Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really nice to finally have a home grown striker that actually affects games consistently. Since I've supported spurs our few descent players that have come all the way through the ranks have mostly been defenders or uninspiring midfielders

Neale Fenn will be spinning in his career grave!

Does Crouchy not count, anyhow?

dRKWUxr.png

My song is being sung in a TOILET now?? FFS... what next, on Bin day at The Emirates??

I've been pretty critical of Kane - up until recently I've thought he looked shit, couldn't finish, slow and cumbersome. Now that he's got abit of game confidence I see a real difference. He's not blowing my mind, but is looking a decent player. I wonder if he will continue to develop - I'm thinking fucking optimistcally I accept - that perhaps he could be an Alan Shearer. Alan, apart from a hatrick on his debut (against the scum!) wasn't particularly prolific to begin with, and it took him a couple of seasons to really perform. THen he went to Blackburn and the rest is history. Or he could just be Andy Booth.

As long as he's happy being a rotated player and continues to score the odd goal or two, we couldn't really ask for a better back up. Young, English and seems quite likeable.

I've been pretty critical of Kane - up until recently I've thought he looked shit, couldn't finish, slow and cumbersome. Now that he's got abit of game confidence I see a real difference. He's not blowing my mind, but is looking a decent player. I wonder if he will continue to develop - I'm thinking fucking optimistcally I accept - that perhaps he could be an Alan Shearer. Alan, apart from a hatrick on his debut (against the scum!) wasn't particularly prolific to begin with, and it took him a couple of seasons to really perform. THen he went to Blackburn and the rest is history. Or he could just be Andy Booth.

Funnily enough I was thinking he reminded me of shearer when watching the Fulham game highlights. Seems to work himself into goalscoring positions a lot, strong in the air and ha a decent shot from range. Too early to suggest he'll be as good but here's hoping.

He may or may not go on to have a great Spurs career but what's not to like about one of our own getting a chance and doing his best to grasp it.

Like he says he's got a massive pride in pulling on the Spurs shirt and ultimately I respect and admire that much more than a big name mercenary.

Seems to work himself into goalscoring positions a lot, strong in the air and ha a decent shot from range. Too early to suggest he'll be as good but here's hoping.
No surprise that his hero is Teddy Sheringham then. You don't need much pace if you've got positional brains.

I am delighted that he has had a run in the team, and taking that opportunity. As has been mentioned, if he can play a role for the team in a rotation with whomever we have next season, I really do believe he can be a 10-15 goal a season player - more if his development continues. That said, the needs the fans to be on his side; patience and support will see him be a significant player for us.

Good call not sending him out on a loan. Would be mental if he's not at Spurs for the coming 2/3 seasons.
(That is, because we're not gonna sign a bunch of top strikers!)

Back
Top Bottom