Gareth Bale Appreciation Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I cant believe some of you are giving him the same treatment as Luka Modric.

The boy in the 6 years he has been with us has never agitated for a move, and before signing a new contract last season, could have easily jumped ship, but didnt, and instead stayed and gave me personally, my most favourite season of being a Spurs fan.

He held his dignity throughout the whole summer and never bad mouthed us or spoke to the press once. And yet alot of you still feel the need to call him every name under the sun.

And now he says in an interview how much he still LOVES us and spurs and hopes to return one day. He doesnt even need to say those sorts of things, and i'd imagine it'd annoy a few RM fans, but the fact he said it speaks volumes about how he feels about us, and yet all a lot of you can do is call him a cunt and say he isnt welcome back.

Who in their right fucking minds would turn down a 30+ Gareth Bale?

Get real ffs.

/rant

Last edited:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-intense-pressure-says-Andre-Villas-Boas.html

I was in his corner right up until he refused to train. At that point he turned his back on the club, the fans and AVB.
Reading AVB's comments it seems he didn't just sit and see what happened, he inflicted intense pressure on the club to go.
If you want to go, then go.
Having done that, I don't want him back in a Spurs shirt.
Plus that and kissing the real madrid badge pissed me off,but still love him and thankful of what he did for us last season but think he will end up at manure or chelsea in a few years when he returns from real.If he ends up back at the lane then all is forgiven imo but cant see it happeneing

What was the point in him going to training? What would it achieve?

It would've shown he honoured his word and respected those he had current contracts with.

More than that, he would've given us a better chance against the scum, and he would've given his country a better chance in their World Cup qualifiers. On a personal note, he would've given himself a better chance of starting right away at Madrid.

whilst I understand, I think he should have showed at the training ground, even if he didnt train (the respect thing as outlined above)

However, I dont think he behaved, as a general rule, anything like Berbatov or Modric did, and I certainly would have him back if he wanted to come back. (the others I wouldnt, even though i think the way are planning to play, Berbatov would be perfect for us)

Him pressuring from within the club, well, if i was playing for Croydon and Spurs came in for me, I would pressure them to get the move.
Course, I wouldnt have a cunty agent giving me cunty advice....

It would've shown he honoured his word and respected those he had current contracts with.

More than that, he would've given us a better chance against the scum, and he would've given his country a better chance in their World Cup qualifiers. On a personal note, he would've given himself a better chance of starting right away at Madrid.
I get the impression that had he intentionally skipped training, he would definitely been fined for it.

The fact he didnt get fined suggests to me that it wasnt his decision to miss training

Bale was brilliant but will soon be forgotten. Players like Lampard, Gerrard and Goggs will be seen as legends at thier respective clubs because they have stayed true to their shirt. Bale should have stayed - simple. He will soon discover defeners in Spain are not as shit as here. At least now the whole world have heard of Tottenham Hotspur because of the Bale transfer to RM.

Wet Spam fans might have a differing opinion on that one.

One pother thing:
I remember the reception Sheringham got when heleft us for ManU and came back in the first game of the season. I dont think Ive ever experienced a more poisonous atmosphere at a home match.

We cheered him to the rafters when he came back to us.
I suspect that whats would happen if modric, berbatov and Bale were to return.

So let's see:-

1) Realistic shout at winning the CL

2) Realistic shout at winning the title as of 2013 (even if it is the Spanish league).

3) 150k a weak in wages after tax

4) CL instead of EL in the coming season, and pretty much nailed on thereafter

5) Swapping run down Tottenham for a much nicer stadium area.

6) More media interest

7) Greater sponsorship deals

8) World record transfer fee to the departing club

9) Playing alongside some of the based players in the world

10) Signing for the club he followed as a boy

In contrast, if he stayed the benefits would be.....um......that we may make the CL this year and he might be regarded as a Spurs Legend by some fans with one foot in the past.

Seriously, you're making the case that he has been badly advised for not taking the latter??:sandro:

I Just feel he went too early, too young. We will see what happens! I wish him well.

anyone who begrudges bale is a narrow minded cunt, just fuck off

Anyone who thinks Bale is bigger than THFC, and can treat the club however he likes, and not turn up for training against the managers expectations and wishes, in order to get a move, with 5yrs left on his contract, without being honest about it from last May when he knew his intentions, can also fuck off.

(preferably to Real Madrid, like their boy next door hero, who can do no wrong in this saga due to the fact Madrid are massive, and Spurs dont deserve to be treated with respect, because we are just a tiny little stepping stone)

I begrudge Bale his move not because Im sad we lost a world class player, but because of the way he went about it. Like Modric and Berbatov, he fucking refused to play for us. He can fuck off, and so can Real.

Does that make me a cunt? Yeah, well guess what, I am one, and I couldnt give a fuck. But so are you, and so is Gareth Bale.

Oh well.

Last edited:
I cant believe some of you are giving him the same treatment as Luka Modric.

Both refused to turn up for work while still a Tottenham player. Thats why.

He held his dignity throughout the whole summer

According to our manager, he behaved in the incorrect manner, by not turning up to training in order to put the club under "intense" pressure.

Very dignified.

And now he says in an interview how much he still LOVES us and spurs and hopes to return one day....

....Get real ffs.

Maybe think about those two statements, and take your own advice?

:gallas:

And now he says in an interview how much he still LOVES us and spurs and hopes to return one day.
1176203_10150450622669953_543107612_n.jpg

It would show respect for his manager and the club that he was still part of.

I am really struggling with this logic and its starting to piss me off.

What else would people defend? Him being pictured in a Madrid shirt kissing the badge BEFORE he had signed for them!??

Fucking hell, some people must really think that Spurs are fuck all.

IF we had managed to keep some fucking players down the years, we could be as big as them cunts one day...you lot need to start respecting this club a bit, and what we stand for, instead sucking Madrid cock, pulling your pants down, and letting such a big club ram it up you.

He was a Tottenham player. He should have fucking been there. Why? Because AVB fucking wanted him there.

Not good enough for you?

Back
Top Bottom