Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think a 15 minute poor cameo means anything for any player. It's nonsensical. Of course he isn't as good as Adebayor or up to the quality of a top 4 team but who cares since we aren't a top four team. Only Lloris, Walker, and maybe Eriksen would get into a top four team.

But Kane doesn't need to be top four quality anyway because he is a developing player. He's a third striker for now and should be judged as a young player. Comparing him to Adebayor totally ignores the fact that they are at vastly different points in their career. Adebayor is thirty and the highest earner on our team. Obviously he's first choice and should be over Kane.
Unless he develops an excellent footballing brain (not easy) he's too slow for the Prem as an out and out striker - that's for gibbs - a no. 9 for everyone else.

Last edited:
Unless he develops an excellent footballing brain (not easy) he's too slow for the Prem as an out and out striker - that's for gibbs - a no. 9 for everyone else.

Knee jerk. Time will tell. He's had next to no time in the prem. Is a new dm and Lennon coming on with Eriksen coming off going to help a striker?

You think Kane can't play as a lone striker? Haha. You need to keep talking shit only and never talk about actual football.

I think you commented on football because something like an own goal is obvious enough for it to register for you as a negative.

Last edited:
problem lies with if the strikers don't score who will. What team hd a 25 goal striker last season bar Poo?
Yaya Toure is a midfielder and scored 20? None of the others reached past 17.
year before that Bale, a midfielder scored 21 with only RVP and Suarez beating that.
What we need is a midfielder who gets into double figures and others that will chip in with 5-8 a season.
That means if the striker has a 16 a season tally we still do ok with goals and if they both are on fire we score for fun.
Look at the teams with CL aspirations and compare their goals from midfield to ours. That's where the problem lies.
When Bale score 21 league goals it was plain to see that we had no goals in us up front or in midfield. We have really not addressed that.
Dembele, Bentaleb, Capoue, Townsend and Lennon will have to improve dramatically and the rest recreate their best scoring form.

problem lies with if the strikers don't score who will. What team hd a 25 goal striker last season bar Poo?
year before that Bale, a midfielder scored 21 with only RVP and Suarez beating that.
What we need is a midfielder who gets into double figures and others that will chip in with 5-8 a season.
That means if the striker has a 16 a season tally we still do ok with goals and if they both are on fire we score for fun.
Look at the teams with CL aspirations and compare their goals from midfield to ours. That's where the problem lies.
When Bale score 21 league goals it was plain to see that we had no goals in us up front or in midfield. We have really not addressed that.
Dembele, Bentaleb, Capoue, Townsend and Lennon will have to improve dramatically and the rest recreate their best scoring form.
By the looks of it Chadli will probably be our goal scoring midfielder and I suspect Eriksen + Lamela will chip in a fair few too.

We are already scoring more from midfield this season. Less greed in the team (Defoe and Townsend) helps. Also Bale was very greedy and pretty much shot on sight (but was justified).

I think we have a better team ethic. AVB was Bale FC and the rest of the team was an afterthought.

If you want goals from Bentaleb, Capoue, Paulinho and Dembele, they are not going to get them as deeper midfielders.

The onus had to be on Eriksen, Chadli, Lamela, Soldado, Ade and Kane to get us goals.

Knee jerk. Time will tell. He's had next to no time in the prem. Is a new dm and Lennon coming on with Eriksen coming off going to help a striker?

You think Kane can't play as a lone striker? Haha. You need to keep talking shit only and never talk about actual football.

I think you commented on football because something like an own goal is obvious enough for it to register for you as a negative.
Absolutely nothing to do with the own goal - that could have happened to anybody - I think he's too slow to play up front on his own, you disagree, it makes no difference. I've tried talking about football to you, but apart from your narrow agenda, you see very little to nothing.

Absolutely nothing to do with the own goal - that could have happened to anybody - I think he's too slow to play up front on his own, you disagree, it makes no difference. I've tried talking about football to you, but apart from your narrow agenda, you see very little to nothing.

Based on what? Before the game I said our downfall is we have an intelligence issue at the club.

What happened? Fell asleep after scoring for one goal. Second goal came from a dumb free kick and an own goal.

Players I backed all scored and were involved with goals.

Seems like I see a lot.

I don't think a 15 minute poor cameo means anything for any player. It's nonsensical. Of course he isn't as good as Adebayor or up to the quality of a top 4 team but who cares since we aren't a top four team. Only Lloris, Walker, and maybe Eriksen would get into a top four team.

But Kane doesn't need to be top four quality anyway because he is a developing player. He's a third striker for now and should be judged as a young player. Comparing him to Adebayor totally ignores the fact that they are at vastly different points in their career. Adebayor is thirty and the highest earner on our team. Obviously he's first choice and should be over Kane.

Yet his ten minute cameo against West Ham means more and is less nonsensical because it's positive? Scoring for the U-21s means he's going to be something special? He's the third striker for a team with the first team player going to Afcon and the second fiddle being a headcase-- he's going to see time. I don't care what point he's at in his career, if he isn't good enough to justify the time he is inevitably going to get then we're in hot fucking water. Young or not, he's a FIRST TEAM player and should be judged as such. It's really as simple as that. Clearly we should have bought a fourth striker before the summer window closed. I'm not saying it had to be Welbeck, but it did have to be someone decent enough to be able to come in and steady the ship when called upon. Kane was thrown into the fray and totally eaten alive.

And no, we're not a top four team... but is that not where we all want to be? Where Pochettino wants to be? The squad? Not getting there with Kane... no way, no how.

Based on what? Before the game I said our downfall is we have an intelligence issue at the club.

What happened? Fell asleep after scoring for one goal. Second goal came from a dumb free kick and an own goal.

Players I backed all scored and were involved with goals.

Seems like I see a lot.

in fairness, it's not exactly difficult to guess that our four most prominent attackers will be the main players involved in creating and scoring goals..

right, that is it.. only gunna read the off topic jokes page and music from now on. Arguments are so zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Yet his ten minute cameo against West Ham means more and is less nonsensical because it's positive? Scoring for the U-21s means he's going to be something special? He's the third striker for a team with the first team player going to Afcon and the second fiddle being a headcase-- he's going to see time. I don't care what point he's at in his career, if he isn't good enough to justify the time he is inevitably going to get then we're in hot fucking water. Young or not, he's a FIRST TEAM player and should be judged as such. It's really as simple as that. Clearly we should have bought a fourth striker before the summer window closed. I'm not saying it had to be Welbeck, but it did have to be someone decent enough to be able to come in and steady the ship when called upon. Kane was thrown into the fray and totally eaten alive.

And no, we're not a top four team... but is that not where we all want to be? Where Pochettino wants to be? The squad? Not getting there with Kane... no way, no how.
Thing is your judging him not good enough after a few first team matches, how many chances has soldado had, Ade has as many indifferent games as good.
I would like to see Kane start regularly as I know he will find the net.

Back
Top Bottom