Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Said Bale Force.

f970658ead.png

Really like what I've been seeing from the hurricane in the last year.

This could be a vital season for him and I wonder if we'll keep him around or ship him on loan to another prem side again, where I feel he'll do well.

I think he's the first striker that we've brought through the ranks to do anything of note at all In the whole time I've supported spurs. I think Rory Allen, Steve slade and Neil fenn probably come closest. Crouch did fuck all at spurs when he can through so he doesn't count.

Completely arbitrarily I'm setting Harry Kane a target of 10 goals in all comps plus 4 assists.

I think if he makes those numbers this year we could really have a player on our hands.

I think he'd develop best getting game time with us. But whether he'd get enough, I don't know. Might be he needs to go on loan in order to get enough playing time, but I'd want him at at the right club - somewhere he will play week in week out with some decent provision from midfield.

He's got a part to play this season as 3rd choice forward. He's surprised me with his passing, I think he's the kind of young player who could really develop under Pochettino. Few appearances in the Europa League and possibly cup games to give him a chance and I hope he'd be happier staying here and training with the first team rather than out on loan again.

He's got a part to play this season as 3rd choice forward. He's surprised me with his passing, I think he's the kind of young player who could really develop under Pochettino. Few appearances in the Europa League and possibly cup games to give him a chance and I hope he'd be happier staying here and training with the first team rather than out on loan again.

IMO Soldado's form in the league should make him fight for his place behind Kane. I don't want Soldado with all of his mental baggage impacting young players like Lamela, Eriksen, Kane etc when the going gets tough in the prem. Defenses have had a much harder time in the league tangling with Kane vs the easy time they had with Soldado.

IMO Soldado's form in the league should make him fight for his place behind Kane. I don't want Soldado with all of his mental baggage impacting young players like Lamela, Eriksen, Kane etc when the going gets tough in the prem. Defenses have had a much harder time in the league tangling with Kane vs the easy time they had with Soldado.

To be fair we have to give all our players even Soldado a chance, at least now we have a proper manager rather than the AVB/Sherwood circus, maybe this season we can make a better judgement. Agree though that Kane was better than Soldado last season, with Kane on the pitch it was like we had a real striker.

Yep, I too have become a Kane convert. Never thought he'd make it at Spurs, but I think and hope this season he'll prove me wrong. Based on what I've seen so far pre-season, I'd start him against West Ham, and don't see him as a 3rd choice at all. To me he's he's a first choice forward who should play a lot of games this season.

Potential LW solution?

Perhaps false winger, he doesn't have the pace of an out and out winger but I suppose when you look at David Silva, Nasri, Eriksen they start on the wing and come in to link up with the striker.

He does have a good brain, I think he looks best as a support striker, Teddy Sheringham style perhaps.

I'd rather give Soldado the benefit of the doubt, he's had a years experience in the league and under a new system we could get the best out of him. He was disappointing last year but I didn't think he was as bad as some people think.

Kane also benefited from starting up front alongside Adebayor - Soldado was slogging away up front on his own with fuck all service for the majority of the season. The few times he did score from open play, he didn't get many chances like that to put away. Not taking all the blame away from him, but I'd definitely be starting him. If he can get a good understanding going with Lamela I'd probably have him starting in front of Adebayor until he's back to full fitness.

I'd start both Kane and Soldado v West Ham. Unless Ade impresses v Schalke, then it's a difficult call.

To me ATM, our front 6 for Hammers is RS HK SL LH CE EC.

The season is long but I very much see Soldado Kane and Ade all as first choice forwards.

I'd rather give Soldado the benefit of the doubt, he's had a years experience in the league and under a new system we could get the best out of him. He was disappointing last year but I didn't think he was as bad as some people think.

Kane also benefited from starting up front alongside Adebayor - Soldado was slogging away up front on his own with fuck all service for the majority of the season. The few times he did score from open play, he didn't get many chances like that to put away. Not taking all the blame away from him, but I'd definitely be starting him. If he can get a good understanding going with Lamela I'd probably have him starting in front of Adebayor until he's back to full fitness.

I agree that Soldado and Ade will be better for Soldado than it was last season with the Townsends etc linking up with him.

I think playing Kane and Ade is safer long term and short term. And even then Soldado will get a lot of games because it's a physical game. It's those opportunities he has to grasp and prove himself in the prem for me.

I really liked what I saw from Kane last season. He might not have the flashy pace and acceleration of Welbeck and Sturridge, and might thus not be sees as having the same potential. But this guy can score, ulike Welbeck, and can pass to others, ulike Sturridge.

In a good, offensive team, he can be a good supporting striker. 10+ goals this season?

Back
Top Bottom