Four weeks of hell.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm merely a Spurs fan. I think he has to change his methods. That's all.
I'd happily write Poch a letter, but I don't think he'd read it.
Just don't believe everything you read mate, especially when it comes to fitness issues. We have an army of sports technicians, doctors and sports scientists working out of a £60m state of the art facility. The only people that know the state of a players health is the club and the player. There are scores of teams that press high, non of them ever have this narrative aimed at them, only Poch and that is because of Bielsa (you even mentioned him), quite what Bielsa has to do with Tottenham is utterly beyond me.

Charming. I have a Phd in English as it happens, perhaps you would rewrite that for me too?
The Dutch training expert Raymond Verheijen (who I dare say knows more about this issue than you do) has also criticised Poch's training methods, and fatigue leads to injuries. Here's what he said about Kane:
“What probably has happened is that Pochettino has trained them too hard, too soon in pre-season, and twisting your ankle is a typical injury when you have accumulated fatigue.”
Eriksen and Alli are non-injured creative players who have also lost their edge.
The solution is simple - don't push the players so hard in training.
I knew it! Haha Dutch training EXPERT do me a favour! Google his name and look at his CV mate, he hasn't had a job in footbal in years! I wounder why? I would have expected a man of such expertise to have the elite football teams from arround the world demanding his services.

His agenda is simple, he has written a book, he is selling this book. He uses the media to raise his profile buy making headline accusations about a club, it's not just Spurs, he has been highly critical of the scum, manure and the bin dippers, in fact the dippers get it in the neck more than us. Think for a second why he has chosen these teams to target, it just might be because the big clubs with big fan bases and his comments are more likely to get picked up because of it. This of cause is exactly the objective, he now gets on a show and/or in print and at every occasion he gets to mention he has produced a book.

He is a self publicist, hawking his book, which lets face it is never going to be a best seller given the subject matter. No one has heard of him before his book, no one would of heard of him if he was criticizing Accrington Stanley.

Why do you believe the words of a man that you too had never heard of and no nothing about?

No trolling mate. For some strange reason there is an element of supporters who see poch as a God, I see him as a slightly improved version of AVB, and no better. The football is absolute agony to watch, and the manager doesn't have a plan B. Can you honestly tell me that out players aren't better than the crap they are dishing up ?

I said at the beginning of the season he won't make it until the end, now I am thinking Christmas.
Lol what the hell, Pochettino has taken over Spurs when we were in an absolute mess and turned things around to make us title contenders in the next season. I think most people fail to realize that and that we should be grateful to Pochettino for all the work he's done. I didn't see anyone moan last season when we were chasing Leicester for the title, now all the football experts pop up out of nowhere...

Not a win, barely a goal. In defence, Walker is making too many mistakes. Dier isn't looking like a CB. Trippier and Wimmer look like they should get a chance.
Midfield, Sissoko looks like crap, Wanyama is a red card waiting to happen. How much did we spend on the non-appearance of Nkoudou? Dier looked pretty O.K. there last season. And we could have probably bought Joe Allen as a better bet than the 3 we bought.
Son always looks busy but his final touch is invariably one touch too many. Either shoot or pass...
Janssen, it's about time he actually kicked the ball towards the opposition goal rather than just from the penalty spot.
Eriksen? compared to last season, he's providing nothing.
The only decent signing we've made in the last couple of years is Alderweireld oh and Ali but he needs to learn to not fall over.

Wanyama is a quality signing, have you watched many games this season?:pochserious:

I was making the point that 'not losing' in itself doesn't necessarily mean a lot, when most of the results are draws. You could go the whole season not losing and get relegated.
I totally agree with that. I'm just trying to take the positive though. We're always going to go through a bad run. All teams are. Being unbeaten during a bad spell is not to be scoffed at imo

You could write Poch a letter mate. With your expertise, knowledge and infinite wisdom on Sports science I'm sure he will be all ears. Or are you getting your info from the tabloids and their narrative building?

I'm merely a Spurs fan. I think he has to change his methods. That's all.
I'd happily write Poch a letter, but I don't think he'd read it.

Just don't believe everything you read mate, especially when it comes to fitness issues. We have an army of sports technicians, doctors and sports scientists working out of a £60m state of the art facility. The only people that know the state of a players health is the club and the player. There are scores of teams that press high, non of them ever have this narrative aimed at them, only Poch and that is because of Bielsa (you even mentioned him), quite what Bielsa has to do with Tottenham is utterly beyond me.
I don't really read the press. I just judge from what I've seen, a tired side, running around like headless chickens.
And when I hear "we have an army of sports technicians", I think God Help Us.
This side is knackered and will struggle to make top four.

The Dutch training expert Raymond Verheijen (who I dare say knows more about this issue than you do) has also criticised Poch's training methods, and fatigue leads to injuries.
You mean captain hindsight? Why is it that Verheijen always starts moaning after the player gets injured? Why could he not have told us in advance that Kane would sustain an injury when he did?

Charming. I have a Phd in English as it happens, perhaps you would rewrite that for me too?
The Dutch training expert Raymond Verheijen (who I dare say knows more about this issue than you do) has also criticised Poch's training methods, and fatigue leads to injuries. Here's what he said about Kane:
“What probably has happened is that Pochettino has trained them too hard, too soon in pre-season, and twisting your ankle is a typical injury when you have accumulated fatigue.”
Eriksen and Alli are non-injured creative players who have also lost their edge.
The solution is simple - don't push the players so hard in training.

It's great that you have a PHD in English, so you must know the meaning of the word probably.... it's more of a opinion let's say.
And does the so called Dutch training expert spend a lot of time training with the spurs team or has he just pulled this out of his arse? (Genuine question as can't be assed to gold this)

You are right I am not an expert on this, but I'm sure Poch is surrounded by lots of well paid experts and has some of the best facilities available to him, last year when spurs were right up there chasing Leicester it was "Poch is a genius these double training sessions are really paying off" etc etc

Soon as we hit a dry spell but still 3 points of the top I might add..... it's let's jump on the cunt band wagon and blame it all on Poch!

At the end of the day I take The rough with the smooth, and if any one actually believes our start to the season consistutes as hell then I dare to say you can't have been a spurs fan for very long!

You seem to already defined heaven in a previous post. More accurately, "NOT HELL" would be not dropping points to teams who should be cannon fodder for us. At the moment, our attacking options come to nothing. As has already been noticed in this thread a number of midfield/forward players just aren't performing. Whether it's Pochettino's training methods or the introduction of less-than-quality players I don't know. Probably a combination. Compared to other teams' injuries we have too many players becoming unable to play.

No it shouldn't. So keep on laughing at the joke.

Just hell is a place, so you should be in hell as opposed to of hell, as I don't say I am having 4 weeks off London for my holidays do I?
And if your idea of not hell is not dropping points? Maybe 4 weeks of hell not a good example for this thread, maybe should have called it "4 weeks of slightly bad form but still doing alright to be unbeaten"

Let's see what happens this afternoon any way.

Every game is painful to watch. I honestly believe that Potch is AVB reincarnated. Six games now without a goal from open play. I was once told that football is meant to be entertaining, but the person who told me may have been mistaken. I have had enough, Poch out !!

Maybe you should get your eyes tested old boy?
:pocheyes:

Not a win, barely a goal. In defence, Walker is making too many mistakes. Dier isn't looking like a CB. Trippier and Wimmer look like they should get a chance.
Midfield, Sissoko looks like crap, Wanyama is a red card waiting to happen. How much did we spend on the non-appearance of Nkoudou? Dier looked pretty O.K. there last season. And we could have probably bought Joe Allen as a better bet than the 3 we bought.
Son always looks busy but his final touch is invariably one touch too many. Either shoot or pass...
Janssen, it's about time he actually kicked the ball towards the opposition goal rather than just from the penalty spot.
Eriksen? compared to last season, he's providing nothing.
The only decent signing we've made in the last couple of years is Alderweireld oh and Ali but he needs to learn to not fall over.

Back
Top Bottom