Europa League as our best chance of Champions League place next season

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So I take it you agree with me, and IOTB for example, that the Prem was/is a bigger priority than the EL?

I wonder if you also think that Poch got it all wrong by starting players like Eriksen and Jan on Thursday, because I think he did.

Right now, winning trophies is more important for the club than putting a 100% effort into getting a top 4 place and a possible Champions League place. Ideally, a Europa League title would have been my preferred win but The Capital One cup offers another chance for Poch and the team to claim their first piece of silverware. As for playing first team starters such as Eriksen, Loris and Vertonghen against Fiorentina I must confess that I changed my mind about who should play at least ten times. I guess that Poch fielded a side that he hoped would see Spurs through to the next round whilst still being able to rest some of the obvious starters for the Chelsea game and in the end we failed to progress due more to our errors than the strength of the line up. Whether the gamble to have played so many of the first team 3 days before a cup final proves to have been a mistake, we'll find out tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom