Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

to me it looks like England play all too similar to the Tottenham 'down the wings and cross it' under redknapp. Kane isn't used to those tactics and neither are half the squad

There is a difference between just running the most km and actually being sharp, fresh and have the intensity. Sure, Kane is trying as hard as he can, you can't fault his effort, which is why he covered the most ground in the first half. But if you actually see him play it's quite obvious he's lacking in the three things I just mentioned, certainly if you compare that to the Kane we saw a couple of months ago.
For me hie is struggling with his first touch, this is a big weapon for him, it's been so good it gives him the yard to get away from a marker or allow him to turn a defender. You might also call this sharpness or form or the fact he is playing along side Sterling who has been appalling and offered nothing. All these things can be seen and debated and I have no problem in doing so.

But until anyone can provide evidence to support that he is tired I will continue to challenge anyone who says that he is. Surely you must admit the same stats being.used all year to demonstrate our fitness can't be ignored now just to support Alan fucking Shearer and other shit red top papers?

People have short memories! This is a player that won the Golden Boot after being written off as a one season wonder. I have no doubt that he will come good in this tournament, if he is given some decent chances. Trouble is, people who can't think for themselves just spout what pundits/commentators/reporters come out with. If it wasn't for the fact that I like to hear the crowds, I'd turn the commentary off altogether.

I could have scored Vardy's goal ffs. It was gifted to him from a shit header back. If it had come off an England player, he was a yard offside. Sturridge got a lucky break through on more shit defending & beat the keeper at the near post. I'd have probably scored that one too. Harry would have buried both chances. He was handicapped by that useless cunt Sterling.

Like I said elsewhere, I don't care if England drop him for the next game, or the one after that. If he gets a rest, then it will do him good & in consequence do Spurs good.

As a side thought, a "poor tournament" from him means less interest from other clubs trying to turn his head perhaps?

He's not going to shine in every game he plays, but if he's going to have a bit of an off spell, then thank fuck it's for England & not Spurs.

People have short memories! This is a player that won the Golden Boot after being written off as a one season wonder. I have no doubt that he will come good in this tournament, if he is given some decent chances. Trouble is, people who can't think for themselves just spout what pundits/commentators/reporters come out with. If it wasn't for the fact that I like to hear the crowds, I'd turn the commentary off altogether.

Sorry, but I watched Kane play three times for the England u21's last summer and he was absolutely as knackered as he looks now. I don't have a short memory, that's exactly why I know how good he was this season when not knackered.

England actually have several good forwards and there is no reason they cannot rest Harry. I have faith that he will get goals if England progresses, however it is good squad management to sub , rest and rotate where appropriate. I would love to see him paired with Sturridge later on in the competition.

Alan Shearer is paid to make comments but some of his comments are hard to take from the guy that "retired internationally," straight after Euro 96 having finally come good. He did receive a lot of stick before hand so his seeming lack of understanding is surprising.

Roy has surprised me by making a lot of good decisions, someone else made some good points regarding how well he is doing and it really resonated.

Dier has played 58 matches in total this season (4117mins) , Dele 52 (3289mins) - inc subs on & England. Kane has played 56 (3685mins)
That's 14 more times than Vardy (3185 mins played) but just 500mins more (8 games).
So why is nobody saying Dier and Ali need a fucking rest. Although when the media roar for Wilshere begins Ali maybe will. Even though Wilshere is not match fit having played just 153mins of football this season over 7 apps!
Walker has played 3123 mins in total this season.
It's all bollocks.
I really don't care if Kane plays or not. To be honest after what happened to Moose today I really wouldn't mind if none of ur players started for England. We are on course for some injuries, and they have more chance of happening to a team that has 4 starting.
It just sickens me that Kane has been made a scapegoat for having been ordered to take set pieces he should be getting on the end of and having a cunt like Sterling to try and play off of.
I wouldn't mind if he'd been playing completely shit and missed chances he should have buried.
He was getting no space as Sterling and, to an extent, Lalana ( although great defensively) were playing too narrow and not giving him much if anything. The one time Lalana dd Kane found him and sterling fucked it. Although it would have been better if the the two combined for Kane.
This in turn made Ali ineffective. You could see how much more space Ali had once Sturridge spread their shape & gave their back line something to think about. Even more so when Rashford came on.

Last edited:
Dier and Ali don't look tired. I thought Harry has looked tired a various points in the PL season. Fatigue is not just physical, Harry has been vital to Spurs and England U21 and England. He is a fantastic player and will produce the goods in this tournament and for us again next season.

For me though it is not essential that he plays every match for England and I happen to think England have good striking options and tactically they offer different things. The corner thing is not of any real consequence. If England are to progress then squad management will be a part. Sterling has been out of sorts but he is still very young and may yet develop into a real player.

I feel for the kid to be honest. A victim of his own success and because of that he will be required to put his boots on every month of the year.

When does he get a break, when can he just go and sit by a pool with a beer in his hand and have a giggle with his mates like all lads of that age do?
I'm not convinced he is that tired, he is young and an athlete, he will deal with that, he is probably bored stiff of football and just wants to have a break from it.
Being relied upon as he is will take it's toll on anyone and he should be rotated with the others, just to give him a rest from the intensity and pressure of a nations' expectations.
He should learn a few things from Sturridge and use football to his advantage and feign a few injuries from time to time.

Random thoughts here as I've been off a few weeks..,,I doubt if Kane is tired going into a game, but being isolated and chasing defenders must take some snap off his turns. When the midfield doesn't support, his productivity drops to what he did for us in the last month. The problem now is that Rooney can't tackle, so a lot of the quick recovery behind HK is gone.

A lot of good points made about the vardy comparison - there is none! A striker chasing by himself has nothing in common with 3 strikers in front of a team in flat out attack mode

I would love to see HK and Sturridge start, or any support at all to be honest.

The thought that he might lose his spot because he didn't score in a few games is pissing me off. How many games did Rooneys drought run?

In those statistics of touches and passes, anybody have the number of free kicks he won? It seemed to me that he was so much hung out to dry by himself that the best option most of the time was to go down and get the kick.

Anyway I hope he does get a rest and come back stronger but having Woy try to bolt half our team into some half thought scheme that changes every game is pointless. So the quicker we exit the better for Spurs

Dier and Ali don't look tired. I thought Harry has looked tired a various points in the PL season. Fatigue is not just physical, Harry has been vital to Spurs and England U21 and England. He is a fantastic player and will produce the goods in this tournament and for us again next season.

For me though it is not essential that he plays every match for England and I happen to think England have good striking options and tactically they offer different things. The corner thing is not of any real consequence. If England are to progress then squad management will be a part. Sterling has been out of sorts but he is still very young and may yet develop into a real player.
Maybe, but when has Harry Kane come deep, made a crucial pass and ran at breakneck speed to get into the box? That one was of the video highlights they used to justify the 'tired' mantra.
"he should be pelting into the box to get onto the end of that cross, look where he is'.
That was typical Harry Kane, who has come deep, as he does for Spurs, to link up/start moves. You never saw him running like usain bolt to get into the box earlier in the season for us. Anyone who has watched him regularly will know this.
Kane can make his own goals and usually plays off the last man. He comes deep as he is good at creating too. He has no lightning pace. Never has had.
Give him a rest. I don't mind. Give Ali, Walker, Rose and Dier a rest too.

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't understand the tired nonsense. All the top players log in heavy minutes each year (Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, Suarez, Bale, Hazard etc) That's a poor excuse for his performances.

The problem is he's not getting enough touches on the ball, part of that is because he's not involving himself in the build up. The other is England create a lot through our fullbacks and putting balls into the box forgetting Kane is no Drogba, how many goals has he scored this season through crosses from out wide?

Playing him with Vardy the flavour of the month would be idiotic, he needs to be paired with Sturridge who's going to be looking to link up with Kane at all times. Hopefully, Woy doesn't bow in to media pressure & drop him. An in form Kane is the only way we're going far this summer. Him & Sturridge are by far the best players in the team.

All it takes is for Kane to be dropped, then come on and score and equaliser or winner and people will question why he didn't start. It's fickle fans of other clubs.

Vardy did fuck all when he come on, just had one lucky opportunity which he finished, Kane would of done the same. Other than that he did nothing.. Not as many touches as Kane, a worse pass percentage.. But at the moment then sun shines out his arse so he can't do wrong. If he doesn't score and has a shit game against Slovakia then fans will say the same about him as they have about Kane.
Its not even just fickle.Its just blind hatred for us.
On another teams forum,they have been calling for Dier and Alli to be dropped. Admittedly, others have called them out on it. But many agreed

Yeah, I don't understand the tired nonsense. All the top players log in heavy minutes each year (Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, Suarez, Bale, Hazard etc) That's a poor excuse for his performances.

The problem is he's not getting enough touches on the ball, part of that is because he's not involving himself in the build up. The other is England create a lot through our fullbacks and putting balls into the box forgetting Kane is no Drogba, how many goals has he scored this season through crosses from out wide?

Playing him with Vardy the flavour of the month would be idiotic, he needs to be paired with Sturridge who's going to be looking to link up with Kane at all times. Hopefully, Woy doesn't bow in to media pressure & drop him. An in form Kane is the only way we're going far this summer. Him & Sturridge are by far the best players in the team.
I'm glad Woy has publicly stated that Kane is not suffering from burn out, fatigue or is indeed any more tired than any other player who has been used regularly over the season.
Now these cunts on TV can stop making up stuff about Kane to suit their personal preferences.
My God, these ex footballers actually played the game, but to hear the shit some come out with sometimes you'd think not.
They continually contradict themselves.
I suppose that's why they choose the easier option and don't go into/avoid management.
When is Alan Shearer going back into management?

Its not even just fickle.Its just blind hatred for us.
On another teams forum,they have been calling for Dier and Alli to be dropped. Admittedly, others have called them out on it. But many agreed
Yeah, that's why it's best to steer clear of places like the r/soccer subreddit.
It's an echo-chamber of shite.
regardless of whether Kane is fucked or not, its clear that Alan Shearer is a fucking cunt.
Weird that. Especially considering that Kane and Shearer were having a love in only a few months ago (including Kane adopting his goal celebration).

If Harry comes on and scores later, I hope he decides to do something else (windmilling his dick next to the corner flag perhaps?)

Yeah, that's why it's best to steer clear of places like the r/soccer subreddit.
It's an echo-chamber of shite.

Weird that. Especially considering that Kane and Shearer were having a love in only a few months ago (including Kane adopting his goal celebration).

If Harry comes on and scores later, I hope he decides to do something else (windmilling his dick next to the corner flag perhaps?)
I hope he sticks his thumbs into a pretend pair of braces and dances like Chas n Dave.
F**k everyone else .We're Tottenham

Back
Top Bottom