Gareth Bale Appreciation Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gareth Bale 'needs back surgery but Real Madrid want him to play on to January'
Gareth Bale is facing a lengthy spell on the sidelines at Real Madrid, according to reports in Spain.
The Welshman, who has been held back by niggling injuries since his world-record £86million move from Tottenham in the summer, is said to need surgery on a herniated disc in his back.
However, Real insist it is "outright false information" to claim the 24-year-old has a herniated disc, stating he "has a small chronic disc protrusion, which is extremely common among football players."
Bale pulled out of the Wales squad that beat Macedonia on Friday and will play Croatia on Tuesday because he wasn't fit.
The report added doctors had recommended he have the operation soon, but that Real want him to try to soldier on until January - when the transfer window opens and they would be able to buy someone as cover.
Intriguingly, Spanish newspaper Marca claims the back problem was spotted during Bale's medical - and that Real president Florntino Perez ordered that he be signed anyway.
A decision on the operation will be made in the next few days.

4Bvm6Yo.gif

It's finally over (thank God!), but to finalize the grieving process I've felt it's best to commemorate his time at the lane with this thread.

My personal favorite moment (in a very well made video, too):

Best of luck in Real, but I'm afraid I can never root for that shitstain of a team.

I cant believe some of you are giving him the same treatment as Luka Modric.

The boy in the 6 years he has been with us has never agitated for a move, and before signing a new contract last season, could have easily jumped ship, but didnt, and instead stayed and gave me personally, my most favourite season of being a Spurs fan.

He held his dignity throughout the whole summer and never bad mouthed us or spoke to the press once. And yet alot of you still feel the need to call him every name under the sun.

And now he says in an interview how much he still LOVES us and spurs and hopes to return one day. He doesnt even need to say those sorts of things, and i'd imagine it'd annoy a few RM fans, but the fact he said it speaks volumes about how he feels about us, and yet all a lot of you can do is call him a cunt and say he isnt welcome back.

Who in their right fucking minds would turn down a 30+ Gareth Bale?

Get real ffs.

/rant

Last edited:
An inevitable day as soon as he started to show true world class talent.

Personally I am not into group cry-ins, as it was put above. He's gone. We support the club, not Gareth Bale. Our job as fans is to keep getting behind the players and club so that we can push on and push on to the extent that such players have no desire to leave.

Plus, there will be another talisman sooner or later. I think people forget that despite being with us for 6 years, Bale only really came into his own over the last three.

Onwards and upwards.

Although, if the scum sign anyone from RM tomorrow I'm throwing my toys out of the pram. :avbmad::avbmad:

Bale exclusive: I could return to Spurs one day

Gareth Bale has offered a glimmer of hope to Tottenham fans, by suggesting he may one day return to White Hart Lane.

In an exclusive interview with BT Sport’s Jake Humphrey, Real Madrid’s world-record signing said he hoped Spurs supporters could understand why he chose to leave.

“The fans have been unbelievable with me,” Bale said. “They’ve supported me through the bad times and believed in me and I’ll never forget the great European nights at White Hart Lane. They were amazing.

“Tottenham will always have a place in my heart. I hope the fans still love me even though I’ve moved on. I hope they understand that obviously Real Madrid is a massive, massive club and that they respect my decision.

“From the moment Real Madrid put the offer in it was obviously difficult. [Tottenham] was somewhere I felt so comfortable and so happy - it was difficult to leave but when Real Madrid come in it’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

“I love all the Tottenham fans and hopefully one day, you never know, I could be back.”

FFS. I just got over you :bale2:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom