Football or THFC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What do you love more?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Im not a football fan, i'm a Tottenham fan. Anyone who picks the former, in my opinion, has picked us as a team and not been bred into it. Am I right?

That is undoubtedly a correct assumption for the majority that would pick such an option. I fuggin adore this club, hell I even feel a sense of joy watching even while we're getting pulverized (sadomasochism mayhaps?), but my first love was football from the first day I scored at the age of four and saw the reaction of all the parents watching. Part of why I picked Spurs is because I agree, the Game is About Glory.

I've grown increasingly jaded with following modern football and could probably drop it all together. Spurs is the only thing I have any real motivation for, and it is, unfortunately, a bit like a deeply emotional but also abusive relationship - the highs are unbelievable but the lows, almost soul sapping.

So, who would you jump ship to then if Spurs ceased to exist? I heard Liverpool are recruiting new fans.

it's not about jumping ship but then I wouldn't expect a stupid alky coke head cunt like you to understand that

big problem with footy these days is there's too many people who care more about the divisions within the sport than the sport itself

I've grown increasingly jaded with following modern football and could probably drop it all together. Spurs is the only thing I have any real motivation for, and it is, unfortunately, a bit like a deeply emotional but also abusive relationship - the highs are unbelievable but the lows, almost soul sapping.

I've grown increasingly jaded with Tottenham lately but I still love watching and playing football.

it's not about jumping ship but then I wouldn't expect a stupid alky coke head cunt like you to understand that

big problem with footy these days is there's too many people who care more about the divisions within the sport than the sport itself

Haha, you just have no credibility so whatever you say means nothing to me.

You =
windowlicker.jpg

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?action=register

Go on, fuck off.

I've grown increasingly jaded with Tottenham lately but I still love watching and playing football.

Yup, and this is frankly what decides it for me. I could be devastated from watching us lose a disheartening match to a Norwich, but it wouldn't damper my anticipation for playing small-side later in the day in the slightest. If anything, I'd look forward to it more to help me forget about the loss and enjoy the parts of the game that go far beyond who wins and loses and the consequent repercussions.

Yup, and this is frankly what decides it for me. I could be devastated from watching us lose a disheartening match to a Norwich, but it wouldn't damper my anticipation for playing small-side later in the day in the slightest.

Yeah I think people who actually enjoy playing the game will favor footy

were as the drugged up alkies who just use the sport as an excuse to meet up and get smashed will probably go with the club lol

anyhow this actually has the makings of an interesting discussion if the self proclaimed super fans let it

I don't think I would be into football as much as I am without Tottenham, and in fact, despite being a Spurs & Football fan for 21 or 22 years now, since I joined here in December (having not used a forum before) I've found that talking about Spurs more and more has made me more of a football fan too.

I would never be bothered watching a full match of anyone else, but I watched Liverpool v City today, not because I give a hoot about either team, moreso because I needed a fix and had a morbid fascination with watching two team who have terrorised us all season lock horns.

As a result..

Spurs: Can't Smile Without you, Can't be arsed with football without you

Just as an edit, I can't play much football any more due to injuries I got from army (nothing sinister, just too much running), but I'd resent someone saying that it makes me less of a fan of the game just because I don't have the ability to play anymore.

love Spurs a lot more than I love football, if Spurs ain't playing I can take it or leave it, England is about the only other team I get anything close to being passionate about.

love Spurs a lot more than I love football, if Spurs ain't playing I can take it or leave it, England is about the only other team I get anything close to being passionate about.

I don't think I would be into football as much as I am without Tottenham, and in fact, despite being a Spurs & Football fan for 21 or 22 years now, since I joined here in December (having not used a forum before) I've found that talking about Spurs more and more has made me more of a football fan too.

I would never be bothered watching a full match of anyone else, but I watched Liverpool v City today, not because I give a hoot about either team, moreso because I needed a fix and had a morbid fascination with watching two team who have terrorised us all season lock horns.

As a result..

Spurs: Can't Smile Without you, Can't be arsed with football without you

I can understand your point of view, I guess afew different factors can determine your feelings on the matter. I grew up loving to play footy from a very young age(I still do love having a kick about) and didn't start taking a big interest in the professional game until I was about 7 or 8. My dad was a Tottenham fan though but I guess I fell in love with the sport first and then THFC shortly after.

I went with Spurs.

I've got the Swansea v Chavs on now, not because I love football, but more because there's fuck all else on of a Sunday afternoon. I'll probably start dinner in a minute or take the dog out, such is my lack of 'arsed-ness' about any football match that doesn't involve Tottenham. If Spurs suddenly ceased to exist, I wouldn't just start supporting some other team, as I don't feel a connection with any other team - having grown up with my old man living and breathing Spurs, it was kind of the only football I watched from an early age.

Same with England, I can take it or leave it, as I don't really care for what players of other teams do - even when they're playing for their country. If Tottenham was comprised of the entire Mexico squad, I'd probably be more inclined to get behind Mexico, than England.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy watching/playing football but when it comes down to A or B, Spurs wins hand over fist.

I went with Spurs.

I've got the Swansea v Chavs on now, not because I love football, but more because there's fuck all else on of a Sunday afternoon. I'll probably start dinner in a minute or take the dog out, such is my lack of 'arsed-ness' about any football match that doesn't involve Tottenham. If Spurs suddenly ceased to exist, I wouldn't just start supporting some other team, as I don't feel a connection with any other team - having grown up with my old man living and breathing Spurs, it was kind of the only football I watched from an early age.

Same with England, I can take it or leave it, as I don't really care for what players of other teams do - even when they're playing for their country. If Tottenham was comprised of the entire Mexico squad, I'd probably be more inclined to get behind Mexico, than England.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy watching/playing football but when it comes down to A or B, Spurs wins hand over fist.

yea I got the chav match on to but I haven't watched it for 60 seconds straight lol and the first half is almost over, mostly listening to Pleat ramble on lol

I just feel like without the sport of football THFC wouldn't exist so how can you love THFC more than the thing that essentially gives it meaning and/or life. Without football there would be no THFC but without THFC football would still be the greatest sport on the planet. Maybe if more people cared about the sport the millionaire criminals in charge of fifa wouldn't beable to use it to line their pockets as much.

Back
Top Bottom