Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Time for a rest and battery recharge. One positive of England going out is that Kane, Alli, Dier, Walker and Rose can come back to pre-season a bit fresher.

Fuck England, The FA and Hodgson (he's at least done the honourable thing).

kane, just a shite forward who lost us the tournament, can't control the ball, free kicks and corners woeful who does he think he is Ronaldo, positional sense useless...hope he never plays again for England ...and you muppets all defending him

Account made today, first post slagging off Kane.

embarassed-for-u.gif

Dier has played 58 matches in total this season (4117mins) , Dele 52 (3289mins) - inc subs on & England. Kane has played 56 (3685mins)
That's 14 more times than Vardy (3185 mins played) but just 500mins more (8 games).
So why is nobody saying Dier and Ali need a fucking rest. Walker has played 3123 mins in total this season.
It's all bollocks.

No it isn't. None of Alli, Walker and Dier went to the u21's tournament, Kane did, he also played pretty much non-stop the year before for us due to Adebayor and Soldado not being trusted. Kane has now played pretty much non-stop football with little time to rest since the summer of 2014, no wonder he is shattered. Dier was a rotation player for us the season before last, didn't play as much compared to Kane, wasn't involved as much with England that year, also got a nice summer break. Same with Walker who spend a lot of his time injured that season and still rotated with Trippier this year. Alli did play quite a bit, but that was Ligue 1! And this year he got a timely break just before the tournament due to his suspension, it helps. Also, just 500 minutes? That's quite a bit if you ask me. Dier occasionaly plays DM and occasionaly CB, certainly the latter position is less energy consuming compared to a high-pressing and hard-working striker like Kane. Kane looks exhausted, how can people not see it. Also, team-mates at fault or formation fook-ups can't be the entire excuse either, different things have been tried.

Having felt so sorry for the 5 Spurs players out there... it makes you appreciate what having the rest of the Spurs players like Eriksen, Lamela, the Belgians and Lloris alongside them does for their confidence...
That's very rose tinted mate. There are other great players in that squad, just a complete void of effective leadership and vision.

A few people have said "who'd want to take the England job?"... I bloody would, we've got a very good squad to work with, it just needs somebody with leadership and a foot in this decade.

Don't worry Harry. You will have 60 ganes to put it all right next sesson.

Mo chance your club will seek to lift the burden on you. Not unless they can find a two bob striker on the cheap.

Kane will come again but needs to recover mentally and physically. Big big difference between international football and the Premier League which generally has aversge defenders.

Let's put it very simply, England were playing a 4231 with at times 3 or 4 strikers in it who naturally want to get their head down and score, none of them played the ball to eachother, no decent pass, no plan at all

Now Harry is back with Eriksen, Alli and Lamela giving him actual service and causing havoc, movement and creativity, hence the golden boot 6 weeks ago!!

It's going to get like that Juve/Italy defence and Buffon, another season where they play together and learn every move eachother make, not like Woy with completely random selections that nobody can work with, none of the England players looked interested

True, let's sell Alderweireld and Vertonghen for a tidy profit and get some international defenders in.

Wait

Mate, much as we capitulated a little as a club last season, Kane could have done no more. I have no issue with him but think he could well suffer a Euro hangover.

Part of his problem though and in my opinion is that too much is heaped on his shoulders. Too much expected of him and that is because at club level it is either him or no one.

Kane has a long way to go be top quality. The same with Alli. Both Walker and Rose were much more impressive in their respective positions which I put down to experience.

Kane has so much to learn which having other strikers at the club and sometines alongside him would make that much easier.

Too many on here along with specific England fans refuse anything otber than idolatry and then when it goes wrong resort instantly to insults. Like the pundits who flit in and out of platitudes to suit.

How many of these highly paid know alls were being critical and cautious before the tournament started?

That's very rose tinted mate. There are other great players in that squad, just a complete void of effective leadership and vision.

A few people have said "who'd want to take the England job?"... I bloody would, we've got a very good squad to work with, it just needs somebody with leadership and a foot in this decade.

Well I feel like being 'rose-tinted' ...there's not much to be rose-tinted about at the moment, so at least grant me my folly!!

Spurs will help get our England contingent back on track... and give them their confidence back.

TBH, the Spurs players merely continued our shocking form in the final 4 games of the season INTO the Euros... I'm surprised Woy didn't see that coming sooner...

Mate, much as we capitulated a little as a club last season, Kane could have done no more. I have no issue with him but think he could well suffer a Euro hangover.

Part of his problem though and in my opinion is that too much is heaped on his shoulders. Too much expected of him and that is because at club level it is either him or no one.

Kane has a long way to go be top quality. The same with Alli. Both Walker and Rose were much more impressive in their respective positions which I put down to experience.

Kane has so much to learn which having other strikers at the club and sometines alongside him would make that much easier.

Too many on here along with specific England fans refuse anything otber than idolatry and then when it goes wrong resort instantly to insults. Like the pundits who flit in and out of platitudes to suit.

How many of these highly paid know alls were being critical and cautious before the tournament started?
Strayed a bit from the defenders point, but I'd argue Kane wasn't helped trying to lead the line on his own with crap service from Sterling and Sturridge (Lallana was a bit better). If we had lined up in a 4-2-3-1 with Alli in the no 10 position behind Kane I think we would've seen a lot more from both of them.

Of course we need another striker to help take the pressure off him but we could've said that every day since the summer transfer window shut last year and continue to do so until (if) we sign someone.

I refuse to criticise Harry when he was playing in the same side as Sturridge, Sterling and Rooney managed by Woy.

Confidant he'll have another great season with us under Poch

:pochohshit:

Is it true he asked the ref last night "if 'we' (England) lost, they'd be out...?"
Some Icelandicer player saying that's what he heard in the tunnel...
Along with Joe Hart having a mental breakdown pre-match!

The English curse has struck again , make your most promising goal scorer a scapegoat because like all England forwards before him in the last 20 years he hasn't got going in a tournament, Owen and Rooney suffered the same fates, it's pathetic you get one chance every two games and then get slaughtered when your not the difference as an England striker.

Kane is not international level is the new one , WTF ? so he can bang them in against Woolwich , Manchester United, Chelsea , City etc for Spurs but he's not good enough to bang them in Against Russia , Wales , Slovakia or Iceland on the international stage , personally I'd question the set up rather than the strikers.

Well I feel like being 'rose-tinted' ...there's not much to be rose-tinted about at the moment, so at least grant me my folly!!

Spurs will help get our England contingent back on track... and give them their confidence back.

TBH, the Spurs players merely continued our shocking form in the final 4 games of the season INTO the Euros... I'm surprised Woy didn't see that coming sooner...
Sure thing buddy, have your wobble!

Agreed regards the players, Alli and Kane looked spent by the end of the season... Alli took a dip from March to be fair.

Hopefully enough time for them to get a little R&R before getting back to double sessions.

Back
Top Bottom