Everywhere we go

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

i like it, dont get the whole 'lower league' criticism, some of the best football atmospheres are in the lower leagues, away from the prem, its a crowd going chant only so much that stupid eriksen and harry kane song can be fucking sung to death before it all gets a bit tedious

I'll never understand all the whinging about different songs. Every single song someone complains about it being cringe. It sounds like teenage girls criticizing each others clothing. It's just a song, if you don't like one of them just wait for it to end. Plus 95% of football songs have been nicked from someone else.

LarryCatt LarryCatt

Everton having original songs ?
It's a grand old team to play for seems to be there only song they sing, which we occasionally sing.
Oh when the Spurs etc, was ours or saints ? Who cares it's about generating an atmosphere, hopefully drowning out the Woolwich next week when we smash them COYS

Grand old team to play for is originally a Celtic song, sung by Celtic, Spurs and Everton.

Can't smile without you started back in the early 90's from a bunch of lads who used to go to every away game on a coach from the Fox pub in Palmers Green.

Glory glory hallelujah is ours, and should be sung more often.

Spurs are on their way to Wembley is ours, and shit all over the other Wembley songs. I try to get the whole song going at away games(In our ranks is Ossie Ardiles.....), but only a few people join in. This one as well: "Score Tottenham score, once you get one you'll get more, we need goals aplenty so we get to Wembley, so score Tottenham score"

Also there's made plenty of good Spurs related verses of McNamaras band, but most people don't know the words which is a shame. And who remembers: "what do you make those eyes at me for, if they don't mean what they say...."?

1882 took to it and maybe continued it but I think it's main revival was due to our Champions League games against Inter as it got a hammering in Milan.
Ah fair enough. Couldn't be out there sadly, so first I heard it come back was Maribor at WHL I think!
At Lyon away the Dembele adaption of it got a lot of time:
My name is Moussa Dembele
I'm better than Pele
I come from a town in Belgium (Antwerp)
With the ball at my feet
All the defenders I beat say
Oi! Gorgeous! What's your name?

It's Shoreham boys ffs. It was good at Sheffield when it was tongue in cheek taking the piss, now it's like every other stolen unoriginal song, boring.

Don't even get me started on that Celtic song that some Spurs have sung recently.

It's Shoreham boys ffs. It was good at Sheffield when it was tongue in cheek taking the piss, now it's like every other stolen unoriginal song, boring.

Don't even get me started on that Celtic song that some Spurs have sung recently.

fun_sponge_pins-r2e36a080e71a42509c841793a6bfe1b3_x7j3i_8byvr_512.jpg

That's nice.

It would be nice to come up with something original and a little less small time.

That's all I'm saying.

Problem with that is, nearly every chant that can be done has been done, a good original is tough to come by these days.

Why complain about an atmosphere? Just enjoy that we actually generate one.

I thought every football song was a bit cringe but we all just accepted that fact and did it anyway because its the path we've all chosen and none of us take ourselves too seriously.

Since W Brom I can't get this out of my head tbh. Today didn't help. Very pleasing to the ears imo, didn't think it would be used at home but glad it was.

When you think about it, it is pretty incredible that a tongue in cheek theft of a song from Sheffield United may just be the catalyst for the revival of the atmosphere at White Hart Lane.

Back
Top Bottom