Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

O4o4npU.jpg

The other two stories on here are also a good laugh!

Arsene wenger and Woolwich proving yet again they don't give a fuck about home grown players, forget Arseholes going back to Woolwich they should piss of to Paris. (Top right story)

I had to DVR the game and watch it late. I made sure to not look at my phone or anything beforehand.

I jumped up off my couch and cheered like I was watching it live when Harry scored.

Thought of this the other day. To the tune of Woody Gutherie's The Sinking of the Reuben James.

Have you heard of a kid called the good Harry Kane?
Filled with tricks and skills and he plays at The Lane!
He wears the blue and white for Spurs yessiree!
And tonight he'll score a goal, or two, or three!

What is his name?
Tell me what is his name?
Shall we remind you,
Who's name is Kane!

It seems like over the next few seasons we're going to be attempting to bring a lot of academy boys into the first team and I hope everyone remembers the lesson of Kane (Bentaleb & Mason too). Writing off a 17 through 22 year old kid after a minimal amount of appearances is an extremely stupid thing to do.

Sure, Kane is an extreme example and it seems unlikely we'll ever have someone with a trajectory like him again but the point still stands, no player is a finished article at that age. Even if they don't initially look up to the task, the academy boys need support not criticism.

Just remember the way that Kane, Bentaleb, and Mason were written off before they had a true chance to prove themselves at Spurs and remember how idiotic that is when the next wave of academy products comes through. The Premier League is one of the highest levels of competition in the world, a kid barely out of his teens isn't going to be able to master it in five games. Be patient.

It seems like over the next few seasons we're going to be attempting to bring a lot of academy boys into the first team and I hope everyone remembers the lesson of Kane (Bentaleb & Mason too). Writing off a 17 through 22 year old kid after a minimal amount of appearances is an extremely stupid thing to do.

Sure, Kane is an extreme example and it seems unlikely we'll ever have someone with a trajectory like him again but the point still stands, no player is a finished article at that age. Even if they don't initially look up to the task, the academy boys need support not criticism.

Just remember the way that Kane, Bentaleb, and Mason were written off before they had a true chance to prove themselves at Spurs and remember how idiotic that is when the next wave of academy products comes through. The Premier League is one of the highest levels of competition in the world, a kid barely out of his teens isn't going to be able to master it in five games. Be patient.

I think as a club we have been for such a long time starved of youth talent that Spurs fans seem to think that only buying works, that has now been turned on its head.

At the end of last season Kane played a few great games yet seemed to be given less benifit of the doubt than ade or Bobby and we all remember the bentaleb 'Tim's son' stuff. They have proved the doubters wrong and we have lots of other kids coming, hopefully kane and Bentaleb have laid a path for others to follow.

I think as a club we have been for such a long time starved of youth talent that Spurs fans seem to think that only buying works, that has now been turned on its head.

At the end of last season Kane played a few great games yet seemed to be given less benifit of the doubt than ade or Bobby and we all remember the bentaleb 'Tim's son' stuff. They have proved the doubters wrong and we have lots of other kids coming, hopefully kane and Bentaleb have laid a path for others to follow.
Yep, I very much remember it was Sherwood who gave Kane and Bentaleb their 'breakthrough chance'. I also remember Tim has a very high PPG, and I also remember the ridiculous and disgraceful abuse Tim got from so many.

Some total cunt of a presenter was on Talksport earlier remarking how Kane will have to move on to prove his real worth...the co host replied he felt Kane might be there a season or two longer, but no more...depressing that already the media is agitating a move !

Some total cunt of a presenter was on Talksport earlier remarking how Kane will have to move on to prove his real worth...the co host replied he felt Kane might be there a season or two longer, but no more...depressing that already the media is agitating a move !

Talkshit talking shit as normal.

Back
Top Bottom