Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Speaking of that cross he scored from, Ben Davies just put on a peach of a cross for Bale to score. And Davies was near the halfway line. Amazing vision and ability to deliver from Ben.

...yeah, but no one gives a shit about silly Ben Davies, 'cos REAL MADRID'S GARETH BALE scored a goal or two!

...yeah, but no one gives a shit about silly Ben Davies, 'cos REAL MADRID'S GARETH BALE scored a goal or two!
In fairness though, they weren't bad goals! Great delivery from Davies. Looking forward to seeing him firing in crosses like that for our forwards to convert:adesalute:

...or not. :pochfacepalm:

Last edited:
Gotta feel a bit bad for Rose, after what is probably the biggest form leap of his career it looks like as if he could possibly still be relegated to the bench.

Good for Spurs though, I suppose.

Am I the only one to think Rose still has a squad role to play with his sheer versatility? Granted, he's still a bit of a thick as far as football intelligence goes, but it's nowhere near as bad as people sometimes suggest.
I think it'd be harsh to drop Rose right now. He's had some good games and you can't drop a player who's playing well because someone else played well for their country... Against Andorra.

I reckon Rose gets to play against Sunderland, Davies plays in the Europa and if the performances then warrant the change then it's fair. So far though this season in Spurs shirts Rose has been the better of the two.

I think it'd be harsh to drop Rose right now. He's had some good games and you can't drop a player who's playing well because someone else played well for their country... Against Andorra.

I reckon Rose gets to play against Sunderland, Davies plays in the Europa and if the performances then warrant the change then it's fair. So far though this season in Spurs shirts Rose has been the better of the two.

That's the fail spiral. Lennon does the same thing. Shows us flashes of what he is capable of like Rose vs QPR then he coasts.

Rose is not a defender. If we play him, it should be as an out and winger. We can't carry on compounding having Eriksen on the left with Rose behind him.

Plus his link up play has been nothing to be enthusiastic about. Defoe, Soldado were starved with him bombing up the wings. His link up with Eriksen is non existent and the less said about his hospital balls to theCB's and DMs the better.

We have some easyish games coming up. If everything goes Spursy, Rose, Lennon and Townsend will show good form and the mugging will be complete. Let's see if Poch can spot the soft underbelly if you look beyond the flash.

His future depends on it.

What I like about Davies is that apart from good passing and crossing, he is a possession player, very fond of keeping the ball and play touch-and-go with good patience.

Rose is more dynamic but also much more "crash,boom,bang", many risky moves and often in unwise positions.

Trying Soldado out in the 3 has crossed my mind as well, he certainly seems to have the vision and passing ability for that to work, I really don't think the lone striker position over here suits him.

I have to agree. Honestly, I think Soldado is better at Ade than a few things, staying onside or getting back onside is one of them, but setting up teamates is another. Soldado has done an excellent job in this young season working with the other attacking players and I can absolutely see him playing a more creative role.

I think as a striker he will work under certain circumstances. But ultimately I see no reason he couldn't play on the wing also. He's been very good from out wide.

I also don't believe Soldado has fallen down any pecking order.
Soldado will still get his time when healthy and I expect him to return to starting EL games also.

Kane is needed at striker, but also needed at LW. His time will probably be split between the two positions which makes Soldado all that more important.

came on today and looked worse than fucking useless. THIS is the reason we absolutely fucking botched it by not signing a striker.
I know he's homegrown/Inglish/Spurs-fan etc...
...but no room for sentiment, he really is NOT good enough!
Come on, he was brilliant at the end of last season, started really well in this one, pass against West Ham, Europa goals, England U21 goals and many solid performances. You're not both really going to let one very, very unlucky mistake turn you against him are you?!

I think he gets unfair stick for no reason other than having been at the club for so long and being hyped up from the age of 16.

He only just turned 20 and wouldn't even take up a squad number for another 2 years. Windy compares him to Teddy Sheringham so lets give the boy a chance.

you do mean a retired teddy now don't you?!

Come on, he was brilliant at the end of last season, started really well in this one, pass against West Ham, Europa goals, England U21 goals and many solid performances. You're not both really going to let one very, very unlucky mistake turn you against him are you?!

I'm not turned against him. I think he can and will score goals for us again. That being said, today he clearly showed that he lacks the ability to come off the bench in the last 10-15 minutes and take a game into his own hands. The team honestly looked better with a sputtering and breathless Adebayor. Folks will point to the fact that Sunderland started to push forward more often, but I think that really only came once the own goal knocked the wind out of us. As some have stated before, Ade will leave for Afcon... what if either of Soldado or Kane are injured during that period? We'll be screwed. That aside, I still don't trust that pair to take the game to another team. Physically, they just aren't the types to be able to come on at the end of games and bully a tired squad.

We lost control at the end of the game, and I think a lot of that has to do with Kane not being able to hold up play. Ade is stronger and, despite how lanky he appears on the pitch, much trickier with the ball at his feet. Kane looked slow and got pushed around by guys who had been on the pitch for 80+ minutes.

LOLOLOLOL he's not good enough because a ball hit him on a set piece after Chiriches let it go by while marking no one.

Not three games ago did he play the peach of a pass to help us best West Ham. 21 years old as well, get a grip. Scored more goals from open play than Soldado in the league in a third of the appearances and he's eight years younger. Blinkered people, yeesh.

LOLOLOLOL he's not good enough because a ball hit him on a set piece after Chiriches let it go by while marking no one.

Not three games ago did he play the peach of a pass to help us best West Ham. 21 years old as well, get a grip. Scored more goals from open play than Soldado in the league in a third of the appearances and he's eight years younger. Blinkered people, yeesh.

Not blinkered at all - he's just never going to be good enough.

The whole team looked lost when he came on, and Ade was playing badly as well........but we just lost all focus with Kane on.

Not blinkered at all - he's just never going to be good enough.

The whole team looked lost when he came on, and Ade was playing badly as well........but we just lost all focus with Kane on.

You've been saying that ever since he's been around. He's just turned 21 and contributed a lot more than Soldado in the last twelve months. I think he's a quite impressive youth player breaking into the first team. He's scored and assisted relatively consistently since he's broken into the team. Judging him because he had an anonymous fifteen minute cameo is massively unfair.

Journeyman who will do lots of things reasonably well sometimes, but excels at nothing. Best asset seems to be taking half-chances from opposition corners, has a 2 out of 2 success rate. Orient was about right for him; he only gets near the team because there are no other options.

I think you know what I'm getting at...
If you sit in a room, on your own, with noone else to sway you, nobody there to skew your judgement, just look at Harry Kane, and tell me HONESTLY, you think he's the answer!

He's a lovely chap, bleeds Spurs no doubt, but he just isn't 'IT'

i think he isn't as bad or as good as most seem to think. i think the truth lies somewhere between the 2.

I would say he is a mid-lower premiership team player. i don't mind having him as our 4th choice striker.
the problem is he seems to be our 2nd choice striker. that is scary!

i don't think he has the potential to be a top striker at all. he misses a lot of chances & his all round game is nothing special. he doesn't really excel at anything in particular.

Totally agree with you, I can't believe this youngster is getting slated for not having a very good 15 mins, FFS call yourselves Spurs fans

Back
Top Bottom