Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Hodgson is playing just one up top I understand if Kane is one the bench as Rooney will naturally take it given England history, if he plays two up top and Welbeck gets in then Hodgson is a fucking tool. Kind of guessing Rooney up top and Welbeck as a clumsy winger would be my guess.

52kIF.png
I think Kane up top and Rooney just behind would be a great combination

Hodgson is going to start Welbeck instead :ade::levylol::kaboullol::pochlol:

:paulinhofacepalm::pochfacepalm::adeohshit:

Hodgson is going to start Welbeck instead :ade::levylol::kaboullol::pochlol:

:paulinhofacepalm::pochfacepalm::adeohshit:

How does welbeck blag it all the time. We have Kane, Austin, Ings, Berahino waiting for a chance and all better footballers.

Welbeck is a Lennon, quick, hardworking, sometimes is alright but ain't clever or technically gifted enough for what should be required of an England player hence why Van Gaal booted him.

I suppose experience might be the reason but if thats the case and Hodgson plays him over Kane that doesn't look good on Hodgson.

How does welbeck blag it all the time. We have Kane, Austin, Ings, Berahino waiting for a chance and all better footballers.

Welbeck is a Lennon, quick, hardworking, sometimes is alright but ain't clever or technically gifted enough for what should be required of an England player hence why Van Gaal booted him.

I suppose experience might be the reason but if thats the case and Hodgson plays him over Kane that doesn't look good on Hodgson.
He's at a top 4 club. In Hodgson's books, that calls for an immediate call-up regardless of ability or necessity.

Well won't be watching England now. If Hodgson doesn't start Kane he is insane. Fucking useless coach and the World Cup proves it.
Btw is Kane not playing confirmed?

Well won't be watching England now. If Hodgson doesn't start Kane he is insane. Fucking useless coach and the World Cup proves it.
Btw is Kane not playing confirmed?

Don't think it's confirmed by any means. I would start both to be honest.

Hart
Clyne Cahill Jagielka Baines
Carrick Delph
Sterling Rooney Welbeck
Kane

Don't think it's confirmed by any means. I would start both to be honest.

Hart
Clyne Cahill Jagielka Baines
Carrick Delph
Sterling Rooney Welbeck
Kane

Could live with that, Rooney and Kane I reckon will be a great partnership, both intelligent players who are not totally selfish.

He's at a top 4 club. In Hodgson's books, that calls for an immediate call-up regardless of ability or necessity.

That's a bit unfair considering we have five players in the squad including Townsend and Walker...

For me, it is tactical ineptitude. He's decided he wants to play a safe 4-3-3 and is like oh well how am I going to get Kane in there because I have to play Rooney as he is captain. He'll probably throw Sterling out on the right as well where he has been struggling in a place that is clearly no longer his best position.

If he had balls he'd play a 4-4-2 diamond like Rodgers did last season with Sterling leading the diamond, Carrick, Henderson, and Delph/Mason behind with Rooney and Kane up top. Clyne and Baines are superb going forward and will offer the necessary width. Rooney and Kane are two of the the most versatile players in the league, to not be able to fit them into the side is heinous IMO.

That's a bit unfair considering we have five players in the squad including Townsend and Walker...

For me, it is tactical ineptitude. He's decided he wants to play a safe 4-3-3 and is like oh well how am I going to get Kane in there because I have to play Rooney as he is captain. He'll probably throw Sterling out on the right as well where he has been struggling in a place that is clearly no longer his best position.

If he had balls he'd play a 4-4-2 diamond like Rodgers did last season with Sterling leading the diamond, Carrick, Henderson, and Delph/Mason behind with Rooney and Kane up top. Clyne and Baines are superb going forward and will offer the necessary width. Rooney and Kane are two of the the most versatile players in the league, to not be able to fit them into the side is heinous IMO.

With the opposition I see no reason to play a safe system, it's not bloody Argentina, I think what you propose is sensible considering the situation, won't happen though will it.

England in the last 20-30 years has been a demonstration of how not to use players correctly.

With the opposition I see no reason to play a safe system, it's not bloody Argentina, I think what you propose is sensible considering the situation, won't happen though will it.

England in the last 20-30 years has been a demonstration of how not to use players correctly.
Scholes, one of the best English players of all time, chucked on the left encapsulates that.

Back
Top Bottom