Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

O4o4npU.jpg

The other two stories on here are also a good laugh!

Harry Kane just keeps on scoring. He has this game in a few days, another 8 for us yet. How many goals will he finish the season with? Every big CL club is going to be bidding for him this summer. Luckily, as he's a yid, we can all just laugh!
:levyeyes:

We have hit the jackpot again. After Poch (a likeable/professional with the press/attacking minded/believer in youngsters coach), we have a marketing dream in Harry Kane.

He is definitely one of the most likeable players in recent times to rise up into the spotlight. There's this weird feeling of nostalgia and good old times about him which combining with his "Roy of the Rovers" image makes him a marketing dream. And dare I say his good looks (squint your eyes and he looks like Ryan Gosling!) is also going to be a huge factor! You could feel the buzz around Wembley when he about to come on which is absolutely incredible!

We sell him, we lose our one of our biggest chances to hit big time in terms of marketing Spurs. Selling Bale was a monumental cockup more than just in terms of football as he was also quite marketable. With Kane it is the same. He is a Spurs boy. He came up through the club. He's as English as it gets. If we sell him in the next 6-7 years, we have officially given up. And to be honest, Levy will not sell him unless Harry forces a move, no matter how much money is on offer. So I think Harry is going to be here for a while.

The problem is, teams like Madrid don't only go after good players, but also players with high marketable images. So I am sure they will try hard to get him. Hopefully he resists the temptation to join a team where his only job is to polish Ronaldo's knob and get his car kicked by passionate supporters who are totally not idiots.

We have hit the jackpot again. After Poch (a likeable/professional with the press/attacking minded/believer in youngsters coach), we have a marketing dream in Harry Kane.

He is definitely one of the most likeable players in recent times to rise up into the spotlight. There's this weird feeling of nostalgia and good old times about him which combining with his "Roy of the Rovers" image makes him a marketing dream. And dare I say his good looks (squint your eyes and he looks like Ryan Gosling!) is also going to be a huge factor! You could feel the buzz around Wembley when he about to come on which is absolutely incredible!

We sell him, we lose our one of our biggest chances to hit big time in terms of marketing Spurs. Selling Bale was a monumental cockup more than just in terms of football as he was also quite marketable. With Kane it is the same. He is a Spurs boy. He came up through the club. He's as English as it gets. If we sell him in the next 6-7 years, we have officially given up. And to be honest, Levy will not sell him unless Harry forces a move, no matter how much money is on offer. So I think Harry is going to be here for a while.

The problem is, teams like Madrid don't only go after good players, but also players with high marketable images. So I am sure they will try hard to get him. Hopefully he resists the temptation to join a team where his only job is to polish Ronaldo's knob and get his car kicked by passionate supporters who are totally not idiots.

The fans don't realize that they are only putting players off by doing that shit. From what I can tell Real Madrid fans are like that spoiled bellend at school who would kick up a fuss when everything didn't go his/her way. Bale will be at United next year. But I don't care we have the messiah so all is good.

Couldn't be bothered to watch the game last night when I saw the team put out to start, so watched Eastenders instead! However turned telly over just at the right time to see Harry come on and score, so proud! Have no idea who voted for Man of the Match - what a joke! Little disappointed that Harry chose this as the best moment in his life so far - surely that had to be his brace against Woolwich! Maybe he was just being tactful, as his delight at scoring the winner in the NLD was written all over his face.

That's a bit unfair considering we have five players in the squad including Townsend and Walker...

For me, it is tactical ineptitude. He's decided he wants to play a safe 4-3-3 and is like oh well how am I going to get Kane in there because I have to play Rooney as he is captain. He'll probably throw Sterling out on the right as well where he has been struggling in a place that is clearly no longer his best position.

If he had balls he'd play a 4-4-2 diamond like Rodgers did last season with Sterling leading the diamond, Carrick, Henderson, and Delph/Mason behind with Rooney and Kane up top. Clyne and Baines are superb going forward and will offer the necessary width. Rooney and Kane are two of the the most versatile players in the league, to not be able to fit them into the side is heinous IMO.
It was an exaggeration of sorts but you cannot deny that once a player moves to a 'top 4/5 club' their chances of a call up increase dramatically. Chambers & Clyne are perfect examples. Clyne was one of the best RB's last season and only just got his first cap, after another super 8 months. Chambers had a good season last year (not as good as Clyne), moved to Woolwich and was called up within...5 games I think?

Smalling...are you telling me he's better/more consistent than Shawcross? If the latter were to move to, say, Liverpool, you can GUARANTEE he'd get a call up that season.

The bloke cannot spot form and talent himself. He lets the big boys do it and then selects 95% of his team from 25% of Premier League clubs.

In fairness it's hardly surprising given the fact Townsend is selected that he does ignore form. Roy goes for his tried and trusted. If you did good for him before he'll back you to the hill
Unless you take into consideration The World Cup whereby EVERYONE was shit. But hey ho, continue as before. Batter all the minnows in qualifiers and crash out to the first half decent team we play.

You know, in some cultures, eating each others poo is considered a delicacy. :ledleylick:
You mean up North?

Just ask Yorkshire_Spurs Yorkshire_Spurs . Blends it, replaces his gravy...

Woah there buddy... I think you'll find in this modern-day era of 'Image above substance' his listhp will hold him back before Brylcream, L'Oreal or NIVEA go anywhere near him... Marketing is a vicious, cut-throat business!

I've said it before, I'll say it again... MB Games on the other hand, could make a fucking fortune!
hqdefault.jpg
vlcsnap-2011-04-22-00h30m57s48.png

What a beast!

To think that the guy was behind Ade and Selldado in the picking order not more than 6 months ago.
Nothing was granted to him, he fought for it.

Hope he stays with spurs for 3 more years at least.

Back
Top Bottom