Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He could work on his vision in the box when he has the chance to pass instead of shooting from a poor angle. However, he is still young and in form and it isn't a massive issue yet.

Do you have an example? I actually think his awareness and decision making regarding shooting from difficult angles is quite good. He has assisted/scored a lot when he shoots from a 'poor angle'.

Example from yesterday: This could be considered a poor angle I guess.

(yes I know this didn't went in and perhaps Son was a better option. But still ... Harry has a quility shot. Even from difficult angles he scores a lot.)

Do you have an example? I actually think his awareness and decision making regarding shooting from difficult angles is quite good. He has assisted/scored a lot when he shoots from a 'poor angle'.

Example from yesterday: This could be considered a poor angle I guess.

(yes I know this didn't went in and perhaps Son was a better option. But still ... Harry has a quility shot. Even from difficult angles he scores a lot.)
Son wasn't open for the pass there, it was a great attempt and Harry was very unlucky not to score there

I agree the new TV deal is a leveller, and although we possibly don`t NEED the money as such,
what do we do when City/United are desperate for an english homegrown player, and says Kane
will get £250k+ a week to play there.
If they match that with a Baleesque offer fee wise, I`m not so sure it will be easy to hang on to him.
Guess what I`m trying to say is at one point Levy would have to look at what we`re willing to pay in max salary if we are to keep Kane longer than a season or 2.

I agree the new TV deal is a leveller, and although we possibly don`t NEED the money as such,
what do we do when City/United are desperate for an english homegrown player, and says Kane
will get £250k+ a week to play there.
If they match that with a Baleesque offer fee wise, I`m not so sure it will be easy to hang on to him.
Guess what I`m trying to say is at one point Levy would have to look at what we`re willing to pay in max salary if we are to keep Kane longer than a season or 2.

I just think with a guy like Kane, we might be in luck that it doesn't matter.

If the big money clubs come asking for him, we can probably offer him at least 5 million pounds a year here.. then personal sponsor deals on the side..

That means he and his family can live like kings while he's living the dream in the club he loves, around players and staff he loves.

Not only that, he is one of the very few who can get in the history books as a true and talented club legend - that's a rarity these days, and I think he'd want that.

With some of the guys in our squad right now, especially Kane, I still feel like there's a bit of 'romance' left in this cynical business.

If I was Kane I'd be saying to levy he can cap my wages on 50k per week for the next 5 years so go and take the money you're saving on me and get me someone shit hot to play alongside

If I was Kane I'd be saying to levy he can cap my wages on 50k per week for the next 5 years so go and take the money you're saving on me and get me someone shit hot to play alongside

Kane knows Levy, lol. Doubt he would trust him with that an arrangement like that one.
Kane: Eh, Daniel... Is that a new car you've bought again? And why have we re-signed Bassong? :llorishuh:

Levy: Eh, what? This old thing. No, no. I've had this in the garage for years.. :levyeyes:

Kane: :eriksenserious:

And Henderson was chosen for the cover of FIFA 16 ahead of him...
:kanehand:

So help me god, if they decide to put it to a public vote again...
Good one. Forgot about that. Actually I think the way the media kiss arse with other "top" strikers is a good thing. Far better to just cruise along, just twenty or so league goals a season, just top scorer in England over the year, and not be such transfer bait. At some point surely a sensible bloke would anyway rather stay with their own club, make more money than they can spend and have the fans' support than go to Madrid and get booed most weeks?

I honestly think kane looks at how the players are treated over in Spain and has said fuck that shit I'm gonna be the next shearer without the unfortunate hair line. Alli on the other hand I think will be tempted to go in a few years

I honestly think kane looks at how the players are treated over in Spain and has said fuck that shit I'm gonna be the next shearer without the unfortunate hair line. Alli on the other hand I think will be tempted to go in a few years

Kane is all rounder but very level headed, if you where marking him out of 10 he would get 8 for basically every category he might not have Aguero's control but I don't see any weakness in his game, he loves the club and can be our talisman for the next decade.

Alli is a very unique player, to score the goals he has scored this season such as against Everton, Crystal Palace and France takes a exceptionally gifted footballer. He would be a 10/10 for natural talent, he also seems fearless and a bit cocky which can be a benefit, hard to say if he would be tempted to go. Really depends if we can become a regular top 4 team and give him incentive to stay but I don't see him leaving in the short term as he is only 19.

I'm loving all the optimism here but let's not get carried away. The clubs ambition has to match his own. The lad is a winner. He grafted himself into the position he is in after numerous loan moves & kicks in the poundland. If a regular CL team offers him silly money it will become too tempting if he isn't picking up medals with us. No matter how much he loves Spurs. Players like him don't hang around winning fuck all. The shearer days are dead & buried. The hangers on to a team of nearly men.

He will guide us to a trophy this season (put your money on it chaps) & will stay another year. But we need to maintain this momentum to keep him into his prime years.

I just can't see Harry Kane as a "happy to finish 5th every year" kind of guy.

Back
Top Bottom