Gareth Bale Appreciation Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gareth Bale put Tottenham under pressure to secure Real Madrid move

Gareth Bale put Tottenham under 'intense' pressure to secure his summer move to Real Madrid, according to Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas.

The Wales international finally completed a protracted switch to the Bernabeu over the weekend for a world-record fee of £85.3million.

Spurs boss Villas-Boas conceded it was the will of the player which proved decisive.

Speaking after a meeting of top coaches at UEFA headquarters in Switzerland, the Portuguese told The Telegraph: "The pressure we were subjected to by the player has been intense.

"The pressure we were subjected to by the player has been intense."

Andre Villas-Boas

"The influence of Real Madrid has been very big and you get to a point where you have to consider if it's feasible not to accept an offer and whether you can press on with a player in that state of mind.

"Obviously, we should be happy with the transfer fee that was paid. Players want to win championships and I believe that with Gareth that is within reach.

"At the end of the day, it's up to a player to decide if he wants to stay or wants to go."

The summer transfer window closed on Monday, more than two weeks after the opening Premier League fixtures.

Villas-Boas does not believe that is a healthy situation, adding: "The clubs like it as it is but the coaches are of the opinion that the market should be closed earlier.

Wales Assistant Manager Kit Symons believes that Gareth Bale my play some part in the World Cup Qualifier against Macedonia

"The coaches need time to prepare their teams for the season. Most coaches would like it to be open less time and closed earlier; obviously we will have to have further meetings."

Bale is now planning to live up to his billing in the Spanish capital although he has to wait untilSeptember 14 for his Madrid debut when Real travel to Villarreal in a game you can watch live on Sky Sports 2.

Asked about the great players Real have had in the past, Bale said: "There have been the likes of (Zinedine) Zidane and obviously the previous ones, which were a bit before my time, like (Ferenc) Puskas and (Alfredo) Di Stefano.

The 'What's The Story?' panel discuss whether Gareth Bale will cope with the expectations after his world record move to Real Madrid.

"There are lot of players who have been unbelievable here, world class and legends of the game. Hopefully, I can become the player I want to be, and hopefully be in that league."

Bale will be managed by Carlo Ancelotti at his new club and said: "I think he's a great manager, he's won at every single club he's been at, I think.

"I've spoken to other players who have had him as manager and it's been nothing short of he's the best manager they've ever had. So obviously that was a factor in me coming, working with a great like himself.

"As for the squad, it's an absolutely amazing squad, I've got to work hard to get in the starting XI. There are world-class players here and I obviously came here to be a part of it and to try and get into the starting XI and win trophies."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...ham-under-pressure-to-secure-real-madrid-move
I think AVB has made a mistake saying that. Sends out a message that if a player itches for a move at Spurs they only need to kick up a stink to get it.

I think AVB has made a mistake saying that. Sends out a message that if a player itches for a move at Spurs they only need to kick up a stink to get it.
I think that holds true for any player in most clubs and nothing would change in the future until a wage-cap is introduced and agents eliminated from the landscape

Last edited:

Agreed, especially as Suarez and Rooney both stayed put but were far more "vocal".

You really think the players needed AVB to tell them that lol.........

I know players get a rep for being thick but they're usually smarter than the average alky dependent footy fan

these guys have whole teams of agents and advisers and we have a history of selling players when they kick up a fuss regardless of their ability. AVB was just stating the obvious whilst informing us that Bale pushed this move through like a cunt

1. _57770073_lineker.gif

MOTD presenter Gary LinekerMacedonia v Wales (1800 BST)
    "See that Bale is on the bench for Wales v Macedonia. Great to see he has recovered from his injury woes."

2. 1721:
    I'm still waiting for official confirmation but it appears that Gareth Bale will be on the bench for Wales.

1. :bale2::baletroll::balelol:

As 'funny' as all this is, I can't help but feel Gareth has taken the piss a bit with his final 'sham' month at the club, and now everyone is laughing at us, laughing at us... LAUGHING... AT.... US!

:levystare:

Agreed, especially as Suarez and Rooney both stayed put but were far more "vocal".
The difference being the amount of money on offer and the clubs involved. If Madrid (scumbags) offered Liverpool 86M for Suarez, you can guarantee that he would be preparing for his new season by watching Los Muertos Vivientes.

AVB admitted before the transfer that he wasn't in control of the situation and expected the player at training... obviously it would have been ideal for that not to have been the case, but I think it was over his head as soon as Levy made a valuation.

Regarding Rooney, United would never sell him to their rivals, and no one is matching Liverpool's valuation of Suarez as they think he is worth more than Bale. But, if €100 million had been offered to the Glazers or Henry, I doubt Moyes or Rogers would have had a say in Rooney or Suarez staying put.

Alright, he was pretty fucking awesome for us. He doesn't play for us anymore though.
Legend? Its a subjective thing. For me, no.
Best player ever? Again no. Too many to mention.
Best player for the team in the last ten years? For me no. King, Berbatov, Modric.
Sounds like I don't like him doesn't it? I fucking loved him and I'm gutted he has left us and seeing him in another teams kit is galling. It's not sour grapes either. If he had left for what he is worth - 30 to 40 mil - I would be sad. But we have done well. And I don't feel sad. I don't!

Now all I feel is this:

Alright, he was pretty fucking awesome for us. He doesn't play for us anymore though.
Best player for the team in the last ten years? For me no. King, Berbatov, Modric.
Sounds like I don't like him doesn't it? I fucking loved him and I'm gutted he has left us and seeing him in another teams kit is galling. It's not sour grapes either. If he had left for what he is worth - 30 to 40 mil - I would be sad. But we have done well. And I don't feel sad. I don't!

Now all I feel is this:

i was gutted,
how can you be so cold hearted ? :d
but, when somebody genius enoguh told taht we had 45 mil replacemet lined up, and i automticcly taought, holla.. REUUUUS. boom, happy again... 48 h lates.. emotionless, 60 h later, empty inside. no bale.. ow hell naw. :D

Now all I feel is this:

He's better than Berbatov and Modric were / are imo. Modric kept us ticking, and Berbatov was elegant as anything, but neither of them could just rip a team apart like Bale did almost every week last season.

i was gutted,
how can you be so cold hearted ? :d
but, when somebody genius enoguh told taht we had 45 mil replacemet lined up, and i automticcly taought, holla.. REUUUUS. boom, happy again... 48 h lates.. emotionless, 60 h later, empty inside. no bale.. ow hell naw. :D
@ , this is a fucking piss poor second account. I expected better.

Bale was brilliant but will soon be forgotten. Players like Lampard, Gerrard and Goggs will be seen as legends at thier respective clubs because they have stayed true to their shirt. Bale should have stayed - simple. He will soon discover defeners in Spain are not as shit as here. At least now the whole world have heard of Tottenham Hotspur because of the Bale transfer to RM.

Back
Top Bottom