Football or THFC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What do you love more?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tottenham. I detest modern football and if Spurs ceased to exist I doubt I would ever watch another Premier League game.
I would attend a lot more of my local Rymans League team games though.

I agree but for me football is more than the premier league or even fifa. They are just businesses who try to bleed it dry(parasites), which is made fuckn easy by all the divisions within the game. Divide and conquer if you will. Divide the fans and take over the sport.

simple..thfc is a way of life handed down to me & my brothers & sisters by a little jock celtic fan who moved to London & met my mum who'd moved to London from ireland ! ...together they produced yids !! ... other sport is a pastime

First off, people need to get over the notion that there's a right and a wrong in the original question and that people of contrasting views are "not understandable" in this discussion. Isn't even remotely the point.

Second, I ask why does "football" have to equate "modern football?" In the original question, he asked if you liked the sport itself. I completely understand if people are turned off by "modern football," but that's a very small component of the game. If any of you have taken trips to South or Central America, you'll have noted that every yard belonging to a household of any home of any socio-economic status has some sort of a goal or field set up. The game is far larger than whatever Sheikh or telecommunications company is pumped in, so it's a disservice to the game and yourself to disregard the entire sport on the basis of what a few wealthy dudes have made into their new playthings. This is the beautiful game, if you let the moneybags ruin the game for you then you let "modern football's" corrupted dendrites seep farther into the game than it ever should have.

Last edited:
cahspur cahspur
My take of the question was;

"Watch Spurs or watch football without spurs?"

Nah amigo, he simply asked if you care about the club more or the sport itself. Very concise. What you're saying would merely be an example. Watching cannot alone be the basis, as I'm sure many people on here had their fathers strap some uncomfortable things on their shins long before the notion that people were even paid to put them on themselves even occurred to them.

Not at all criticizing you btw, just clarifying what I'm sure the original intent of the thread was and using it to give another example of how much the game goes beyond the professional level.

I've looked at it from the angle of if Spurs ceased to exist (because football ceasing isn't possible).

I would not be paying to go to any other games. I'd probably watch highlights here and there because I appreciate the ability and excitement of it, but as far as an allegiance goes mine ends with Tottenham and I would have nowhere near the same attachment to the game if Spurs weren't a part of it.

Well, when all you have to interpret is an OP whose linguistic skills is on a par with Stephen Hawkings vocal ability then you may come to that conclusion.

Again, you are a fuckwit of the highest order. I'm so glad you are a non-entity who will never visit Spurs again in his life..

oh I'll get over to London again in the future, are you gonna beat me up when I come over? :memeokay:

oh I'll get over to London again in the future, are you gonna beat me up when I come over? :memeokay:

I'll be sure to keep an eye out for you. You won't be hard to miss.

LeonardGoSports.jpg

Anyway, let's end this argument. Too many threads get derailed as it is, and I hate that. So I won't be party to it.

I'll be sure to keep an eye out for you. You won't be hard to miss.

LeonardGoSports.jpg

Anyway, let's end this argument. Too many threads get derailed as it is, and I hate that. So I won't be party to it.

fuck you bushy bollocks when I come over you better have an 8 ball of that raw and a case of stella for me or shits gonna jump off

farkn cunt :avbfu:

I consider myself a Spurs supporter as opposed to a football fan. I would only watch MOTD if we've won, Woolwich have lost or there's been a significant upset. I might watch England in a major tournament, or a friendly if a load of Spurs players were in the team. From my first game at the Lane, I was totally hooked on Spurs. I will confess that I hardly knew anything about the rules of the game then, but when the ball hit the back of the net, I went loopy. That feeling never goes away. I know enough about the game now that I can enjoy the finer points, but its still the basics that gets the blood flowing - a fantastic save, a winger taking on half a dozen players, a wicked bend on the ball leaving a goalkeeper stranded, a bicycle kick, and best of all a winning goal in the last minute when we have been behind for the bulk of the game. Spurs are my passion, and my love runs deep and unconditionally, even when its nothing but grief, anger and embarrassment. Whether I would feel differently if I played the game - I have no idea. If Spurs were not around, I can't imagine getting involved with another club. Being a Spurs supporter is a large part of my personal identity - one of the first things people find out about me.

Football wouldn't be the same without my beloved Spurs so this one is a no brainer for me, it's Spurs that made me love football more and not the other way around.

I have the perfect metaphor for this.

Ahem.

In Harry Potter, They have to go to Olivanders wand shop, for a wand right. They can do magic already, they're part of that scene, but they need a wand.
and like Olivander says.
"The wand chooses the wizard"
The magic is a gift for all the wizards, but the wand is their way in. All their magic loving goes through that wand. And you don't just pick a wand and get on with it. The perfect wand chooses you.

Now, some wizards pick and choose their wands, and these people will never be great wizards. Because they're not in it the same way, they just want to be a wizard, doing magic. However thats possible.

Tottenham is my wand and therell never be another wand for me. If that wand broke, things wouldn't really be the same for me after.

You're welcome guys.

I have the perfect metaphor for this.

Ahem.

In Harry Potter, They have to go to Olivanders wand shop, for a wand right. They can do magic already, they're part of that scene, but they need a wand.
and like Olivander says.
"The wand chooses the wizard"
The magic is a gift for all the wizards, but the wand is their way in. All their magic loving goes through that wand. And you don't just pick a wand and get on with it. The perfect wand chooses you.

Now, some wizards pick and choose their wands, and these people will never be great wizards. Because they're not in it the same way, they just want to be a wizard, doing magic. However thats possible.

Tottenham is my wand and therell never be another wand for me. If that wand broke, things wouldn't really be the same for me after.

You're welcome guys.

*Insert The Rock clapping gif here*

Back
Top Bottom