Gareth Bale Appreciation Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I Just feel he went too early, too young. We will see what happens! I wish him well.
Depends how you look at it. In terms of his development perhaps. But in terms of a world record move for the most money possible it may have ceased to be if he has a season out of form or injured. So I think the player is likely to have viewed it as a "grab it while you can" moment.

1176203_10150450622669953_543107612_n.jpg
So are we all convinced that the photo of him wearing a Real shirt as a kid is fake?

Anyone who thinks Bale is bigger than THFC, and can treat the club however he likes, and not turn up for training against the managers expectations and wishes, in order to get a move, with 5yrs left on his contract, without being honest about it from last May when he knew his intentions, can also fuck off.

(preferably to Real Madrid, like their boy next door hero, who can do no wrong in this saga due to the fact Madrid are massive, and Spurs dont deserve to be treated with respect, because we are just a tiny little stepping stone)

I begrudge Bale his move not because Im sad we lost a world class player, but because of the way he went about it. Like Modric and Berbatov, he fucking refused to play for us. He can fuck off, and so can Real.

Does that make me a cunt? Yeah, well guess what, I am one, and I couldnt give a fuck. But so are you, and so is Gareth Bale.

Oh well.
I feel sorry for people that can't appreciate him now he's gone and think good of him, watch videos back of the goals he scored and have to think twice about enjoying it because now he's a "cunt" . How can you call him a cunt, the guys a genius and we're lucky to have seen him. The same way he's lucky to have pulled on our lilywhite shirt.
It's clear he has genuinely always wanted to play for Real, I underestimated how much so, that's why he kissed the badge, if I had grown up playing for Madrid and had finally got a move to my club, Tottenham, i'd kiss the badge in 2 seconds too.
But what I love about him is that he still clearly loves us too, you can't even question that.

The shit about comparing him to Modric or Berba too, this move to Madrid was on another level to them ones, a lot more complicated, he went about it as well as he could imo. especially with Levy in the mix.

I tend to agree with most of the stuff you put out there Sammy but you're wrong on this one mate. Enjoy one of the greatest footballers in the world and when you see a video of him scoring his next goal for Madrid from 40 yards try to crack a smile about it ey, he was ours once.

It would show respect for his manager and the club that he was still part of.

I am really struggling with this logic and its starting to piss me off.

What else would people defend? Him being pictured in a Madrid shirt kissing the badge BEFORE he had signed for them!??

Fucking hell, some people must really think that Spurs are fuck all.

IF we had managed to keep some fucking players down the years, we could be as big as them cunts one day...you lot need to start respecting this club a bit, and what we stand for, instead sucking Madrid cock, pulling your pants down, and letting such a big club ram it up you.

He was a Tottenham player. He should have fucking been there. Why? Because AVB fucking wanted him there.

Not good enough for you?
You are ridiculous sometimes.

I, for one, thought he was a goner last summer. The fact that he stayed on for one more MAGICAL year in an attempt to land us in Champions League says everything I need to know about the lad. It's not his fault a 6th place Chelsea screwed us in 2012 (or, better yet, Arjen Robben at Bayern) or that 72 points on the table, most ever for Spurs in EPL play, still wouldn't land us a Champions League bid. Had we done better business landing a striker last summer, perhaps Bale stays, although I highly doubt it.

Both refused to turn up for work while still a Tottenham player. Thats why.

According to our manager, he behaved in the incorrect manner, by not turning up to training in order to put the club under "intense" pressure.

Very dignified.

Maybe think about those two statements, and take your own advice?

:gallas:

I'd expect nothing less from a Bale basher, you have your opinion, and i have mine. Simples

I for one wish Bale all the best, I hope he absolutely destroys La Liga and the Champions League and I hope he is appreciated and loved by the players and fans. I will never forget all he has done for us, from the moment he kicked on in that FA Cup game (against Peterborough?) he has been Tottenham's most exciting player. I don't remember a player who I have got so excited about every time he got on the ball.

If he would come back, and would improve our team then I would welcome him back with open arms. I think he genuinely appreciates our fans and had a really good connection with us. This could be easy for him to forget amid the whirlwind last few days, but we are still in his mind, which I think shows he has a genuine affection for us.

I hope he has a great time in one of the best stadiums in the world, I hope he really embraces the fantastic Spanish culture, which it looks like he wants to and I hope he shows the Madrid fans just what he is capable of. I don't have Sky, so I don't watch La Liga all the time, but I will definately be watching more often now to see Bale and Ronaldo - who excites me in the same way when he is on the ball. And whenever Bale scores, there will be a smile on my face.

Hopefully, he will return one day, but for now, good luck in Spain, Gareth.

I think he made the move all of us would make at every stage of the way.

Fans have ridiculous expectations of footballers. If you worked for X company for 6 years and it was good, they were continually challenging for awards but never quite getting the recognition that you felt, at the end of the fourth year, that you personally deserved...what, exactly would prove to be a stumbling block when the big boys who do challenge, annually, come calling?

- Money - oh wait, that's better - not even including the additional deals he'll get from being a Real Madrid player
- Atmosphere - oh wait, that's better - 85,000 compared with our 36,000 ?! Plus a worldwide following...
- Climate - oh wait, that's better

As for all this, "He should've gone to training" bollocks - fuck off. Absolutely ludicrous to think that someone whose body is how he earns his living (hurr hurr) will risk an injury prior to the most important move of his life. Also ridiculous to think that Levy wanted him training - what would the reaction be if it turned out that Levy specifically told GB not to train?

All in all, Tottenham benefited from having Bale and Bale grew at Spurs. Has he outgrown us? Maybe, but he certainly dragged our global profile up thanks to his eye-catching displays. Win win, in my eyes.

In summary - if you think that his childhood club - the biggest, richest club in the world, who are challenging for top honours on every front, in a nicer climate where he's more protected from fouls is an offer he would even CONSIDER turning down, then you need help.

I feel sorry for people that can't appreciate him now he's gone and think good of him, watch videos back of the goals he scored and have to think twice about enjoying it because now he's a "cunt" . How can you call him a cunt, the guys a genius and we're lucky to have seen him. The same way he's lucky to have pulled on our lilywhite shirt.
It's clear he has genuinely always wanted to play for Real, I underestimated how much so, that's why he kissed the badge, if I had grown up playing for Madrid and had finally got a move to my club, Tottenham, i'd kiss the badge in 2 seconds too.
But what I love about him is that he still clearly loves us too, you can't even question that.

The shit about comparing him to Modric or Berba too, this move to Madrid was on another level to them ones, a lot more complicated, he went about it as well as he could imo. especially with Levy in the mix.

I tend to agree with most of the stuff you put out there Sammy but you're wrong on this one mate. Enjoy one of the greatest footballers in the world and when you see a video of him scoring his next goal for Madrid from 40 yards try to crack a smile about it ey, he was ours once.

Ive explained why I think he's a cunt.

The fact he is world class is irrlevent. I always bring up Ghaly when people start defending Modric, Berbatov and now Bale.

If Ghaly was world class, I think nearly everyone would have forgiven him....and if Bale was shite, more people would be fucking fuming by the way he went about getting his move, not sweeping it under the carpet and ignoring what AVB said.

Im not that shallow is all.

A cunt is a cunt, and how talented he is, or how much he says he "loves Tottenham fans" doesnt change it.

See above: Why not explain why you think it was ok for Bale to piss on AVB instead?
Because he was basically a Madrid player. Imagine it as if he had left on July 1st. The only reason he didn't was so that we could conduct our transfer business without other clubs trying to get a larger chunk of the £86m burning a hole in our pocket.

I agree, it would have been nicer if Bale had gone to training but it's really a very, very minor thing.

1) Realistic shout at winning the CL - no real acheivement doing that with a club like RM
Bullshitman. Do you think Henry will look back at his Champions League winner medal with Barca and think "Ahhh, I don't think we really deserved that - I'm gonna throw it in the bin."

If he wins the Champions League this season then he will have a bigger monkey face grin than if he finished third with Spurs!

Depends how you look at it. In terms of his development perhaps. But in terms of a world record move for the most money possible it may have ceased to be if he has a season out of form or injured. So I think the player is likely to have viewed it as a "grab it while you can" moment.
Naively living in the real world, I wanted him and expected him to stay at Spurs. Understanding living in the real world , I agree, cash in. No player is bigger than the club and £100 m is hard to turn down, even for Bale.

Because he was basically a Madrid player.

Oh so very wrong.

He was a Tottenham player.

Not nearly, basically or anything else. He was a Tottenham player 100%, and he was not given permission to be off on the Tuesday. He was expected to be at training by the manager.

If you think differently then you have a huge lack of respect for this club.

Back
Top Bottom