Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whilst its great news, remember the myth banded about regarding Adebayor being a mercenary who only played well when wanting a new contract.....

Look at our form since everyone started signing new deals......

Bentaleb a prime example.

"I feel I'm at a stage in my life and career where it's time to take that next step."

Imagine if he said that yesterday....

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F06%2FBeaker.gif

British Press

Wonder if it was deliberate getting a bit of the following quote in the shot

"Any player coming to Spurs, whether a big signing or a ground staff boy, must be dedicated to the game and to the club." - Bill Nicholson

Couldn't have put it any better than the 'Great' Billy Nic!!

'Great' absolutely!

Which 4 clubs are you referring to? I would count 5 (the two Manchester Clubs, Woolwich, Chelsea and Liverpool).

Incidentally, this is why the PL is such a tough beast. 5 of the 10 richest clubs in the world are in the PL. You have to spend as much as Juventus just to make it to the CL.
Yeah my error, sorry, 5 bigger than us financially and 3 than them. I'd say ATM Woolwich outdo Liverpool.

With respect, is there such a thing?

He's said all the right things and he feels this the next stage in his career but if RM came knocking?

I want him to stay forever, but this is football.
If he's playing well enough for RM to come knocking (scoring like 30 in the league per season), then that means the team is probably qualifying for the CL year after year, so Levy would be able to afford to pay him whatever he wants.

Talkshite 2 weeks ago - spurs need to pay Kane what he's worth or they're a tin-pot club!

Talkshite today - Spurs are celebrating Kane's new contract like a trophy, what a tin-pot club!

Is that Talkshite the tin-pot radio station, with tin-pot presenters?? Maybe Spurs players have turned down Jim White million friend requests on Facebook and he took a dislike to Spurs whilst having an anguish-wank.

Just shows how far football has developed. 56 goals in 81 is outstanding but nowadays the top ELITE strikers are hitting near a goal a game, Kane will get there

They are some insanely good stats (hate stats usually)
He really is a goal machine when he hits his stride. How Fantastic to have him at this great club, one of our home grown, & doesn't want to fuck off on the next flight to the highest bidder. An absolute gem.
Trust me, he would go if we were mid table. No slight on him, he does love the club, but he would be gone. We have just doubled his wages, he is now one of the highest paid players (top 10%) in the league. He's earned it and fair play to us for paying it.

Thing that's a bit harsh on some quality strikers out there. Especially the likes of Aubamayeng.
Not really, he plays for one of the most direct teams in Europe, a bit too attacking maybe, they get beat. Bundesliga is more competitive than La Liga but below 6th it's Rare they take points of the top teams like the Prem (although this year may be an exception).

Trust me, he would go if we were mid table. No slight on him, he does love the club, but he would be gone. We have just doubled his wages, he is now one of the highest paid players (top 10%) in the league. He's earned it and fair play to us for paying it.
I'd expect him to go if we were mid table & wouldn't blame him if he did. We weren't mid table fodder when the likes of Modric & Bale jumped ship-didn't stop that pair of turncoat cunts. One of the many fantastic things about Harry is he is a well rounded young man. Not greedy about wages, enthusiastic in the extreme for his club & country & buys into the ethic being created at spurs. Top bloke if you ask me. There are players earning much more, stealing a living at places like Chelsea.

Back
Top Bottom