should get a start tomorrow in my view.

ECC 24-09-2014 Tottenham 3 : 1 Nottingham Forest
IUC 02-10-2014 Tottenham 1 : 1 Besiktas
IUC 23-10-2014 Tottenham 5 : 1 Asteras Tripolis
ECC 29-10-2014 Tottenham 2 : 0 Brighton

hate to say it, but his goals so far have been against lower league/European opponents...
It's a Catch 22... are his 'goalscoring achievements' skewed, 'cos of the opposition... or is a goal is a goal is a goal?
oooooooor, unless he starts against full-blown Premier League opposition, I guess we'll never know whether he's capable of scoring against a higher quality of defence...

hate to say it, but his goals so far have been against lower league/European opponents...
It's a Catch 22... are his 'goalscoring achievements' skewed, 'cos of the opposition... or is a goal is a goal is a goal?
oooooooor, unless he starts against full-blown Premier League opposition, I guess we'll never know whether he's capable of scoring against a higher quality of defence...
at least he's scoring. Soldado's not even scoring against the shit sides when we play them.

You have a point but are Besiktas that much worse than Newcastle? They even share their shirts.

3WiAQQm.jpg

Rock you like a harrykane!
At the moment, with Mason, embodies the tottenham spirit more than any other player on the field does. Young guys but already an example to the others. Unfortunately does not speak english, but is learning fast.

#COYS

Back
Top Bottom