Football or THFC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What do you love more?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tottenham over football...shallow? probably, if spurs arnt playing the weekend i very rarely watch any of the football highlight shows

Its odd, I'm guessing they are the type that thought "hey this looks like a cool sport, I better pick myself a team"

Its odd, I'm guessing they are the type that thought "hey this looks like a cool sport, I better pick myself a team"
i know, i just really dont care about sitting down watching other teams play. if im in and there is nothing on ill watch a game if its on but if i have something else to do i wont go out of my way to sit down and watch say Norwich V WBA on a monday night

It has to be Spurs. Why else would any of us be here otherwise?

I enjoyed playing football for my school, but I didn't love football until I found THFC. My first Spurs memory is the cup loss to Port Vale (does that qualify as Spursy?) but thankfully my second is the Gazza free kick in the '91 cup semifinal. I cried my first tears of joy that day. Was totally unexpected, as I was only 10.

i know, i just really dont care about sitting down watching other teams play. if im in and there is nothing on ill watch a game if its on but if i have something else to do i wont go out of my way to sit down and watch say Norwich V WBA on a monday night

People watching woolwich and chelsea is another thing i dont get, if they lose thats enough for me thats all i care about, i sure as hell dont want to watch them win.

People watching woolwich and chelsea is another thing i dont get, if they lose thats enough for me thats all i care about, i sure as hell dont want to watch them win.
yep...must admit i did watch the 5 they shipped against the chavs because it was funny but a bit in me died because it was the chavs that did it..

Football for me is a lot more than watching it. I only really started to watch football outside my local team and national team when I was 12 and fell for Spurs not long after.
Ahead of that I had already played football for 7 years. So I'd rather play football than watch it ,yes.

If I had the choice of playing League One football for Spurs or CL football with any other team it'd always be Spurs though.

My two-penne'th;
Without football, there would be no Spurs...
without Spurs, there would still be football.
For that reason, I 'respect' and thank football for giving me/us the team we support... but as far as choosing football over Spurs, nah... no thanks... it's GOT to be Spurs (or whoever you support) over the general game!
I think you only have to ask any fan of any club what their favourite football moment was, and it would, at a guess, 99.99% (recurring) involve their OWN club! ...and that's probably what's at he crux of it... it HAS to be your own club first.... otherwise, you're just a football tourist, watching OTHER people's clubs, and leeching off their enjoyment, without investing any REAL feeling, passion or desire to see one particular club play, over any other.

Modern football of course can go fucking do one... it's spoilt so many things about the pure enjoyment of why many of us started following our clubs... if a Premier League match (not involving Spurs) was on at the same time as an ITV4 re-run of The Big Match, I know which one i'd watch!

Retarded ... ommelate ... Retarded.

Oh the
7IIU6As.jpg
y.

I fucking hate football. I also love it sometimes. Do I love football more than THFC? You might as well ask me if I love it more than I love my wife.

Definitely football. I only started watching Spurs recently and I'm generally not a very partisan/tribal person; although I've now spent enough time around here, and listening to TFC, that some of that mentality has rubbed off on me. I watch a lot of football other than just Spurs and listen to other football podcasts, and try to keep up to date with several other leagues. I'm one of those people who can greatly appreciate beautiful football regardless of the colour of the shirt.
Spurs is a love/hate thing for me, and it was really by accident that I fell into it. I do like the idea of being part of a club and especially being there at the beginning of a new era in the club's history, which I was hoping we would see with AVB and the new signings. Still waiting though!

I fucking hate football. I also love it sometimes. Do I love football more than THFC? You might as well ask me if I love it more than I love my wife.

*insert random request here*

"I cant sorry, Spurs are playing"

"you love football more than me!"

"darling, i love Woolwich more than you, now fuck off"

Back
Top Bottom