Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So much for all that tabloid nonsense about Kane's demands for pay and contract deadlock etc. Just goes to show they know fuck all about what is going on behind the scenes at Spurs.
He might have been asking for more money etc. I never doubted he would eventually sign but Tottenham can be rather annoying in this regard. Kane deserves anything he wants.

He might have been asking for more money etc. I never doubted he would eventually sign but Tottenham can be rather annoying in this regard. Kane deserves anything he wants.

Only annoying for us fans as we need to know the ins and outs of a players contract negotiation. Kane has been constant about his praise for the club and never said or done anything for us to doubt his loyalty. Think the same can be said for all the players that have signed new contracts recently. Since the rags lost the 'insider' ('Arry and Sherwood) briefing them they have generally been wrong about a lot of the goings on within the club.

As you said if Kane is now our highest paid player, he deserves all he gets. Hopefully we can now tie down both Lloris and Vertonghen.

With respect, is there such a thing?

He's said all the right things and he feels this the next stage in his career but if RM came knocking?

I want him to stay forever, but this is football.

He's a local lad who grew up supporting us, he's not Gareth from Wales. I think there is more chance of Harry Kane being a one club man than plenty of others who play for us. He's just signed on for 6 years, taking him up to when he is 29.

Let's enjoy the fact that he is one of our own, instead of thinking about footballers chasing dreams of playing for Madrid and earning £££.

When Woolwich were building the Deathstar the cunts were winning trophies and titles. So that's a stupid fucking analogy.
And your seriously accusing a Spurs fan of being impatient. Think about that. About what we've won in recent years. How many times we've finished above the Scum under Levy's stewardship. And your accusing me of impatience !
No I have to disagree it's not. The difference was, and it may be hard to swallow, is that they had a manager who managed to sign decent players cheaply and sold a few on for more. He also inherited a solid English defence and played a continental style with the foreigners he bought. Football was different then and Dien (a cunt he may have been) had the foresight and bottle to hire him. Woolwich had been renowned for their unattractive football from chapman to mee to Graham. They won their trophies before moving into the emirates on a shoestring .
The won their last title in2004 and have won 2 trophies since being at emirates .
There were no Man City or Chelsea remember and basically just 2 teams to compete with.
From the time they decided on moving 98 until 12/13 they spent a net £2, 721,000
They were spending less than us and finishing 4th since moving. It's only the last few years they have paid off debts and have spent big and they have won 2 fa cups for it.
We are in a different time now. There are now 3 clubs more financially powerful than them and 4 than us.

Last edited:
No, the debate is you thinking you know how to run the club better than Levy. Then thinking that ex-players, managers and ''people in the media'' also know better than Levy. Especially during a period of rapid expansion to the infrastructure of the club.

You want to have your cake and eat it. You want to elevate our expenditure across all aspects of the footballing side of the business whilst we have a huge project going on. Woolwich were just as thrifty when they built the Deathstar and are now reaping the benefits.

You are impatient and that is it. All these thing you want will happen when our match day income skyrockets with the new stadium and the commercial money it brings in.

We need to act like a big club in regards to wages? We've just given most our 1st team squad a payrise.
We need to act like a big club in regards to transfers? We spent 5th most this past summer only behind City, Utd, Chelsea and Woolwich.

We need to act like a big club in regards to players? What players?
I'd argue they're not overly reaping the benefits. Have two great players in Sanchez and Ozil join the club and likely STILL won't win the league with them and now by virtue of having them have become reliant on them for creativity.

Anyway enough about the scum, how long can we expect the club to be frugal post stadium completion as to pay off what we need to? 5 years? More than that?

I'd argue they're not overly reaping the benefits. Have two great players in Sanchez and Ozil join the club and likely STILL won't win the league with them and now by virtue of having them have become reliant on them for creativity.

Anyway enough about the scum, how long can we expect the club to be frugal post stadium completion as to pay off what we need to? 5 years? More than that?
Probably longer if we don't get top 4 consistently. Porch was brought here for that reason. We would find it hard to replace him with any other who was willing to have the same handcuffs. Yet he is ok with coaching young players and bringing them through. What we need to get right is the recruitment side. In the past we have done well but imo some of those were not given a chance.
There are decent players out there for peanuts in today's market. More money doesn't mean better player. I also seriously believe that we have a decent chance of keeping the ones that make it now. That is the main thing. However if we unearth a £5m gem who is swayed by the lights of Manchester or Kings Road and really wants out, I doubt Daniel will mind picking up £40m + for them.

Probably longer if we don't get top 4 consistently. Porch was brought here for that reason. We would find it hard to replace him with any other who was willing to have the same handcuffs. Yet he is ok with coaching young players and bringing them through. What we need to get right is the recruitment side. In the past we have done well but imo some of those were not given a chance.
There are decent players out there for peanuts in today's market. More money doesn't mean better player. I also seriously believe that we have a decent chance of keeping the ones that make it now. That is the main thing. However if we unearth a £5m gem who is swayed by the lights of Manchester or Kings Road and really wants out, I doubt Daniel will mind picking up £40m + for them.
On the first part. I agree, it's my major point when United mates suggest Poch will get sacked this season by Levy. Poch is the perfect manager for where we are now and what our restraints short term will be.

2nd part. I think we need more attacking prowess in the squad and should be a focus on coming windows, preferably some more pace out wide too. Should be looking to give opportunities to players in the academy who fit that mold (if good enough of course).

I imagine we'll be splashing the season we get in there. We'll want to bring a good season to the first year in the new stadium.

Even so, our squad is so young, most of our players will be coming into their prime at that point.

No I have to disagree it's not. The difference was, and it may be hard to swallow, is that they had a manager who managed to sign decent players cheaply and sold a few on for more. He also inherited a solid English defence and played a continental style with the foreigners he bought. Football was different then and Dien (a cunt he may have been) had the foresight and bottle to hire him. Woolwich had been renowned for their unattractive football from chapman to mee to Graham. They won their trophies before moving into the emirates on a shoestring .
The won their last title in2004 and have won 2 trophies since being at emirates .
There were no Man City or Chelsea remember and basically just 2 teams to compete with.
From the time they decided on moving 98 until 12/13 they spent a net £2, 721,000
They were spending less than us and finishing 4th since moving. It's only the last few years they have paid off debts and have spent big and they have won 2 fa cups for it.
We are in a different time now. There are now 3 clubs more financially powerful than them and 4 than us.

Which 4 clubs are you referring to? I would count 5 (the two Manchester Clubs, Woolwich, Chelsea and Liverpool).

Incidentally, this is why the PL is such a tough beast. 5 of the 10 richest clubs in the world are in the PL. You have to spend as much as Juventus just to make it to the CL.

Whilst its great news, remember the myth banded about regarding Adebayor being a mercenary who only played well when wanting a new contract.....

Look at our form since everyone started signing new deals......

Back
Top Bottom