glory, glory tottenham hotspur?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

S.L.R said:
Smolik said:
YidoBuckler said:
And fuck Man United for stealing this and adopting it as one of their own songs.

They also released it as an FA Cup Final single in the early 90's. It got played at a school disco when I must have been about 10 and I threw an empty panda pop bottle at the DJ in protest. Proper lad.
:nawty:

"Love Panda Pop, me, proper geezer!"

I know, had a bit of a problem back then, was on 3 or 4 bottles a night. I'm over it now though thankfully, strictly alcohol and class A's

fuckin love mcnamara's band.

oh, the whistle blows, the cockeral crows
and now yer in the game
its up to you , you lilywhites
to live up to yer name
well, theres other teams
in other towns
some are great , some small
the mighty Tottenham Hotspur
are the greatest of them all
la la la laa la la laa la laa etc.

60's and 70's song, rarely hear it these days.

oh, his name is arsene wenger
he's the manager of a team
the biggest bunch of wankers
the world has ever seen
well, you've never seen anything like it
in the present or the past
walcott in the showers
and old arsene up his arse
la la la laa la la laa la laa etc.

often heard these days, sung by me.

What annoys me about the Chas & Dave version is that in the first line they fairly clearly sing "Hotspurs", then in the next one they get it right, then next time someone sings an S on the end again. Muppets.

coalhada said:
What annoys me about the Chas & Dave version is that in the first line they fairly clearly sing "Hotspurs", then in the next one they get it right, then next time someone sings an S on the end again. Muppets.
I thought it was just me hearing that and getting it wrong.

Regardless of whether it's "Tottenham Hotspur" OR "Hallelujah" ...at least it's a SPURS related song they play at the end!

...remind me again what the music from Star Wars: The Phantom Menace has to do with THFC?? Was George Lucas a Yid or summit... or did Kenny Baker wear his 1977 Admiral Spurs shirt underneath his R2D2 costume????
I realise they play it to generate an 'atmosphere' ('cos we didn't have ANY in the days before they started playing film theme tunes through the Tannoy Systems before games did we?)

Funny that in the few years they've been doing it, the atmosphere at WHL has dropped alarmingly at times...

and, while I'm at it, may I say it's not just us who are guilty... the music to cater for the newbie plastics who 'poison' our game are visible at many grounds nowadays who also insist on playing such pre-match 'over-dramatic/showbiz/YouTube generation' guff... "Oooh, look at me, I made asoccerfootball montage and put it to some dramatic film music that has nothing whatsoever to do with our club... aren't I clever Mummy?"

I don't mind the star wars music. It's kind of epic sounding, battle between good (lilywhite good) and evil.

It was the best thing about those shitty prequels too. And TBH, I only usually hear it as I'm getting to my seat...

Schoolboy'sOwnStuff said:
ZoC said:
when did the tradition start to play "glory, glory tottenham hotspur", chas & dave's mangling of spurs' famous anthem, at the end of winning home matches?

im(not so)ho, this is sacrilege, and another example of how the people running the club are two-bob who don't really appreciate our history...
Been doing it for as long as I've been going for over 25 years.
Said they've been playing it for over 25 years after the match, not I've been singing it. Don't be so patronising and READ my answer.

1882 said:
Regardless of whether it's "Tottenham Hotspur" OR "Hallelujah" ...at least it's a SPURS related song they play at the end!

...remind me again what the music from Star Wars: The Phantom Menace has to do with THFC?? Was George Lucas a Yid or summit... or did Kenny Baker wear his 1977 Admiral Spurs shirt underneath his R2D2 costume????
I realise they play it to generate an 'atmosphere' ('cos we didn't have ANY in the days before they started playing film theme tunes through the Tannoy Systems before games did we?)

Funny that in the few years they've been doing it, the atmosphere at WHL has dropped alarmingly at times...

and, while I'm at it, may I say it's not just us who are guilty... the music to cater for the newbie plastics who 'poison' our game are visible at many grounds nowadays who also insist on playing such pre-match 'over-dramatic/showbiz/YouTube generation' guff... "Oooh, look at me, I made asoccerfootball montage and put it to some dramatic film music that has nothing whatsoever to do with our club... aren't I clever Mummy?"

i fucking hate the "star wars" start, too.

ZoC said:
when did the tradition start to play "glory, glory tottenham hotspur", chas & dave's mangling of spurs' famous anthem, at the end of winning home matches?

im(not so)ho, this is sacrilege, and another example of how the people running the club are two-bob who don't really appreciate our history...
Been doing it for as long as I've been going for over 25 years.
Said they've been playing it for over 25 years after the match, not I've been singing it. Don't be so patronising and READ my answer.

don't be so sensitive.

frontwheel said:
I don't mind the star wars music. It's kind of epic sounding, battle between good (lilywhite good) and evil.

It was the best thing about those shitty prequels too. And TBH, I only usually hear it as I'm getting to my seat...

Ah-HAAA! ...and that's where they get you!! You 'don't mind' a piece of music totally unrelated to our club, and yet here we are, in the middle of a thread that has been started because the WRONG WORDS were being sung in an existing song! ...at least it's relevant to Spurs!

There MUST be some dramatic music out there with SOME relevance to THFC???

Here, try this; I know it's a bit; "dramatic music by numbers" but at least it's got the word GLORY in the title, which is more closely related to Spurs than Ewan McGregor's light saber will ever be! (and is actually quiet similar to the Phantom Menace if you listen carefully)

[centre][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q5yZwIne5Y[/youtube][/centre]
[centre]THIS YEAR... THE COCKEREL WILL CROW AGAIN... THE GIANT RE-AWAKENETH...
GLORY BE TO SPURS... CRY GOD FOR HARRY, ENGLAND AND THE KING!
VENGEANCE WILL BE OURRRRRRRRRRRRRS!!![/centre]
So, wht ye reckon, anyone with 'da skillz able to whip a 'Spursey' montage up and put this tune underneath...?
I think the sight of King Ledley leading the team out to this, with the ULTRAS going nuts in the Curva Shelfside might do the trick... have a listen, if this doesn't get the hairs on the back of your neck raised, then there's summit wrong with yo ass!

Thelonious said:
I don't mind GGTH personally, I associate it with us winning at home.

yes but the same would apply to "i'm a barbie girl", if they'd played that for the last 25 years at the end of every home win.

I still prefer Macnamara's Band at the start of the 2nd half m'self... but then I'm just an old fashioned fart who refuses to move forward!!

1882 said:
I still prefer Macnamara's Band at the start of the 2nd half m'self... but then I'm just an old fashioned fart who refuses to move forward!!

don't put yourself down, mate. ur surname may be "82" but ur first name's still only "18"!

and a football club's nothing without its ethos, history, culture and traditions.

Thelonious said:
ZoC said:
Thelonious said:
I don't mind GGTH personally, I associate it with us winning at home.

yes but the same would apply to "i'm a barbie girl", if they'd played that for the last 25 years at the end of every home win.
but the fact is they don't. :)

yes but, chas & dave could always do a rewrite:

"i'm a tottenham girl, in a tottenham world. life in plastic, it's fantastic!" :)

I love the Star Wars entrance, better than bloody Profokiev or Z-Cars. I agree about Glory, Glory Hallelujah, it's the one song that feels ours; "It's A Grand Old Team" - Everton/Celtic, "Oh When The Spurs" - just about every team ever.

ZoC said:
yes but, chas & dave could always do a rewrite:

"i'm a tottenham girl, in a tottenham world. life in plastic, it's fantastic!" :)
once again, they haven't though have they? :)

I prefer GGH obviously, sends a tingle down my spine hearing it. But GGTH isn't the worst song in the world.

Back
Top Bottom