Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not really, he plays for one of the most direct teams in Europe, a bit too attacking maybe, they get beat. Bundesliga is more competitive than La Liga but below 6th it's Rare they take points of the top teams like the Prem (although this year may be an exception).
To put it into perspective, Sanchez (swallows a sick burp) is widely (& correctly) regarded as a top class player. He scored 39 in 88 for Barca & has 40 in 79 for Woolwich- if the stats are correct.
It's only the ridiculous elite of Messi & Ronaldo who are banging them in at a silly rate- & as you say, outside of the top 4 or 5 clubs in la liga, there is some very poor opposition in their premier league. The French league is poor aside from 2 or 3 clubs, the Dutch league is on its arse, Portugal ain't much better & neither is the Italian league outside of the usual suspects. The Bundesliga is a strong league, but there aren't too many goal a game merchants there. Kane is an elite player. Golden boot winner in only his second full season in arguably the hardest, most competitive league in Europe. He will do for me.

Suarez has 71 goals in his last 72 games.
Ronaldo has 63 goals in his last 64 games.
Messi has 60 goals in hist last 66 games.
Aubamayang has 57 goals in his last 66 games.
Lewandowski has 58 goals in hist last 71 games.
Higuain has 47 goals in his last 60 games.
Aguero has 45 goals in his last 63 games.
Benzema has 34 goals in his last 53 games.
Griezmann has 41 goals in his last 72 games.
Neymar has 37 goals in his last 66 games.
Kane has 36 goals in his last 61 games.

I think Kane is in good company and to be fair he's in a lot worse team than those above with regards to creating chances and surrounding players.

He's also the youngest on that list.

Last edited:
Suarez has 71 goals in his last 72 games.
Ronaldo has 63 goals in his last 64 games.
Messi has 60 goals in hist last 66 games.
Aubamayang has 57 goals in his last 66 games.
Lewandowski has 58 goals in hist last 71 games.
Higuain has 47 goals in his last 60 games.
Aguero has 45 goals in his last 63 games.
Neymar has 37 goals in his last 66 games.
Griezmann has 41 goals in his last 72 games.
Benzema has 34 goals in his last 53 games.
Kane has 36 goals in his last 61 games.

I think Kane is in good company and to be fair he's in a lot worse team than those above with regards to creating chances and surrounding players.
50 goals in his last 70 games.

What a record and he's Spurs through and through. Amazing.

Hang on a minute. 36 in his last 61 games & 50 in his last 70...that means he scored 14 goals in those 9 games he played in the run before the next 61 games...

Not sure about that...

Harry Kane will surpass Alan Shearer's record.

Every goal will be scored for Spurs.

Favourite this shit.
I think only degenerative injuries can stop him achieving that. He's theoretically not reached his peak years yet either.

Good in big games, good in derbies, great at penalties, good at headers. Doesn't rely on pace either.

Just so so good to watch when he's fully fit and firing.

The goals aside what continues to impress me is his work rate. Yesterday we were cruising at 3-0,wanyama fluffed his chance yet harry sprinted 20 yards to try to prevent a goal kick and keep the attack alive. At 4-0 he sprinted back and got a tackle in on the half way line to prevent a Swansea attack.

Loved the more intelligent journo trolling that fat fuck United fan Custis on Sunday Supplement.

"United are just a world class striker away from being a great team"

"Do you think they should have stopped Kane signing a new contract at spurs?"

50/70 is Premier League.
36/61 is all competitions.

The all comps stat is misleading in my view. It presumably includes games like the Europa League under Redknapp where it was not taken seriously and he was a teenager, and maybe even loan games at other clubs??

The 50/70 Prem stat tells more of the truth I suspect and that is an unbelievable record for a young player.

The all comps stat is misleading in my view. It presumably includes games like the Europa League under Redknapp where it was not taken seriously and he was a teenager, and maybe even loan games at other clubs??

The 50/70 Prem stat tells more of the truth I suspect and that is an unbelievable record for a young player.

I only included this season and last season.

It would be interesting to see how many goals each of the players Had scored in their last 70 League appearances. A nice round number to work with.

Ronaldo has 73 goals in his last 70 league games.
Messi has 70 goals in hist last 70 league games.
Suarez has 64 goals in his last 70 league games.
Aguero has 57 goals in his last 70 league games.
Lewandowski has 55 goals in hist last 70 league games.
Aubamayang has 54 goals in his last 70 league games.
Higuain has 54 goals in his last 70 league games.
Kane has 50 goals in his last 70 league games.
Griezmann has 44 goals in his last 70 league games.
Neymar has 40 goals in his last 70 league games.
Benzema has 32 goals in his last 70 league games.
Andy Carroll has 22 goals in his last 70 league games. lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom