Europa League as our best chance of Champions League place next season

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some interesting draws. Now let's see how Everton handle traveling to Russia.

Unless you've just been appointed an advisor to Putin and want to make an announcement, Kiev is still for the moment in Ukraine.

To make last night even worse if they'd not fucked it up we'd be seeing Francesco fucking Totti at the Lane next month. I'm off for a cry.

"we move on"

"We go again"

I appear to have logged on to RAWK by mistake.
I can only hope you're being sarcastic.

I'm really unhappy we lost, but it's one of the feelings we have to live with as fans. As others on here have said, and said well, this season has already been so much better than the last couple. The team has been entertaining to watch and we genuinely have realistic hope of winning every time we go onto the field.

Losing sucks, but it's part of football and I'm not going to waste my time moping about while wallowing in negativity.

I can only hope you're being sarcastic.

I'm really unhappy we lost, but it's one of the feelings we have to live with as fans. As others on here have said, and said well, this season has already been so much better than the last couple. The team has been entertaining to watch and we genuinely have realistic hope of winning every time we go onto the field.

Losing sucks, but it's part of football and I'm not going to waste my time moping about while wallowing in negativity.

"We go again" was the Scousers mantra as their title challenge imploded last season.

So yes, I was being sarcastic.

Some interesting draws. Now let's see how Everton handle traveling to Russia.

Ah well, at least we avoided the ignominy of Roma's Gervinho scoring the winner to knock us out, then wanking off to the press that it was "Ze greatest goal I ever score for ArseAnal!!"
To be fair... Fiorentina v Roma will make a cracking match...
ULTRAS WANKFEST!!

By next season we might have lost Lloris and/or Eriksen. We might get massively difficult Cup draws. We had the luck of the draw in this year's Lge Cup, but it's looking like we've blown our chance now. Eriksen and Jan, for example, never should have started v Fiorentina. Chasing fool's gold in the EL, stupid, stupid, stupid.

If we get EL next season, chances are it will derail our Prem season again. Sunday games v lower table oppo played in front of tepid/antagonistic 'home support' ... :(

By next season we might have lost Lloris and/or Eriksen. We might get massively difficult Cup draws. We had the luck of the draw in this year's Lge Cup, but it's looking like we've blown our chance now. Eriksen and Jan, for example, never should have started v Fiorentina. Chasing fool's gold in the EL, stupid, stupid, stupid.

If we get EL next season, chances are it will derail our Prem season again. Sunday games v lower table oppo played in front of tepid/antagonistic 'home support' ... :(

Holy fucking melt, I wish things had turned out differently too but please man up and get a grip :pochfacepalm:

Aren't you ever the optimist

So what do you suggest? we can all spout negative, hindsight nonsense.

Every season you need to chase the dream-isnt that football. You can't pick and chose your game.

Well I for one am pretty positive for the rest of the season. While I was hoping for a long - and ultimately winning - Europa League run I've come round to thinking that thursday's defeat will actually be the spur (no pun intended) to a determined assault on a 4th or better place finish. No more thursday-sunday bullshit, no other distractions, simply focus on the league and aim high. As long as we can keep our 'spine' players fit and healthy there's no reason that we can't be in the shake-up for the top four come May.

Well I for one am pretty positive for the rest of the season. While I was hoping for a long - and ultimately winning - Europa League run I've come round to thinking that thursday's defeat will actually be the spur (no pun intended) to a determined assault on a 4th or better place finish. No more thursday-sunday bullshit, no other distractions, simply focus on the league and aim high. As long as we can keep our 'spine' players fit and healthy there's no reason that we can't be in the shake-up for the top four come May.
So I take it you agree with me, and IOTB for example, that the Prem was/is a bigger priority than the EL?

I wonder if you also think that Poch got it all wrong by starting players like Eriksen and Jan on Thursday, because I think he did.

Back
Top Bottom