Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

same, i can see a break out season for him too

he just seems like a smart footballer which is rare in a 21 year old english kid lol

Yeh that's why I compared him to Sheringham he's very clever. Players in modern football with brains and skills are more important than players with just out and out pace, with so many of our younger English players (or former younger) like Lennon, Rose, Townsend and so on they have good pace but not the always best decision making. That being said Kane wasn't to slow yesterday, good to see him do well, would love him to grow into one of the leagues best strikers in a few years, great potential.

Only just seen the goals, lovely from both players, Kane didn't even break his stride, was nice movement from Soldado to pull the defenders away too. YIDS

yeah Soldados movement opened up the space then Lamela with a perfectly weighted ball for Harry to fly through and dat finish oohhh

beautifully worked goal

Yeh that's why I compared him to Sheringham he's very clever. Players in modern football with brains and skills are more important than players with just out and out pace, with so many of our younger English players (or former younger) like Lennon, Rose, Townsend and so on they have good pace but not the always best decision making. That being said Kane wasn't to slow yesterday, good to see him do well, would love him to grow into one of the leagues best strikers in a few years, great potential.

I've been thinking Sheringham too and if he turns out that good we are in serious business.

Agree just because he does not have the panache that Sheringham used to have, and he is a clever chap on and off the field, does not mean he can't become the same player on the pitch

Ted was still at Milwall at his age, Kane can only get better hopefully like Ted did

My only worry about Kane showing his ability is how fans will react if he has a bad patch, say he plays against the scum and misses four chances. You'll have a few people on this forum saying he is crap, I hope when he does have that he is strong enough to ignore it. Personally I have seen enough of Kane last year to see he is a very good footballer, he may still be a number two or three but I have no concerns when he plays.

we still have people who think he's crap lol idiots

he'll need to be mentally strong to make it regardless at the very top but all the signs are good for the kid right now

I have high hopes for Kane, hes shown that he is a good finisher.. He assisted in the West Ham goal and scored an absolute cracker of a goal against Limassol. He can go round players, shoot from distance, hes tall and only 21.
But he just doesnt look like a footballer!
Why dont we have any smileys for Kane
:memeokay:
I keep finding this picture all the time, is it a young Kane or something? I went ahead and made a resized smiley of it:
AdnlZPu.png

I don't think we can judge already, he's at a very delicate point in his career. I think he certainly had good footballing brain and he create a lot around him which a good sign. He will either take his game a step further and be a Sheringham-like forward (which is a position that looks to suit him but the question is if modern football is need of such forward) or a solid Dickov for lower half or Div. 1 clubs.
Wasn't Teddy at his age still a mediocre striker at Millwall?

In fairness though if we were good at spotting young talent we'd be scouts/youth coaches. I personally really started to believe in Kane after the Monaco friendly last year after watching a few youth games prior to that too. (I'm just saying this because it's pretty much the only football thing I've been right about over the years so I need to do much bragging!).

Seriously though when the professionals are regularly getting it wrong and either keeping bad players on or letting good ones go what kind of chance do we have getting it right?

You're right but my point is really that we have to wait with players, give them time and see what happens. Most these lads wouldn't be at the club unless they had potential. As you point out theyve been scouted and picked out by people who know more than us. Most won't make it at a top six side still perhaps, and more than half won't even be prem quality probably but one or two could end up being fantastic for us. Worst thing we can do is write a kid off before he's grown up a bit and proven he is or isn't good enough but I see people all the time expecting kids to come through and knock one in age 16 like Rooney did for Everton, and if they don't they're turned on too early.

I like his determination, he held onto that ball for almost 10 minutes for the penalty, and missing it didn't deter him and he got his goal, missed a few chances, but I'm glad he got his goal as it'll encourage him.
He really suits the 4-2-3-1 system and I think he's a very good back-up for Adebayor.
I just don't see where Soldado fits into our team, I rate him, but I don't think he is very good in the premier league, he is good in the Europa League.

My only worry about Kane showing his ability is how fans will react if he has a bad patch, say he plays against the scum and misses four chances. You'll have a few people on this forum saying he is crap, I hope when he does have that he is strong enough to ignore it. Personally I have seen enough of Kane last year to see he is a very good footballer, he may still be a number two or three but I have no concerns when he plays.

He's already had that bad patch. It's called playing under AVB.

:avbhumph:

I like his determination, he held onto that ball for almost 10 minutes for the penalty, and missing it didn't deter him and he got his goal, missed a few chances, but I'm glad he got his goal as it'll encourage him.
He really suits the 4-2-3-1 system and I think he's a very good back-up for Adebayor.
I just don't see where Soldado fits into our team, I rate him, but I don't think he is very good in the premier league, he is good in the Europa League.

Soldado haven't done well as the lone striker, but I think he could be a fine player as one of the three behind the one. He is a good, smart team player, has good crosses. And who knows - in a position like that, with less pressure on him to score, he might re-find his ability to score goals.

Soldado haven't done well as the lone striker, but I think he could be a fine player as one of the three behind the one. He is a good, smart team player, has good crosses. And who knows - in a position like that, with less pressure on him to score, he might re-find his ability to score goals.

Trying Soldado out in the 3 has crossed my mind as well, he certainly seems to have the vision and passing ability for that to work, I really don't think the lone striker position over here suits him.

Back
Top Bottom