Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Own goal opposite end to away fans so not sure how bad it was, sky report it as unfortunate so feel for him! Ade needed replacing as was on his last legs

I'm not turned against him. I think he can and will score goals for us again. That being said, today he clearly showed that he lacks the ability to come off the bench in the last 10-15 minutes and take a game into his own hands. The team honestly looked better with a sputtering and breathless Adebayor. Folks will point to the fact that Sunderland started to push forward more often, but I think that really only came once the own goal knocked the wind out of us. As some have stated before, Ade will leave for Afcon... what if either of Soldado or Kane are injured during that period? We'll be screwed. That aside, I still don't trust that pair to take the game to another team. Physically, they just aren't the types to be able to come on at the end of games and bully a tired squad.

We lost control at the end of the game, and I think a lot of that has to do with Kane not being able to hold up play. Ade is stronger and, despite how lanky he appears on the pitch, much trickier with the ball at his feet. Kane looked slow and got pushed around by guys who had been on the pitch for 80+ minutes.
You see players coming all the time with 15 minutes to go though and struggling to make any kind of impact. It's especially difficult for him when we're under constant pressure with the ball.

Pity we don't have a 'reluctantly agree' option, I would love to be wrong about him, but think he lacks that extra bit of quality that would make him a top striker. Having said that, if he was that good, he would playing for Chelsea or Real Madrid!

Own goal opposite end to away fans so not sure how bad it was, sky report it as unfortunate so feel for him! Ade needed replacing as was on his last legs

Were you there mate? I was right at the back. Saw a replay on the screens in the bar area and it just bounced up unexpectedly off him.

Were you there mate? I was right at the back. Saw a replay on the screens in the bar area and it just bounced up unexpectedly off him.
Kaboul bent low to play the ball - but let it go - I think he was worried HE would put in an own goal. Vlad then was not ready and it got past him. To me, it bounced between players and hit Kane. Everyone could have done better - but hard to only blame Kane.

LOLOLOLOL he's not good enough because a ball hit him on a set piece after Chiriches let it go by while marking no one.

Not three games ago did he play the peach of a pass to help us best West Ham. 21 years old as well, get a grip. Scored more goals from open play than Soldado in the league in a third of the appearances and he's eight years younger. Blinkered people, yeesh.

so his play aside from the OG was what you would expect from a top striker on a CL caliber team?

doubtful. He did fuck all. The OG was just the cherry on top of his coming on and completely disrupting the team's flow of play with his inability to hold the ball up as a lone striker. Yes, he's 21 and maybe he does have a fantastic career ahead of him but you're the one that's "blinkered" if you believe he's anywhere near good enough to lead the line effectively for us at this point. Adebayor is far and away the only EPL capable player we have at the position on our squad right now, which again, as others have said, leaves us in pretty precarious situation.

Whilst any player has to be a useful addition to the squad to justify an outlay, I can't help but think that we needed another striker in the transfer window. It's not knee jerk, melt or whatever other phrases are in at the moment. If Ade is off form for a period of time (please God no) & Bobby is injured, then it's too much responsibility on young Harry K to carry the line. Maybe in a few seasons time? But he shouldn't be our only alternative to Ade & Bobby right now in my opinion.

Whilst any player has to be a useful addition to the squad to justify an outlay, I can't help but think that we needed another striker in the transfer window. It's not knee jerk, melt or whatever other phrases are in at the moment. If Ade is off form for a period of time (please God no) & Bobby is injured, then it's too much responsibility on young Harry K to carry the line. Maybe in a few seasons time? But he shouldn't be our only alternative to Ade & Bobby right now in my opinion.

I don't think adding a striker is the ONLY solution - but would like better play upfront. But I don't care if we get it from ADE being more consistant, from Soldado finding his form, or from Kane improving.

I don't think adding a striker is the ONLY solution - but would like better play upfront. But I don't care if we get it from ADE being more consistant, from Soldado finding his form, or from Kane improving.
I agree it's not the only solution- but competition is healthy & Ade is the kind of guy who will burst a bollock with effort on his best form-unplayable- but can be anonymous when off his game. He is our only proven striker in EPL. Bobby & Harry need game time, granted, but we need someone else in the mix to keep them all on their toes. As it is, the lone striker needs to consistently hit the back of the net - at the right end.

We don't buy ready made world class strikers like Diego Costa or Falcao but Ade and Soldado have both had numerous amazing seasons when settled and playing in an attacking successful system. They are both pretty much still in their prime. It's melty as fuck grass is greener no back bone impatient bollocks. Ade played 2 matches for Togo during the week you whiny bitches one of which was against Ghana for qualifying losing both but also scoring so I'm sure it's been a long week for him. Kane played 2 matches also for the u21s scoring winners in each match lol

We don't buy ready made world class strikers like Diego Costa or Falcao but Ade and Soldado have both had numerous amazing seasons when settled and playing in an attacking successful system. They are both pretty much still in their prime. It's melty as fuck grass is greener no back bone impatient bollocks. Ade played 2 matches for Togo during the week you whiny bitches one of which was against Ghana for qualifying losing both but also scoring so I'm sure it's been a long week for him. Kane played 2 matches also for the u21s scoring winners in each match lol

Ade had a great game today. Both goals came through him.

conversely, Kane, while apparently a master of scoring against boil faced teenagers from other countries, completely stunted our attack.

so his play aside from the OG was what you would expect from a top striker on a CL caliber team?

doubtful. He did fuck all. The OG was just the cherry on top of his coming on and completely disrupting the team's flow of play with his inability to hold the ball up as a lone striker. Yes, he's 21 and maybe he does have a fantastic career ahead of him but you're the one that's "blinkered" if you believe he's anywhere near good enough to lead the line effectively for us at this point. Adebayor is far and away the only EPL capable player we have at the position on our squad right now, which again, as others have said, leaves us in pretty precarious situation.

I don't think a 15 minute poor cameo means anything for any player. It's nonsensical. Of course he isn't as good as Adebayor or up to the quality of a top 4 team but who cares since we aren't a top four team. Only Lloris, Walker, and maybe Eriksen would get into a top four team.

But Kane doesn't need to be top four quality anyway because he is a developing player. He's a third striker for now and should be judged as a young player. Comparing him to Adebayor totally ignores the fact that they are at vastly different points in their career. Adebayor is thirty and the highest earner on our team. Obviously he's first choice and should be over Kane.

Back
Top Bottom