Europa League 2015/2016

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You guys cannot imagine how I feel.
Fiorentina fan, I come here last year to get to know the Spurs before our 2015 tie, fall in love with them, elect them as my second favourite team... and now they draw my two teams against each other AGAIN?!?
This is not a win-win situation, it's a damn-damn situation.
I can relate to that , always hope Spurs and Gent never meet in the EL or god forbid the CL

• Lloris
  • 06 Chiriches
  • 21 Fazio
  • 05 Vertonghen (Walker - 75' )
  • 33 Davies Booked
  • 25 Stambouli
  • 42 Bentaleb (Kane - 63' )
  • 11 Lamela
  • 23 Eriksen
  • 22 Chadli (Townsend - 63' )
  • 09 Soldado
Team that played in Fiorentina last year. Not got a League cup final a few days later this year and should be able to put a stronger team out assuming Kane fit. Deserved an easier draw though after the League & FA cup draws.

It is complete shit that 3rd place Champions League teams drop into Europa League. They had their shot and they fucked up. United will probably lose anyway.

As for us. Fiorentina are a good side. Probably one we would have liked to avoid but sack it. We'd most likely have to beat them eventually anyway. If we win here I can see us having a good chance of winning the whole thing. Some of the stronger teams are up against each other in this round so it'll decongest the pool.

Fingers crossed!

The thing is, I believe that last year's draw was quite a toss-up. We largely owe our victory to Soldado. And to a major bit of luck during those first 20 minutes at WHL.
Now, Spurs have improved remarkably since last season: Alli, Son, Toby, a more balanced midfield with Dier.

On the other hand, Fiorentina's squad didn't really improve since last year.
It is true that we are currently second in Serie A but we have been definitely overperforming, mostly thanks to our new coach Paulo Sousa's intelligent additions to Montella's tactical framework and to a very good athletic condition. But all in all, we are not that better than last season.

For me it is a 60/40 tie, to the Spurs' favour, and I'm beng optimistic.

Who's going to Florence this year?

I will be. Haven't done one of these since Benfica two seasons ago. Hopefully this time around the city council will realise that we're not cunts like Feyenoord and can be trusted to booze without ripping the place to shreds. If not, suppose there's always that Uncle Jimmy's place I heard loads of ours piled into.

And no Soldado, so it's already looking like a good trip.

Back
Top Bottom