Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

btw I'm not talking about you specifically Boltonspur Boltonspur , and I do somewhat agree with your analysis, but the large segment of fans that go nuts when he posts a picture of himself on a plane is exactly the problem... It feeds into the atmosphere and the players will feel it, every single year.

Challenging for the league, likely to continue in cups, fantastic manager, great team (big difference to a Berbatov who is better than his teammates situation), CL probably, new stadium coming, why would he want to leave? As long as we are progressing and challenging I see no reason anyone would want to leave.

He'll leave, but not yet. A player of his talent is bigger than us, new stadium or not. We could win the league five years straight and we still wouldn't be a Barcelona or Madrid.

I think the direction we are going in means there is more incentive for him to stay for a few seasons and work on his game. But I think people are in denial if they assume he won't one day be tempted by the prospect of yearly CL runs and £300k a week. Same for Deli Alli. That's just the way modern football is and I'm afraid we aren't at the top of the tree and won't be after the new stadium is built. This is even more the case for a striker as the career best form for a striker is arguably shorter than other positions.

I don't know why fans delude themselves into believing romantic fairytales. Those days are gone. They only set themselves up for heartache.

Every single time Kane is interviewed he drops subtle hints about the fact he's going to stay here. Not sure why people still think he may leave; he's been at Tottenham half his life, and that's no exaggeration. Signed at 11. It wouldn't be easy to turn your back on that.

He'll stay. I think he listens to what Poch says about building a legacy and being remembered and wants that for him self.

Lets be honest here. In ten years time he could have a stand of the new stadium named after him.

He'll leave, but not yet. A player of his talent is bigger than us, new stadium or not. We could win the league five years straight and we still wouldn't be a Barcelona or Madrid.

I think the direction we are going in means there is more incentive for him to stay for a few seasons and work on his game. But I think people are in denial if they assume he won't one day be tempted by the prospect of yearly CL runs and £300k a week. Same for Deli Alli. That's just the way modern football is and I'm afraid we aren't at the top of the tree and won't be after the new stadium is built. This is even more the case for a striker as the career best form for a striker is arguably shorter than other positions.

I don't know why fans delude themselves into believing romantic fairytales. Those days are gone. They only set themselves up for heartache.

Aye, I'm sure he's staring at United and Chelsea right now with pure envy, with their "300k wage and year CL runs".

The football ground has evolved past the state of the top 4 clubs getting anyone they want. People shitting on Spurs and fearing players leaving are in the past.

If Kane leaves, we'll replace him. I believe we're becoming like Athletico Madrid in that sense; whoever we lose, we'll replace.

Yeah I think it's inevitable he would eventually leave for Barca or Madrid. The fact is none of the Premier league teams are up to those two teams and if they want you, they usually get you. Even if you play for the Manchester United which has been the best English team in the league for the past 20 years (minus the last couple).

I'm just going to appreciate the time he is with us, be it for one more season or to the end of his career. He seems to have a sensible approach to football and life in general and his genuine affection for the club will hopefully keep him with us

Aye, I'm sure he's staring at United and Chelsea right now with pure envy, with their "300k wage and year CL runs".

The football ground has evolved past the state of the top 4 clubs getting anyone they want. People shitting on Spurs and fearing players leaving are in the past.

If Kane leaves, we'll replace him. I believe we're becoming like Athletico Madrid in that sense; whoever we lose, we'll replace.
Yeah, keep on living the delusion.

People never fucking learn.

To be honest it's Pochettino that would worry me most going, he has implemented a good philosophy and team ethic and if he left some of our players probably would go as well. While he stays with his vision that I think our squad has bought into we have a good chance of keeping most our best players. More importantly we are
Not totally reliant on on one player although we are admittley light up front.

Changing a manager means changing a system often, rebuilding the squad into the new managers image, it's painful and our constant hiring and firing over the years and poor selection of managers has hindered our progress greatly. Now we have a really good one it just feels like the progress of the club and even of the players like Alli and Kane rest on his shoulders.

I'm not sure Kane is good enough for barca or real Madrid. He might leave for one of the other top bpl teams, but not if we make the progress that I hope we make. But if he does, we will have shit loads of cash to reinvest more wisely now we actually have a scouting network

I honestly think kane looks at how the players are treated over in Spain and has said fuck that shit I'm gonna be the next shearer without the unfortunate hair line. Alli on the other hand I think will be tempted to go in a few years

Alli is a shoe in for a team like Real Madrid or Pep's FC Bayern (yeah I know Pep is leaving).

Think we have him for at least 1-2½ seasons though,

Every single time Kane is interviewed he drops subtle hints about the fact he's going to stay here. Not sure why people still think he may leave; he's been at Tottenham half his life, and that's no exaggeration. Signed at 11. It wouldn't be easy to turn your back on that.

He'll stay. I think he listens to what Poch says about building a legacy and being remembered and wants that for him self.

Lets be honest here. In ten years time he could have a stand of the new stadium named after him.

A lot of this is caused by ignorant media types like Alan shearer who know fuck all about our club so can only say ' will spurs hold on to him?' ...........

To be honest it's Pochettino that would worry me most going, he has implemented a good philosophy and team ethic and if he left some of our players probably would go as well. While he stays with his vision that I think our squad has bought into we have a good chance of keeping most our best players. More importantly we are
Not totally reliant on on one player although we are admittley light up front.

Changing a manager means changing a system often, rebuilding the squad into the new managers image, it's painful and our constant hiring and firing over the years and poor selection of managers has hindered our progress greatly. Now we have a really good one it just feels like the progress of the club and even of the players like Alli and Kane rest on his shoulders.
Soooo agree with every word of this post, I think I would actually cry if he left us.

Kane is 14 goals away from being our all time top European goal scorer and 60 away from being our all time Premier league top scorer... This is less than 2 seasons into his career...

He is 3 behind Gareth Bales league total and 9 ahead of Berbatov in a shorter time period.

What a delight this guy is.

Kane is 14 goals away from being our all time top European goal scorer and 60 away from being our all time Premier league top scorer... This is less than 2 seasons into his career...

He is 3 behind Gareth Bales league total and 9 ahead of Berbatov in a shorter time period.

What a delight this guy is.
Okay

Back
Top Bottom