Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just heard on SSN the FA plan is to get the England players together as soon as the season ends and keep them all the way through to the tournament. By the time England gets knocked out on penalties, Harry will basically have been playing solidly for nearly 2 years due to last summers under 21 tournament. If he's still walking by that point it will be Spurs that pay the price beginning of next season.

Just heard on SSN the FA plan is to get the England players together as soon as the season ends and keep them all the way through to the tournament. By the time England gets knocked out on penalties, Harry will basically have been playing solidly for nearly 2 years due to last summers under 21 tournament. If he's still walking by that point it will be Spurs that pay the price beginning of next season.
hopefully enggland get pounded in the group stages then

One season wonder.
post-60377-roman-holiday-audrey-hepburn-s-Qjxc.gif

He was unplayable in the first half. His touches, passing and overall link up play was just outstanding. Great finish for the second goal and hit the post twice. Up to 15 league goals now, level on Lukaku and three behind Vardy - wouldn't surprise me if he ends up getting the golden boot to be honest.

What a player.

Just saw a stat that Harry is statistically our deadliest ever front man- 39 goals in 70 appearances I think it was, strike rate of 1.79.
Just ahead of Klinsman on 1.93 (29 in 56) and then Sheringham on 2.43 (97 in 236)

Haven't checked, but that's quite something if it's right.
Although Dean Marney was high on the chart with 2 in 8- both on one game against Everton if memory serves...

Just saw a stat that Harry is statistically our deadliest ever front man- 39 goals in 70 appearances I think it was, strike rate of 1.79.
Just ahead of Klinsman on 1.93 (29 in 56) and then Sheringham on 2.43 (97 in 236)

Haven't checked, but that's quite something if it's right.
Although Dean Marney was high on the chart with 2 in 8- both on one game against Everton if memory serves...

Indeed. His official Premier League record for us is 39 goals in 70 games so far which is incredible in itself. However it does contain quite a few subbed appearances from 2 and 3 seasons back.

His record since his first start under Pochettino is 36 goals in 52 games. Unbelievable. That ratio is up there with the very, very best that has ever played in the Premier League. Add to that his overall play and influence on the team.

He really is like Sheringham and Klinsmann rolled into one openmouthed beauty.

And what happens if those players want out too?

Don't be daft - Levy has ALWAYS sold our best players. If Kane wants to go to Barca and they want him in the summer - not a fuck we can keep him. Reality check, please.
Total different landscape in epl now. The tv money has leveled things out so much. The usual top4-6 sides can't
Poach who they like from the rest of the league. The TV money hasn't made a substantial difference to the biggest clubs but to clubs like WBA, Everton and Stoke etc.. And even us it has. Players like Stones, Berahino saw massive bids turned down. Clubs who used to sell players to balance books, turn profit in past are telling the bigger fish to fuck off.

I digress but I feel it would take a ridiculous Bale type fee to get one of our top assets now

Indeed. His official Premier League record for us is 39 goals in 70 games so far which is incredible in itself. However it does contain quite a few subbed appearances from 2 and 3 seasons back.

His record since his first start under Pochettino is 36 goals in 52 games. Unbelievable. That ratio is up there with the very, very best that has ever played in the Premier League....
That period includes the first 13 games of the season when he scored 1. It's amusing how much angst there was on this board in that spell. But everyone has ups and downs in scoring even when playing really well (and I think he was). Pity poor old Hazard (zero goals) who pipped Harry for player of the year - compared to that, Harry is Mr. Consistent

Total different landscape in epl now. The tv money has leveled things out so much. The usual top4-6 sides can't
Poach who they like from the rest of the league. The TV money hasn't made a substantial difference to the biggest clubs but to clubs like WBA, Everton and Stoke etc.. And even us it has. Players like Stones, Berahino saw massive bids turned down. Clubs who used to sell players to balance books, turn profit in past are telling the bigger fish to fuck off.

I digress but I feel it would take a ridiculous Bale type fee to get one of our top assets now
This is a really interesting potential effect of the TV money. SO much money has been spent on bang average players recently, and as you say, no one really *needs* to sell. Berahino situation would never have happened a couple of years ago realistically. So now everyone has so much money, it has made it REALLY important clubs bring through young talent instead. ironic really.
Mig be worn buying shares based on that. I'm not sure Utd wil have another £250 million lined up for the next manager. Who is one of the bright points of their season? Lingard. In fact, most of the players making headlines this season are youngsters or people brought in very cheaply.

This is a really interesting potential effect of the TV money. SO much money has been spent on bang average players recently, and as you say, no one really *needs* to sell. Berahino situation would never have happened a couple of years ago realistically. So now everyone has so much money, it has made it REALLY important clubs bring through young talent instead. ironic really.
Mig be worn buying shares based on that. I'm not sure Utd wil have another £250 million lined up for the next manager. Who is one of the bright points of their season? Lingard. In fact, most of the players making headlines this season are youngsters or people brought in very cheaply.
Martial, mate. That kid is something special, just imagine if we had actually signed him this summer. We had the option to do so for 20m, actually

He could work on his vision in the box when he has the chance to pass instead of shooting from a poor angle. However, he is still young and in form and it isn't a massive issue yet.

Martial, mate. That kid is something special, just imagine if we had actually signed him this summer. We had the option to do so for 20m, actually

Oh, no doubt he's got quality and potential, but when people look back at this season he won't be a stand out. Vardy, Mahrez, Kane, Alli, Ighalo, maybe delofeu some of theStoke players,And in a more low key way Dier, Toby, Kante, drinkwater. All brought through or bought for relatively low prices. Who can challenge that lot in terms of big money buys? De Bruyne maybe?

My point is that if I'm a chairman, I'm thinking Martial will cost me about £50 million after add ons, and he's been ok. The risk/reward ratio is not good, and that has been born out multiple times recently with a lot of Marquis signings.

Back
Top Bottom